[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baldur`s gate 2 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: bg2-1.jpg (102KB, 422x553px) Image search: [Google]
bg2-1.jpg
102KB, 422x553px
I`m about to finish BG2 SoA with a
fighter/mage/thief
Barbarian/cleric multi
Berserk7/druid dual
Cleric/mage multi

The cleric/mage has a shitton of spells but I feel like I`m missing out on high level wizard spells, I just unlocked level 7 spells and I`m already heading to suldasanar
Does it get better in TOB?
>>
>actually wanting to play ToB
The only good part of ToB is Draconis fight which is the hardest encounter in a game (unless you know how to cheese the fucker). Generally, multiclasses are fucked, sorry
>>
TOB is where cleric/mage gets REALLY good.
Should've gotten yourself a sorcerer to compensate lack of access to high level spells for a while though.
>>
fuck rpg codex
>>
>>384994941
Shadows of Amn was limited to 8th level spells before ToB so you aren't missing much by design, but unless you'll grind a bit you won't unlock 10th levels spells until fairly late into ToB.

IIRC easiest way to gain xp in ToB was to give magic bow that didn't use arrows to one character set his AI to aggresive and put him on walls of Saradush and let him kill autorespawning fire giants.
>>
File: Waifu brigade.jpg (2MB, 2000x706px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu brigade.jpg
2MB, 2000x706px
>>384994941
>so many custom party members
How do you have enough spots for the waifus?
>>
>>384995454
I don't think you can fuck imoen without mods
>>
File: 202.jpg (306KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
202.jpg
306KB, 1280x960px
>>384995454
IDK, I have Minsc.
>>
File: 1482348122840.jpg (132KB, 960x896px) Image search: [Google]
1482348122840.jpg
132KB, 960x896px
>mfw cleric/ranger is fun as fuck even though it sounds retarded
why was BG2 so good bros?
>>
>>384995454
BG waifus are so bad with the exception of Hexxat

C'mon anon get some taste.
>>
File: 1489938984862.png (256KB, 324x381px) Image search: [Google]
1489938984862.png
256KB, 324x381px
stop multiclassing
>>
>>384995228
I may drop the cleric/mage for a sorcerer now that I cleric spells are outclassed big time
>>
>>384995454
I`m editing everyones class, my party is MC, mazzy, cernd and aerie
>>
File: Imoen Aerie banter.png (386KB, 1390x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Imoen Aerie banter.png
386KB, 1390x1140px
>>384995725
That might be true, but you should always take your imouto adventuring with you!

>>384995756
>Minsc
Acceptable. These days I always end up dropping him in ToB, though.
>>
File: 1479315373784-0.jpg (28KB, 490x404px) Image search: [Google]
1479315373784-0.jpg
28KB, 490x404px
>>384996193
> dropping him in ToB, though
You replace him with Sarevok. Aren't you?
I do it to.
>>
>>384994941

>no kensai/mage
>no pure paladin of helm

it's like watching a movie with the sound off.
>>
Patched Pillars of Eternity is better.
>>
>>384996126
Cleric spells really drop off in usefulness after 5th spell level, especially in relation to a cleric/mage multi- or dual-class.
>>
File: Hexxatqt.png (111KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Hexxatqt.png
111KB, 210x330px
>>384995913
Surely you meant fake Hexxat, right anon?

>>384996000
>posts balance man
>balance man's next game includes multiclassing
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>384994941
>Your team has three multiclass characters
>wondering why your Cleric/Mage is advancing slowly
Your XP is split eight ways, so yeah.
>>384996362
>what is Harm
>what are Spell Sequencers packed full of Cleric spells
>what is Summon Deva
>what is Blade Barrier
>what is Wondrous Recall
>what is Aerial Servant
>what is Sunray
>what is Regeneration
>what is Archon's Shield
>what is Earthquake
>>
>>384996701
Everything a cleric can at high-level a mage can do better. You are better off dualing a cleric/mage rather than multi.
>>
>>384996336
Fig/thief/mage shits on paladins so hard its not even funny, after all carsomyr is half the reason to roll one
>>
>>384996169
>Mazzy
>Cernd
Why?
Also, Aerie can be a fantastic caster since she gets both Cleric and Mage spells. Assuming you're using elven chain, give her the Robe of Vecna.

>>384996265
>You replace him with Sarevok. Aren't you?
Yeah. It's a shame to drop him after so much adventuring together, especially since he's got such a great ending, but I can't resist the interaction with Sarevok. At least Minsc gets to chill around my cool pocket dimension.
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>384996950
>everything a Cleric can at high level a mage can do better
Yeah, nah. Blade Barrier and Harm alone are worth their slot; clerics also have generally better summons.
And besides, the point of Cleric/Mage is their versatility and a fuckton of spellslots.
>>
>>384996701
I dont give a fuck about spells for my triple class, he only needs breach, mirror image and stoneskin
>>
>>384997040
Blade Barrier is not party-friendly, hits once per turn and can be negated by spell resistance or a save.

Harm require you to make a to-hit roll, which are rather low with the cleric's thac0 when multi'd.
>>
>>384997007
Mazzy is a pretty good character. Very versatile. You can make her your designated bow-wielder and/or a dualwielder. If you get her early, you can actually just ditch whatever she had and have her focus any weapon kind you want. You can make her a Halberdier for those delicious ToB weapons all you want. Mazzy also has shorty saving throws. All in all, she is a solid fighter.
Cernd is kinda less justifiable because he kinda sucks (and has the worst Druid kit of them all, barring Ease of Use), but Nature's Beauty, Iron Skin and summoning Elemental Princes makes him almost okay. Though really, no BG2 NPC is bad. At least pure stat-wise.
>>
>>384997158
>Blade Barrier is not party-friendly
Which is why you control your party to not stand next to your Barriered tank. Plus it has a wonderful synergy with shit like Rat Form from the Cloak. Really, when Blade Barrier is involved, many encounters can be solved by just letting in an impervious dude into a room and having the enemies kill themselves on him while rest of party plays poker outside.

As for Harm, there's plenty of ways to increase a Cleric's THAC0. It's one of the easiest classes to effortlessly get 25 STR and it has a fuckton of self-buffs to help in that avenue. On top of all the debuffs that you can apply on the enemy to, in turn, make them easier to hit.
>>
>>384997174
No, no, I agree with you entirely... I'm just perplexed as to why, if anon was editing his saves to give his companions custom classes, he'd choose those two of everyone in the game. Especially Cernd.
>>
>>384997339
>As for Harm, there's plenty of ways to increase a Cleric's THAC0. It's one of the easiest classes to effortlessly get 25 STR and it has a fuckton of self-buffs to help in that avenue. On top of all the debuffs that you can apply on the enemy to, in turn, make them easier to hit.
But the cleric gets access to most of those buffs and debuffs at levels lower than 5th spell level. And needing to cast so many spells to just make a single spell work is hardly worthwhile, even if it is harm.
>>
>>384997645
>And needing to cast so many spells to just make a single spell work is hardly worthwhile
Cleric/mage in a nutshell
>>
>>384996467
>balance man's next game includes multiclassing
he already warned people that it will be severely un-fun, and that multiclass characters will be profoundly gimped

he hates fun
>>
>>384997475
I`ve never used them and wanted to give them a try to check their quests and banter.
>>
>>384995725
She is there to watch while you fuck other girls
>>
>>384997846
Hes`s aiming for multiclasses to perform at about 75/85% the power of a single class
Its going to be broken once you factor in posible synergies like carnage or sneak attacks increasing focus generation
>>
>>384998131
If one level of Barb gives your carnage and frenzy it'll be broken as fuck
>>
>playing tactics mod for first time
>ambushed by cowled assassin wizards
>cast invisibility because holy shit what the fuck gotta get outta here
>another cowled wizard dimension doors in
>starts a conversation with me breaking invisibility
>bitches about me casting magic without a license
>dimension doors out
>what a dick
>run into adventurers emporium
>cast protection from magic, spell turning, improved haste and black blade of disaster
>Go back outside to fuck these niggers up
>one casts ruby ray of reversal to take down my barriers
>another casts spellstrike to dispel my shit
>the third one casts imprisonment
>game over

And that's when I uninstalled that piece of shit mod
>>
>>384998234
Pretty much all difficulty mods are pieces of shits.
>>
>>384997909
Fair enough, anon! Smart way of doing it, too - I pretty much always play with the same part compositions now.
>>
>>384998234
>IA mods to avoid cheese tactics!
>You ended up cheesing in another way to win

Those mods are a waste of time
>>
>>384998234
BG2 difficulty is pretty bad, you either stomp everything in the first 2 rounds or die slowly
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.