[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I enjoy Paladins so much more than this? I regret buying it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: overwatch.jpg (99KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
99KB, 600x315px
Why do I enjoy Paladins so much more than this? I regret buying it.
>>
>>385023536
you should know why
why not explain it to us?
>>
>>385023698
I have a low IQ and can't explain my preferences. I can't tell you why I like vanilla ice cream either.
>>
>>385023536
Overwatch is a chokepoint simulator, that is why.
>>
>>385023536
paladins gives you more feeling of accomplishment since the matches are longer. I too liked paladins more until I stopped playing both games
>>
>>385023951
I feel like the characters in Paladins are all just more dynamic/capable and that makes it more fun.

Fernando for example is like Reinhardt, except Fernando can be played as a flank as much as a front line.
>>
>>385023951
>matches are longer

I'm pretty sure that depends on team skill and team comp, both games can have long matches.
>>
>>385023536
How can you enjoy it when matchmaking is completely fucked right now?

Sounds like a shitrez shill to me.
>>
>>385023536
Because paladins has real skinner box content by locking gameplay mechanics behind cancerous systems while overwatch only locks cosmetics. Your brain damage has really gotten to you man
>>
>>385024598
>when matchmaking is completely fucked right now?
Are you referring to the completely lopsided balance? e.g. they pair 1000 elo with 3000 elo, then put them against a team full of 2500 elo players and it's hard to carry against them?

If so then I completely agree with you. But that's an easy problem to diagnose and fix. It's not the base gameplay in Paladins that bothers me. Whereas OW is probably much more polished and balanced in this regard, but I just don't enjoy the gameplay.

>>385024753
Meh if you buy the founder's pack for $20 you can unlock most of the stuff for a lot of the characters you want to play. I wish there was a "buy to unlock everything" option like Overwatch has ($40 to buy that game) but oh well.
>>
both are braindead casual cancer, paladins just less so
>>
Overwatch > Paladins

Movement in overwatch feels faster and skills are way more creative than Paladins, sure, the card system in paladins seems good and adds little variation, but my biggest problem with paladins is that characters are kinda ugly and boring, some of them are direct ripoff of some overwatch characters and the action feels so slow that only makes me wish that the match ends.
>>
File: denny-zunon-daphz-oracle-lobby.jpg (268KB, 1920x858px) Image search: [Google]
denny-zunon-daphz-oracle-lobby.jpg
268KB, 1920x858px
>>385025110
Paladins has really fucking hot females. Pic related. Also that new character in paladins is really good looking. OW has better male characters though. Paladins has really ugly males.
>>
File: 1475364807374.png (157KB, 288x325px) Image search: [Google]
1475364807374.png
157KB, 288x325px
You can play as semen demons
>>
File: god damn brutes.jpg (93KB, 448x637px) Image search: [Google]
god damn brutes.jpg
93KB, 448x637px
>>385023536
>Thinking that Hi Rez isnt going to pull another Tribes: Ascend with Paladins
>>
>>385026287
What happened to tribes ascended?
>>
>>385025110
>and the action feels so slow that only makes me wish that the match ends.
lol nigga wut
>>
>>385025110
>movement in Overwatch feels faster
Have you played Paladins at all?
>>
>>385025070
paladins is just more so*
>>
>>385026416
tribes started as a high speed high skill game with guns that shot projectiles
then they nerfed how fast you could go
then they added p2w weapons and hitscan weapons
then they abandoned the game
then 2 years later they said "we are going back to tribes!! tribes ascend 2.0 launch is now!!! we are updating it!!"
then a month later it was abandoned again
>>
I'm only playing Overwatch at the moment to try to get to GM. Was about 50ish points away and suddenly 10 matches in a row with throwers.
The real problem imo is the community.
>>
>>385025110
movement in OW is more responsive (you can ADADAD spam like crazy) but the game is NOT faster.
>>
>>385026628
lmao what is this, this cant be real
>>
Is there a character in paladins that plays like Ana?
>>
>>385024372
Bullshit. Fernando is only a flank if you're going against squishies, maybe. A smart skye, genji or that new rifle bitch will eat you alive.
>>
>>385026776
Fernando can flank pretty much anyone as long as he isn't ganged up on
Skye is shit
>>
>>385023536
Because you played Overwatch, and you switched to Paladins? You know, it's common feel when you switch to something new from thing you already know. I dont know how much you played Overwatch, but I'm certain you wont stay there as long as in Overwatch. You will get burned out after half of this time for sure, and you will came back to Overwatch.
>>
File: Ive got balls of feel.jpg (41KB, 389x399px) Image search: [Google]
Ive got balls of feel.jpg
41KB, 389x399px
>>385026631
>tfw no game will ever again have kills as satisfying as a blue plate special
>>
>>385026736
Honestly, if the hitboxes weren't that big i wouldn't be able to hit anything, because the character models jitter like crazy and they all have that annoying jump animation they like to spam.
>>
>>385026745

Snek.

He stuns people every time he reloads, has a grenade that slows enemies/heals heroes and his heal is a hitscan that requires aiming.
>>
>>385026631
Well in recent patches Hi-Rez has:
>shifted from a fair system where players could just spend their gold on the cards they want to a system where players now have to spend their gold on rng boxes to get cards
>nerfed mobility
>made every projectile faster so they're easier for idiots to hit
They're on the right track
>>
File: 2017.jpg (91KB, 903x703px) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
91KB, 903x703px
>>385027079
Don't forget that in the next patch they're adding in an option that allows people to buy legendary cards with real money.
>>
>>385027464
You always could buy legendary cards with real money
It was just full of extra steps
>>
>>385023536
Paladins has a better balance because abilities of what characters can do is split up better, making the characters by themselves weaker, but making everyone HAVE to work on a time.

For example, Viktor and Soldier 76. Viktor is pretty much Soldier, except he doesn't have a self AOE heal. Since Viktor doesn't, it means he has to work with a tank or support to keep his damage output going.

Soldier literally does everything and doesn't even need to talk to his team to do what he wants to get done.

There's a million more examples, but paladins does know what it's doing better than Overwatch, especially with far more constant content updates.
>>
>>385026776
Bruh are you retarded or you're just not aware of recent Fernando buffs? He can flank and kill most characters if they're solo.
>>
>>385026891
Nope, I played Paladins first. I have 300 hours in Paladins. I cannot stand OW.
>>
>>385028170
>making the characters by themselves weaker
paladins characters are way stronger than their OW counterparts.
>>
>>385028170
>Viktor and Soldier 76. Viktor is pretty much Soldier, except he doesn't have a self AOE heal. Since Viktor doesn't, it means he has to work with a tank or support to keep his damage output going.

except that every paladins character can regenerate health by staying under cover.
>>
>>385028170
Viktor doesn't have a heal because every character in Paladins has out of combat regen already
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>385028170
yeah... I really like updates in paladins... new characters look s-sick, r-right?
>>
soldier's heal is retarded
he already sprints, make him run to fucking healthpacks, I don't care how old 76 is, ffs
>>
>>385028790
>>385028793
The healing is sort of why Paladins is faster pace, and flows way better than Overwatch too. But there are people like Pip who can heal themselves in a clutch too, so to say there's out of combat heals is a point is undercutting the point.

>>385028980
Ya, but they needed more fantasy creatures in my opinion, it's like a 9/10 chance the new heroes are humans, so I don't mind them at least trying.
>>
>>385023536
Overwatch is too much team dependent
You can have fun and be usefull even if your team is going full retard in Paladin
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.