[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyre/Supergiant thread One more day niggers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg (891KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg
891KB, 1920x1080px
Pyre/Supergiant thread

One more day niggers.
>>
I would be excited for this if it played like an actual RPG and not like fantasy hockey
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
File: 1359607167960.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1359607167960.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>385003630
>Why didn't Supergiant just make a normal game
Why would you even want that?
>>
>>385003436
Is it a versus / multiplayer game? Everything I've seen seems to have two teams facing off. I really don't understand how it plays.
>>
>>385003935
It as a singleplayer campaign and local multiplayer
>>
>>385004070
That doesn't help explain the gameplay, which looks entirely multiplayer oriented.
>>
>>385003908
Bastion and Transistor were pretty normal and fun.
>>
>>385003935
>I really don't understand how it plays.
That's typical of their stuff (Besides Bastion but I guess some people had trouble getting over the isometric angle).
It's basically a mix of an RPG and a sports game kinda.
I haven't watched this video because I want to go in not knowing too much but it's from them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6oDny79ngY
>>
FUCK FUCK FUCK

FULL SONGS UP NIGGAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAWmSzN7Uf8
>>
>>385004120
Something about exiles in limbo having to play those matches in order to get out of said limbo or someting
>>
>>385004212
>Isometric action game
>Pausing as a combat mechanic
>Normal and fun
>>
>>385004462
Wait wait wait fuck
>Normal*
I autopiloted and added fun
>>
>>385004338
The vocals ruin it a bit imo
>>
>>385004557
Yeah it's gonna be hard to live up to Transistors vocals imo
>>
>>385003436
I like inazuma eleven so this seems like my cup of tea.
>>
>>385004842
>Composed by Darren Korb. Vocals by Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett.
I don't see how, same people since Bastion
>>
Jodi is my wife
>>
>>385005352
>Things from the same people can't be at varying levels of quality
>Nobodies ever had a hard time living up to their earlier works before
Also there's the fact that this song focuses more on the male vocals than female.

I'm sure overall the game will be at least pretty good though
>>
File: 140781.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
140781.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
>>385005772
They know people love Ashley vocals and of of course she will have plenty songs, I think the OST will be on par with the other games. While the gamplay might be good but not outstanding, the art and music of their games is always impeccable.
I'm still waiting for the full version of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCEe-OhAkU
>>
>>385003436
Fuck it I'm buying it right now, better not be disappointing
>>
>>385006734
I broke my rule and preordered it today because I knew that i'd buy it regardless of what reviews and people said and I wanted to save some cash.
>>
>>385006573
Oh yeah. All of Supergiants shit is good for different reasons because they get the gameplay and setting so different in each one
>>
>>385006573
Transistor's art was kinda boring to me. Maybe the artdeco just didn't flip my switch or something, but I thought it was much more subdued compared to bastion. The goldleaf use amazing though, would have loved to see it used throughout the game to accent the world's art. Also, think the music is better in bastion, personally, but I think that's probably a purely stylistic preference (the soundtrack vrs. of Build That Wall is disappointing though, I like the game vrs. better).

music
bastion > transistor = pyre (so far)

art
bastion > transistor > pyre (so far)

story
bastion > transistor > pyre (so far)

gameplay
transistor > bastion > pyre (so far)
>>
>>385003436
I'm fucking hype
>>
>>385003908
this, they're trying something new and based on what I've seen, it will probably pay off. glad people are keeping their expectations low though. Hype only hurts games
>>
>>385007830
See personally I find that Bastion is the most standard and plain of the bunch. I love that Transistor was very focused on the art deco look and I love that Pyre is going all in on the surreal look.
Bastion kinda just looks like a video game with a colorful artstyle. Especially since Transistor and Pyre have proper environments and Bastion had a background and was tile chunks coming from the land below for most of the time. It was a neat effect, but it means everything looks way less striking than in the other two.
Music wise it's on point though, I don't personally think it beats transistor because of sheer number of amazing vocal tracks compared to Bastions more scant number. Spike in a rail and Setting Sail Coming Home are two of the greatest supergiant songs.
Storywise Bastion definitely wins. Nothing beats all the twists at the end Rucks has been narrating the story because he's recounting it to Zia, Rucks destroyed the world, saving Zulf, the ending choice
>Gameplay transistor beats all
Amazing tastes. I'm cautious about Pyre's gameplay atm as well because of the whole part sports game thing.
>>
>>385003935
Don't have time to fully describe the gameplay and it's details but it's basically a sports game that has consequences depending on whether you win or lose. There are other forms of gameplay aside from the sports game but that is the main attraction
>>
>>385003436
Art and sound will be on point, the gameplay looks quite fun and fast paced.
I'm pre-loading the game right now.
>>
>>385003436
I hope it goes up on GOG the same time as steam. Hate when devs don't release on all stores at the same time
>>
>>385003436
Seeing the trailer, what the hell is the gameplay even like? What is going on?
>>
>>385009358
It's like turn based soccer iirc. You have three players on each side, and you have to get a ball into the other person's goal
>>
File: wakka.jpg (26KB, 267x382px) Image search: [Google]
wakka.jpg
26KB, 267x382px
>>385009943
blitz ball...?
>>
I'm not really worried. The gameplay seems a bit odd, but I've loved both of Supergiant's games so far mostly for their atmosphere & general vibe (including art and music), so I'm sure I'll like Pyre. They know how to make short, sweet, & cool experiences, basically.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.