[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you fairly rate a game if you refuse to buy all its DLC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Not Happy.jpg (104KB, 407x390px) Image search: [Google]
Not Happy.jpg
104KB, 407x390px
How can you fairly rate a game if you refuse to buy all its DLC?
>>
How can you fairly rate a restaurant if you refuse to buy everything on its menu?
>>
>>385032442
>Food analogy.
Yes, because typically DLCs have their own dedicated review sections.
>>
>>385032497
>food analogy
Not an argument.
>>
If the dlc can make or break the game, it probably isn't very good
>>
me names ole bean

and imma be crashin dis ole plean
>>
I don't know, how can you even rate a game without buying exquisite horse armor?
>>
>all dlc is standalone

yes absolutely
>>
>>385032442
If I see one rat or roach in the damn restaurant, I know it's a shitty restaurant without trying anything
>>
>>385032442
A better analogy would be:
How can you fairly rate a main course if you refuse to buy an optional side?
>>
>>385032957
How can you fairly rate a girls pussy if you refuse to eat her ass?
>>
>>385032539
Okay, fine, have it your way.
It's not a good comparison because they're different in what service it provides. I've seen restaurant reviews that weigh the speed of the atmosphere, location, ease of access, elegance, cleanliness, and of course, the meals, sure, and certainly you could do the same with games, but they're definitely not a 1:1 comparison in that sense.
>>
You rate base game and different versions separately. For example Bloodborne is a solid 7.5 as a base game. With Old Hunters it turns into a 9.
DLC isn't the only thing that can change a game either. Major patches can drastically make the game better or worse over time, though this mostly applies to multiplayer games.
That's why "WHY DID YOU PLAY THE GAME FOR 2000 HOURS IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT HUH HUH" is a fallacious argument.
>>
>>385033239
>weigh the speed of the atmosphere
>>
>>385032442
>Food analogy.

This needs to be illegal.
>>
>>385033362
>food analogy
Not an argument.
>>
>>385032084
The game and the DLC are two separate products, you can choose to rate either product separately or together it doesn't matter as long as you don't misidentify it. A game that was bad getting "better" because it has good DLC was a bad game with good DLC.
>>
>>385033357
>>385033239
*speed of service, the atmosphere,
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.