[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1451461545816.png (767KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
1451461545816.png
767KB, 800x626px
When did Halo lose you, and why do you keep buying the games?
>>
>>385025407
The fight was finished.
I haven't since 3.
>>
3. I saw no reason for it to continue beyond that. Reach was okay, but 4 and 5 have been pretty awful. Should've ended it with 3 and tried a new IP. Wish companies would end or put on hold franchises when they reach a natural peak rather than burning them out with incessant entries.
>>
>>385025407
> Halo 3: Finish the Fight
There we go. The original developers closed the book. It was a good end to a good trilogy.
>>
>>385025407
I tried forge mode and it sucked
>>
When they ruined the M6D pistol, they lost me.

So they lost me at Halo 2.
>>
Based George Kamitani.
>>
No splitscreen multiplayer. I only play halos with my gf
>>
File: 122.png (438KB, 754x648px) Image search: [Google]
122.png
438KB, 754x648px
>>385027769
this
>>
>>385027769
a man among men
>>
>>385025407
I dropped the whole franchise after 2.

It was mostly a good game IMO, but it was also the first time I saw an ending that actually told me "fuck you, buy the sequel" to my face and I decided I wasn't going to take any of that shit.
>>
>>385030152

Heard rumors there was supposed to be an extra level but they had no time or whatever, so we got a cliffhanger and a sub-par game. Halo 3 just felt like it dragged on too long and what the fuck was up with gravemind? Becomes a major antagonist then dies off-screen.
>>
>>385025407
In the third frame, why does his hand go THROUGH the cup?

Deepest lore
>>
>>385030790
He's just putting the lid on.
>>
I had a n64, not an xbox.

Nintendo for life.
>>
>>385028330
Fucking kek
>>
>>385025407
Somewhere around the snow level, and I don't.
>>
2 ruined the fps genre and my mood with the regenerating health crap so dropped with that one.
>>
>>385031859
Why 2 if 1 didn't?
>>
>>385032191
1 only had regenerating shields?
>>
>>385025407
>When did Halo lose you,
my first thought is to say Halo 4, but that really doesn't compare the awfulness of the Master Chief Collection
>and why do you keep buying the games?
there's this Halo customs group that plays once a week that I've been a part of since the Halo 3 days and helping to run since Reach, I know and like the people in it and the only time I get to talk to all of them is during that game night
people have done dumber things in the pursuit of talking to friends than buying consoles and games, right?
>>
>>385025407
wasn't there actually a good reason for her to be designed that way? Like an ironic play on fertility goddess's since they're necromancers? Think he's done that for every necromancer in his games so the theme is consistent
>>
>>385025407
the moment that i realized there were like 3 whole sections copy pasted and connected one to another in the first one i just started rushing to the ending
how the fuck does people call this one of the best games ever made is completely beyond me
>>
>>385025407
5 is an absolute parody and fortunately a combination of MCC's terrible launch and Destiny being a pile of burning dog turds turned me off getting an Xbone.

I hope for the MCC to get ported to PC so the original trilogy can live on past the Xbox brand, beyond that I am done with Halo.
>>
I liked Reach, mild to 1 and 2, hated the rest.
>>
5's campaign was a massive disappointment, but its multiplayer was a return to form for the series, so I haven't yet dropped it, but I came damn close.
4 nearly killed it.
>>
File: 1500160432302.png (31KB, 184x173px) Image search: [Google]
1500160432302.png
31KB, 184x173px
>>385030631
>>385030152

That extra level was supposed to be where Miranda arc-welds a giant bomb to the chiefs back and then kicks him off the boat on a suicide mission to kill the prophets. Apparently she was supposed to make a deal with the prophets to kill the chief because he "killed" her dad in Halo 1, so she hands up chief on a platter but kills the prophets as well.

Also, if you can't be arsed to buy one of the best selling shooter titles ever because 'muh principles' surrounding a story, well fuck you. Devs have to work in a time frame, I think they did pretty well, and apparently so do a shitton of other people.
>>
>>385033282
MCC isnt awful, its bugged.

>>385033673
They filled the rooms with different shit, the weapons are fun, and the enemy AI was really good. Regen health (done right) also made it easy to pick up and play.

>>385033774
have you tried halo online? It's free

>>385034276
This

>>385030152
They were right when they told you to buy the sequel though. Halo 3 was kino
>>
File: 1497481980658.jpg (97KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497481980658.jpg
97KB, 512x512px
>>385025407
>Loved and still play 1 on PC
>Halo 2 was alright, multiplayer was boss
>Never had a 360 growing up, so I had ODST before 3, but I still liked both.
>Loved the fucking SHIT out of ODST, dat atmosphere, dat music, dat firefly cast, DAT STORY
>Loved Reach. Easily my favorite multiplayer of the series, next to Halo 1 - shit just felt visceral. Having my spartan as my MC as well as my multiplayer character? Aw yeah
>Halo 4 had an alright story, covenant seemed totally underwhelming, thought the robot enemies were total trash though, so was that whole deal with laskeys higher up being a dick. Appreciated seeing a slightly more human chief, even though thats not what he's about really. Cortana is cute as fuck, but I still liked her more in 1-3.
>Halo 5 is the monument to all your sins. Literally the culmination of every micro-transaction, every P2W, every fucking pizza-theme skin for your goddamn pistol cancerous issue with every shovelware game ever, all in what was supposed to be a game. That advertising campaign though, hooooo boy, you got me, you got me, you fucking jews. Also, who wants to play as fucking Luke Cage for 12/15 missions instead of the Chief? The Fucking Chief??

You know the movies where the black dude dies first, and no one gives a shit five minutes later? That was about how memorable Locke is to me. Also, I love how 343 is about facing like Bungie did on Halo 2, and planning to give all of Halo 6 to the Chief. Though to give cred to Bungie, at least they fucking explained the who, what, where, and why of the Arbiter, instead of making people go watch some fucking fanfic and read up on some comics to figure out who the new black dude was.

JESUS CHRIST what a fucking mess 5 was. Halo 4 was shit, but it was by far better than 5 on the story. Only thing 5 got right was some of the multiplayer elements, and even that isn't Halo anymore.
>>
File: halo are there guns in there.jpg (585KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
halo are there guns in there.jpg
585KB, 1152x864px
>>385025407
Played CE and 2, love them and still play them regularly.
Never bought an Xbox after the first one so that's all I know.
>>
>>385036716
>p2w
>playing warzone ever

It's like you actively wanted to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>385025407

You can't tell me she isn't based off Hitomi tanaka.

Exact same... Hair
>>
>>385025407
I haven't played a single Halo game in my life.
>>
>>385025848
This.

The story had no business going on.

>But the after credit scene!

Wow a 5 second shot of a planet. Who cares?
>>
>>385028330
god
>>
>>385035229
>if you don't like supporting compromising integrity for shitty business practices with your money then fuck you
hello, underage
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.