[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will the remake meme fucking die and when will you stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: remakestation 4.png (2MB, 1248x1098px) Image search: [Google]
remakestation 4.png
2MB, 1248x1098px
when will the remake meme fucking die and when will you stop buying them?

>e3 2018
>more remakes to be announced

what's next?
MGS1? Devil may cry 1/3? zone of the enders?
>>
>>385031781
oddworld, SotC, and crash aren't remakes.
They are remasters.
R&C didn't require a remake and I am one of the vocal minority that didn't give a fuck about FFVII in the first place.
System Shock is old as all fucking hell and I would love to have it remade or at least remastered to not look like hot garbage visually.
>MGS
It will get a pachinko machise like snake eater did
>Devil May cry
It already got a remake. It bombed financially.
>zone of enders
Konami doesn't even remember that shit existing. When they dig it up at the bottom of thier trash cans it will get a pachinko machine.
>>
File: angry-anime.jpg (30KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
angry-anime.jpg
30KB, 550x309px
op is a fag that aint appreciating our oldies. just because youre a literal kid doesnt mean us vets want to sate our nostalgia with glorious remasters/remakes of our favourite games. kys op
>>
>when will you stop buying them
when they stop being good, fag
>>
>>385032546
Shadow of the Colossus got a remaster for PS3, but they're also completely remaking it for PS4. Did you miss E3 this year?
>>
>>385033292
I didn't.
They are just remastering again for Ps4.
Kicking a long dead horse.
>>
>>385033581

you seem to not understand the difference between a remaster and a remake
>>
>>385031781
System Shock and FF7 will benefit greatly from the full remakes they're getting.
SotC, Crash and Ratchet rematers aren't as exciting, but they're also having/had far less money and time spent on making them. It's proportionate.
MGS1 already has a remake, and I wouldn't mind another if they properly updated it even further (but I doubt they will).
>>
>>385032546
>Remake
a game remade from scratch, new engine, new assets,new everything. (pretty much everything on that picture)
>Remaster
same game as before, except some minor graphical changes such as textures and resolution (TLOU, Uncharted, Skyrim Special Edition)

it really isn't a hard concept to grasp, anon.
as for dmc getting a remake I have no idea where you came up with that, are you talking about donte? because that one is a reboot and it's a completely different thing
>>
>>385033665
Remake = new gameplay.
Remaster = new cosmetics.
This a far better and afr more commonly used definition.
>>
File: did not rike it.gif (942KB, 253x216px) Image search: [Google]
did not rike it.gif
942KB, 253x216px
>>385031781
>zone of the enders
>it will never have kojima or okamura's involvement
>it won't make full use of the fox engine
>it will never get made period

did you mention this possibility only to toy with my heart, anon?
>>
>>385032546
I feel like a remaster should mean just taking the original game and making it look a little better with updated resolution and textures, while a remake should mean literally re-making the entire game from ground up.
>>
>>385034205

that's what it actually means, he has some arbitrary definition of it that nobody else follows
>>
>>385033648
A remaster is just the exact same game on either a different engine or updated and upscaled graphics and resolution.
A remake is a complete re-envisioning of the original source material.
Which is why even though Crash trilogy looks completely different and made on a completely different engine it is still just a remaster. Because it is still just the exact same game.

And so will SotC.
>>385034205
This guy gets it.
>>
SS1 desperately needs a remake, so thats fine

SotC is a blatant cashgrab, no way around it
>>
>>385034330
>Which is why even though Crash trilogy looks completely different and made on a completely different engine it is still just a remaster. Because it is still just the exact same game.

Not him but there is brand new content in the remakes, that aren't in the original at all. That skews it more to actually being remakes.
>>
>>385034330

no senpai
>remaster
updated and upscaled graphics and resolution
>remake
same game remade completely
>reboot
complete re-envisioning of the original source material

crash is definitively a remake
>>
File: 18mietq6elpokjpg.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18mietq6elpokjpg.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
>>385033917
I'm pretty sure they had a project for ZOE 3 going on that was canned due to the remasters low sales
>>
>>385033797
no
youre an idiot
remake is remaking the game from scratch
youre a complete fucking idiot i can only guess youre like a dimwitted child who cant into basic logic

but shit you are the most retarded person ive seen on here today, this is really the most retarded thing ive seen. congratulation, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>385034618
they would've sold just fine if konami had given the remasters to kojima and hexa drive in the first place. but nooo they had to give them to some shit studio
>>
>>385033661
FF7 is going to be released episodically which is fucking annoying and stupid. System Shock remake sounds dope though because I never played the first one and its too old for me to pick up since I don't have nostalgia glasses.
>>
However you call it it's still a less effort cashgrab of old games that you can play at any given time. what's even worse is that it takes development time away from those few new games we're getting.

and with that the game industry follows obediently the footsteps of Hollywood.
>>
ACE COMBAT TRILOGY MOTHERFUCKER
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.