[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Maker Level Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: MegaMakerTitleScreen.png (71KB, 956x836px) Image search: [Google]
MegaMakerTitleScreen.png
71KB, 956x836px
Anybody messing around with Mega Maker? I wanna start a thread archiving some of the levels we've made. Post your level IDs in this thread.

Here's the first level I made. Ignore the shitty level name.
Level ID: 62568
>>
This is my new Powered Up. More playable characters when?
>>
>>384997197
Yeah, it'd be great if we could play as the robot masters. At least give us Protoman
>>
I'd rather see them add all robot masters and weapons first before adding extra playable characters
>>
File: megaman_tribute_by_z3dd-d3fusxb.jpg (476KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
megaman_tribute_by_z3dd-d3fusxb.jpg
476KB, 612x792px
>>384997197
Definitely needs more playable characters and 7/8/RM&F tilesets. That's all I want really.
>>
>>384998895
I can understand why it doesn't have 7, 8 or RM&F tilesets. They would clash with the 8-bit tilesets. I would like 9 & 10 content though.
>>
>>384998994
They can use the tiles from the 7 and 8 demakes.
>>
>>384998994
Sure, but I'm just thinking of Mario Maker where they have both 8- and 16-bit stuff.
>>
>>384999469
I guess. But then you be limited to only using either 8-bit or 16-bit. Like, in Mario Maker, you can only pick one art style at a time and all the blocks and enemies change to that style. If Mega Maker were to do something like that, it'd need to have custom assets.
>>
>>384999612
Well like the other poster said they can use the demakes for '8-bit' mode, and then maybe have a 16-bit mode that includes 7/8/RM&F, and perhaps even X1-3 if feasible.

I guess 8 and RM&F also aren't technically 16-bit in the same way as the others, but at least the latter was the SNES. Don't know if they'd make for great tiles though.
>>
Would you rather have
>two more RMs per game
>one Wily Boss per game
>two RMs from each of the remaining games (8-10 & Bass)
>two more weapons from each game and two more smash specials
>the remaining enemies from 1-6
>>
>>384999810
I just want the gravity switches from Gravity Man's stage
>>
>>384999848
actually that would be some neat shit
>>
Just made a new level. Check it out and give me some feedback.

Level ID: 62913
>>
>>385002020
I found the 2nd half a bit annoying with the falling blocks, but it might just be that I suck. Making a level based off charge kick is pretty cool though.
>>
>>385002020
the very first part of the level should have more enemies, especially with the two health pickups there (did you actually expect someone to take two hits from the met?)
>>
>>385003376
expanded, since I actually got to the end now
Overall it's too easy and the difficulty curve is a bit sparatic, going from no punishment for failed jumps, to small platforms over bottomless pits, to "hold right and jump occasionally" falling blocks.
>>
Someone tell me what this is.
>>
>>385003626
Mario Maker, except it's Mega Man
It's pretty damn cool. One of the best parts would be buffs to formerly shitty abilities, and the option to change the default weapon
>>
>>385003376
The beginning of the level was intended to introduce the player to the main mechanic of the level, charge kick, and teach them how to use in a safe environment. I added those health pick ups to give an incentive to fall down that pit and discover that a regular slide turns into a charge kick.
>>
>>385003768
the first jump over said health pick-ups should be enough for them to know you can use it in midair, having something in the lower parts of the section afterward would be fair punishment for screwing up the midair kicks there
>>
File: 1446325217149.png (39KB, 310x208px) Image search: [Google]
1446325217149.png
39KB, 310x208px
>>384996517
>not mega x maker
>>
>>385003871
Thanks for the feedback. I'm getting into game design and trying to learn the basics of level design too. I'll keep all that in mind for my next level. Have you played the one I mention in the OP? I'd love some feedback on that one too. Looking back, I personally don't think it's too great.
>>
>>385004332
the screen with a checkpoint and small health made me think there was a lower route, making me kill myself
Boss arena gave me an idea for Metal Man, but other than that it was real easy to cheese by keeping yourself cycling between two teleporters shooting towards him.
>>
>>385005097
Ah, I see what you mean about that edge. Yeah, I guess people could get the wrong idea about that.

You may have had an easy version of the boss battle though. The metal blades will come out when you shoot, so it all depends when you let off your shot. When I was playing through it to upload it, I found that I'd have to vary which portal I jumped into from time to time.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.