[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrono Trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ChronoTriggerLogo.png (211KB, 900x324px) Image search: [Google]
ChronoTriggerLogo.png
211KB, 900x324px
Never played this before. And now im curious about it. What's the best way to play it? Ps1? DS? The iOS port?
>>
DS or SNES.

PS1 version suffers from load times between every thing you do.

DS version got a updated translation closer to the original text and has a bit more content, connecting more of it to Cross.
>>
>>385004460
>DS version got a updated translation closer to the original text
This isn't a good thing

>and has a bit more content
The content sucks

Just FYI
>>
>>385005625
>This isn't a good thing
Actually it is. There's less confusion with poor translation choices than the SNES version.

>The content sucks
Agreed, it doesn't really add anything meaningful, aside from the 2 extra endings.
>>
Pick SNES version. DS version has less charm.
>>
SNES
>>
>>385004460
the DS
>>
SNES

The extra content isn't worth the very noticeable downgrade in visual and audio quality.
>>
>>385004460
DS version is definitively the best.
>>
>>385006025
>very noticeable downgrade in visual and audio quality
Complete lies, DS and SNES versions are identical in those regards
>>
Snes is pretty good and check out crimson echos after you play the first one.

What ever you do stay away from the ps1 version with its long load times, long pauses to go to menu and go to areas and other bullshit its not worth the animated scenes.
>>
>>385005795
How? What the fuck do you even mean by that?
>>
Okay did some reading on this guy and I will recommend people I know the pirate this guy's game. He is a true piece of shit just like most of codex's user base.
>>
>>385007762
It means he has nostalgia for the SNES version because he played it as a kid.

In reality the DS version has more charm as the characters actually sound like real people and Frog speaks in an authentic old English dialect instead of just rudimentary elementary school level vocabulary in the SNES version just like every other character
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>385004460
>get snes
>insert game

Wow that was hard to figure out
>>
>>385005625
>This isn't a good thing
what
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.