[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really gets the neurons firing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 17

File: 419J9D4VAFL.jpg (174KB, 1405x512px) Image search: [Google]
419J9D4VAFL.jpg
174KB, 1405x512px
Really gets the neurons firing
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (21KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
21KB, 192x171px
>>384991539
I really wonder how people can even like Nintendo at this point. It must be so painful.
>>
>>384991736
>I cant like nintendo because talking to children in online games is a hassle

I'm glad I dont suffer from brain damage this severe
>>
>>384991789
I'm more inclined to steer clear of Nintendo because they think overpriced gimmicky outdated hardware with no backwards compatibility = innovation
>>
>>384992019
When did they say that those two things equal innovation? Where exactly?
Better yet, why the fuck should I care who callsnwhat innovation. Who the fuck cares?

I care about video games being fun. It's that simple.
>>
>>384992215
I also like fun videogames. In fact I play fun videogames without paying €300 for 900p/30FPS videogames on a console whose shitty dock is going scratch the screen that already has dead pixels on it straight out of the box :^)
>>
>>384992374
>€

stopped reading there.
>>
>>384993382
Nice comeback, friendo. Keep taking Ninty's dick up your ass.
>>
>>384992215
Fun vidya on switch:

- botw (port)
>>
>>384992215
>I eat Miyamoto's shit and by golly I like it. It tastes good I swear!
>>
>>384992374
Hope you don't buy any electronic with a screen then
>>
>>384993573
>dead pixels are a FEATURE
>>
Oh look, it's the one of twelve hourly anti-Nintendo threads.
>>
>>384993590
I never said that though. But dead pixels are found in many screens regardless of the manufacturer or company. In fact they are so common one or two for most companies don't allow you for a full screen replacement
>>
>>384993559
>th-the games are shit anyway!
KEK
>>
>>384993687
>the games are all full price WiiU ports because it has no backwards compatibility
>>
>responding seriously to this pathetic garbage
Report and move on.
>>
>>384993729
>the games are ports anyway!
KEK
>>
>>384993729
I hope you bought an xbone anon. We got to support backwards compatibility together
>>
>>384993769
Report it for what you fucking retard? It's a fair comparison. Consoles were doing voice chat properly 15 fucking years ago and Nintendo requires this amount of convoluted bullshit and a smartphone to be on at all times to achieve the same level of basic functionality
>>
File: switchvoice.png (18KB, 899x712px) Image search: [Google]
switchvoice.png
18KB, 899x712px
This is better. It's pathetic that it needs to be done, but it works.
>>
>>384993645
Actually I want to know. Why are dead pixels so common among electronics?
>>
>>384993414
Keep writing fanboy fanfiction over how assmad you are. I'll be here enjoying fin exclusives on all platforms.
>>
>>384991736
>Fuck you Nintendo for making something I would never use so fucking shit!
actually I don´t care, the only game I care about online would be mk8 and pokemon.
>>
After playing all of the good wii u games (all 3 of them) on my pc using cemu, I started to wonder what the fuck is the point of Nintendo hardware anymore. There is nothing good about their hardware, and by that I mean both the console itself and the shitty controllers. Let's assume I want to play Mario Kart 8, I would have to buy a shitty portable switch, have to deal with a controller for ants, and also shitty 1080p, on the other hand on pc I have 4k and the option to use any controller I want without having to deal with Nintendo shit hardware, and then on pc if I wanted to play online I wouldn't have to deal with Nintendo's dogshit paid online and this clusterfuck to have chat.

So remind, why do we need nintendo to not go third party again? What's the point of their shit hardware again?
>>
>>384991789
>admits only children play Nintendo
>admits having no friends

Kek.
>>
>>384992374

The Switch has the highest percentage of games that run at 60fps out of any current gen console. So fuck off with that 900p/30fps BOTW meme.
>>
>>384993971
Because they are the only one catering to the portable market and I don't want it to die

Also more competition is good
>>
>>384993957
>anything I don't like hearing = fanfiction

Make sure you purchase an officially licensed Nintendo Switch™ replacement dock and Pro Controller™ to complete your Nintendo experience, my friend. All for the low price of $150
>>
>>384994029
wdytwa.jpg
>>
>>384993971
Wait a moment have you tried the joycons? If you hold them vertically it feels better than usual controllers as your hands can fully wrap around the controller
>>
>>384994030
So fucking false. Ps4 has the most by far.

http://www.videogamerplus.com/2014/09/60-fps-native-1080p-ps4-games-list.html?m=1

inb4 they don't count
>>
>>384994067
You literally wrote fanfiction about me up there. That's how flustered nintendo gets you. Take a second to think about that, honey. :^)

Good night.
>>
>>384993920
You still need the phone to make parties even if you don't use it for voice chat.
Unless you don't mind playing in completely separate games from your friends.
>>
>>384991539
Repeat after me..

It's okay if Nintendo does it

And again, say it with me..

It's okay if Nintendo does it

And one more time so it's very clear..

It's okay if Nintendo does it!!!!!

Yayyyyy. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with these people
>>
>>384991539

Even with all the anti-nintendo/switch stuff recently WHY THE FUCK DO I WANT A SWITCH SO BAD???

I think it's mainly to play BTOW.
Should i get a second hand wii U to play it or should i just get the switch /v/?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc&

Greatest video of all time
>>
>>384994127
>percentage
You see that? You read that?
>>
>>384994050
portable market is just becoming the phone-game market and there is nothing Nintendo or anyone else can do to stop it
>>
>>384994030
both xbone and ps4 has signifcantly more games running like that
but in regards to switch it's no accomplishment when all those games have ps2 graphics
>>
>>384994050
Are you so autistic you can't drop your video games even when you're outside? Can't you actually behave like a regular human bean outside, you know, having conversations or listening to music or checking out some news on your phone? How can you even concentrate on the games when you're outside?

Portable consoles need to fucking die, they're the worst way to play vidya.
>>
>>384994194
I don't know at least they didn't type up this wall of autism

>>384994206
Emulate you dumb shit. Wait for a discount before you get any console

>>384994227
Fuck this, I don't want shitty touchscreen. If no one's trying then I don't want them to go third party because I fucking hate """gaming""" on a phone
>>
>>384994167

Really?
I'd rather buy a preowned Wii u with the first Splatoon at this rate.
>>
>>384994194
>>It's okay if Nintendo does it
>People still desperately clinging to this when /v/'s been so incredibly fucking harsh against Nintendo this entire time
>>
>>384994127
Oh right. I guess you win then, 3 out of the grand total of 5 games available on switch are indeed 60fps. Too bad the only worthwhile one, Zelda, is not, and not even stable 30 at that.
>>
>>384994278
I'm not the one autistic enough to dismiss any other view point contrary to my own and enforce my feelings as fact

And I don't wish for what others like to die simply because I don't like that

Besides portability is not just for outside play. It's more convenient to play inside as well
>>
File: voice chat.jpg (2MB, 3000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
voice chat.jpg
2MB, 3000x6000px
>>384991539
It's actually worse than that.
OG Xbox hsa BETTER voice chat
>>
>>384994206
>should I buy a shitty overpriced gimmicky console just to play a single game with a slight resolution bump just to play the same game that's essentially the same at half the price /v/?
>>
>>384994278
I can't believe /v/ is this blind to the true benefit of portable gaming. It's pick up and play even in your own house. Taking it outside is secondary. Plus it's much easier to bring it to a friend's house to play co-op games
>>
>>384994367
I like that cartoon in the middle left
>>
>>384994425
You can't believe incredibly blatant shitposters act like idiots for replies?
>>
>>384994167
You only need the phone for private matches, you can just join a friends game from the menu. Only thing I use the app for is ordering splatnet clothes.
>>
>>384994391
>Wii U
>not shitty overpriced gimmicky console
Anon??

It's even worse than the switch. The gamepad isn't even truly portable
>>
>caring about voice chat

get real friends
>>
>>384994479
hummm Anon... how would you talk to your real friends online?

I always love how Nintendo cock suckers like you pretent voice chat is only used for random lobbies, whhen 99% of the time you use it with your firends in a private party.
>>
>>384994454
The splatnet app is actually pretty cool. The voice chat is shit though
>>
>>384994578
Discord. Free and easy to set up. I even use discord for my PC games
>>
>>384994425
I don't give a shit about portable gaming with a console, neither do most regular people. I play vidya on a TV or a monitor. All Nintendo had to do was stop the gimmicky shit in a desperate attempt to differentiate themselves from MS or Sony and make another Gamecube instead of pouring all of their resources into those horrible joycons or that awful marketing depicting scenarios where people bring their Switch to sports games or house parties, which literally never fucking happens
>>
>>384994356
Inside? Why would I ever want to torture myself with a disgusting 720p plastic screen when I have a 4k ips monitor in my room?

I guess you are indeed autistic as fuck after all.
>>
>>384994659
>This much text for crying over fucking nothing
>>
>>384994425
I sincerely give zero fucks. Give me a non-portable version with a price-drop and then Nintendo can have my money.
>>
>>384994659
>most regular people
Source?
>literally never happens
Source?

>>384994691
You have your PC on and ready at all times? You don't use it for anything else?
>>
>>384994716
>I have nothing relevant to add to the discussion, I'd better just say he's crying

I'd be crying if I bought the piece of shit that is the Switch for that pricepoint.
>>
>>384994691
Anon you are the autistic one if your PC only for gaming.
>>384994727
Then they won't ever have your money, but they get the money of other people.
>>
>>384994645
Know what's even easier to set up? Voice chat in the system you're playing with. You know, cutting out the middle-man.
Man you aren't all that smart, are ya?
There's no fucking way you'd use Discord if Switch had a party system as good as Xbone/PS4. There would simply be no need to use it. Why would you want to fiddle around on your PC or Phone when you can do everything (more easily) on the console you're playing on?
Having a party system on the system instead of a 3rd party solution like Discord or Skype on another device means that you can share screenshots or invite friends or a random person to fill a spot from the console's party chat itself.

Stop sucking nintendo's cock already.
>>
>>384994796
You had nothing relevant to add, basically you are pulling shit out of your ass. I don't even own a switch, but I do own a vita and a 3DS. I'm merely arguing for the benefit of portable gaming, which I personally enjoy, Don't strawman anon, it's not a good look.
>>
>he's been having his tantrum for more than an hour
It's time to stop feeding.
>>
>>384994796
>HANDHELD GAMING SHOULD DIE BECAUSE I ONLY CARE ABOUT CONSOLES
>>
>>384994875
>voice chat on the system you're playing with
>easier
Disagree. Especially since I will often use discord to organize beforehand, and when we jump in the game it's simply more convenient to continue using discord. I don't own any home console by the way, I only have a PC
>>
>>384994884
If I want to indulge in portable gaming I'll use a handheld console like a 3DS or a Vita instead of some Frankenshit hybrid of handheld and console that costs as much as a PS4 Pro with 2 hours of battery life and no games
>>
File: 1499652268533.jpg (89KB, 840x595px) Image search: [Google]
1499652268533.jpg
89KB, 840x595px
>Vita a 6 year old portable device has more features than switch
>>
>>384991539
The simple fact that the virtual console shit isn't BC and you have to re-buy those games if you wanna play them on a different device is making me furious. This is exactly why I wish every Nintendo console to get hacked ASAP.
>>
>>384995041
Actually the switch has a battery life of minimum 2.5hours, which is around the 3DS's minimum of 3 hours. The max of the switch's battery is also higher than that of the 3DS

Now I don't have a switch but I'm eying it because the larger screen and size is a godsend. The problem with portables now are that their size makes my hands cramp. The switch appears to be building a respectable library by the end of next year and I will get it then. If I find a good bundle by black friday I might just grab it early
>>
>>384995041
How the fuck is switch a Frankenstein? It's a handheld with a TV out. Is the PSP a Frankenstein too?
>>
>>384994194
>Repeat after me..
>It's okay if Nintendo does it
Uh? no! everyone has been complaining about ti since the beginning.
>And again, say it with me..
>It's okay if Nintendo does it
Why are saying that in a thread where everyone says it's not okay?
>And one more time so it's very clear..
>It's okay if Nintendo does it!!!!!

Do you live in a different reality? Maybe you accidentally posted in the wrong thread?
>>
>>384995198
>>384995152
>responding to buzzword shitposts
>>
I don't give a fuck about your half assed fanboy apologetic arguments and it's OK when Nintendo does it. We shouldn't have to deal with this fucking nonsense to chat in a game, period. It's fucking retarded and it shouldn't be allowed. The fucking ps4 can voice chat with any headset connected to the fucking controller and output all audio to it too,this o a 45 bucks controller. Why can't Nintendo get with the times?
>>
File: BearGrylls.jpg (98KB, 497x292px) Image search: [Google]
BearGrylls.jpg
98KB, 497x292px
>>384994974
Oh so you live under a rock and have no fucking idea how a Pary system works. Jesus fucking christ, it's been 10 years since its introduction on consoles you know? You should at least know SOMETHING about it.
Seems clear to me that you think it's just a lobby chat per game. The way you say
>to organize beforehand, and when we jump in the game it's simply more convenient to continue using discord
Makes it clear.

Party systems on consoles work just like Discord. They are system-wide. It doesn't matter what your friends are playing or which apps they are using, you can invite them to your party at anytime and you can all talk no matter which games you're playing. You CAN prepare before getting into a game. You CAN still talk if someone gets disconnected from a game or the game crashes - the Party system is 100% independent from the game itself.

Why did you even reply to this thread when you have no idea about the subject? Just to shitpost? Just to blindly defend Nintendo?
>>
>>384995152
>hands cramp
fucking kid icarus uprising. Oh and don't forget eye strain too
>>
>>384994761
>>384994821
Not having your pc on 24/7.
Having such a shit pc that you can only use it for one thing at a time.
I am starting to understand why these nintenfags are so impressed by underpowered hardware and wagglin.
>>
>>384995252
But my friends don't all own a PS4, how will we organize PC-PS4 crossplay then?
>>
>>384995198
>it's a handheld!
>but it costs as much as a PS4 Pro and is marketed as a console differentiated from Nintendo's already established handheld family, the 3DS
>>
I'm not yet sure if I should be mad at this or not, remind me if nintendo has paid online or if they changed their mind eventually.
>>
>>384995270
Holy fuck you don't even know how to greentext. And you sound like a NEET too. Who has their PC on at all times? It's a waste of electricity
>>
>>384995335
Their paid online is coming in a few months time. Based Nintendo
>>
>>384991539
>people are unironically defending this
>y-you wouldn't even use it anyway
I thought the fanboy shit was just some dumb joke for so long, but this is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>384995207
It's meant for those people in the thread who keep claiming the switch seems to be a flawless superior system

Such as
>>384994150
>>
>>384995270
>Not having your pc on 24/7.
Not him but fuck you, it's so obvious your parents pay the electric bill. If you actually paid for electricity yourself you'd never do that.

Fucking underages, gtfo.
>>
>>384995321
>costs
Okay? I didn't know cost differentiated consoles from handhelds
>marketed as a console
It still is a handheld though. Since when are you believing Nintendo's bullshit?
>differentiated from
The DS family is also differentiated from the GB line. It's still a handheld
>>
>>384995409
but he said nothing of the sort? he's just saying what you are saying does not apply to him.
>>
>>384995321
The vita with 3G that I got cost as much as a PS4. It's still a handheld
>>
>>384995316
In that case, instead of using the superior Party system you have to go a step down and use a worse solution like Discord.
Although there's literally only 1 game with crossplay where you need to chat (FinalFantasyXIV), and I highly doubt you have PC+PS4 players on your groupd of friends playing it together.

Outside of that ONE game I don't see where your hypothetical scenario would apply.
>>
>>384995364
>>384995415
>But muh extra 5 bux a month to keep my computer turned on, how will I buy more DLC figures with such high costs?
>>
>>384995523
>highly doubt
But I do, and that's the only game we play these days.

I should convince them to try something else
>>
>>384995518
You mean at launch it cost as much as a base PS4 does at today's prices?
>>
File: 1500254537150.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500254537150.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>384994029
>admits only children play Nintendo
Its like this on every single platform you shitposter.
I cant enjoy myself anywhere without some faggot kid on the mic screaming that i stole his kill or that he was a friendly.
>>
>>384995551
Why are you projecting so hard. I don't even buy amiibo. But you are wasting your electricity, plain and simple. Also you are reducing the lifespan of your computer.
>>
Are people still pretending that ARMS is good or have they moved on to shilling the stand alone splatoon dlc?
>>
>>384995621
Yep. It was 250 USD I think. PS4 recently had an edition that costs the same.

I don't actually regret my purchase though
>>
>>384994761
>You have your PC on and ready at all times? You don't use it for anything else?

My pc takes 10 seconds to turn on from a completely off state, and why does it matter if I'm doing something else? You know pcs can multitask, right?
>>
>>384995676
Maybe they aren't pretending
>>
>>384995593
Well there you go. In that 1 game is the entire world Discord the the better alternative, just because there are PC players mixed in.

Anyway this went waaay offtopic from Nintendo's shittiness so I'll stop here
>>
>>384995409
>It's meant for those people in the thread who keep claiming the switch seems to be a flawless superior system
>>384995409
But no one in this thread has been saying that, not even the person you quoted.
>>
>>384992019
>overpriced gimmicky outdated hardware= innovation

This is every console
>>
>>384995794
Same applies for all xbox-pc crossplayers I'd reckon, discord is popular for a reason
>>
>>384995706
And a PS4 would have cost nearly double that at launch, which is the entire point I was making with dedicated consoles and handhelds being placed in different price brackets.
>>
>>384995642
>b-but what about the trees? Your computer wont last!
I built my last rig in 2007 it lasted fine until last year running 24/7.
>>
>>384995902
But the switch is cheaper than the PS4 at launch?
>>
>>384995676
>Are people still pretending to like [a game i dislike even if i have't played it but this wont stop me from shitposting buzzwords like shovelware at it]
>>
>>384995870
It's popular because of PC gaming (and as a general alternative to Skype). Not because of the 10k players worldwide that actually use cross-play.
>>
>>384994292
Nintendo could just do a new Xperia Play, with up-to-date hardware and a possibility to dock via USB-C like the Switch. Not saying it's perfect, but you can already do it with a 30€ dock and the new Surface Phone will have a full x86 Windows on it.
>>
>>384995049
It's funny because modern Nintendo hardware is designed with core missing elements that you need to buy separately.
It's the hardware equivalent of story integral DLC.

>no battery charger included
>the normal controller is not included, instead, you get the gimmick shit 5% of the games use
>no second analog
And in 2017
>no native voicechat/online lobbying setup

Nintendo knows their fanbase will eat it up and defend it anyway.
>>
>>384995905
>until last year
Was it your monitor? Or your motherboard. Both get ruined by a constant power supply
>>
File: 1452364821895.gif (1MB, 188x163px) Image search: [Google]
1452364821895.gif
1MB, 188x163px
>>384995751
>Maybe some people like wagglin.
>>
>>384995970
The Tegra X1 is a pretty modern mobile chip
>>384995981
Actually the joycon can be used as a normal controller as the grip comes with the console. You don't have to use the gimmick part of it

The joycons also have a second analog stick'

The switch does come with a charger

What are you talking about
>>
>>384995639
Except the fact that every single platform isnt making games specifically for children
>>
>>384995523
>I highly doubt you have PC+PS4 players on your groupd of friends

This is pretty much my friend group
>>
>>384995928
It's still in the same price bracket as a dedicated home console
>>
>>384996037
>wagglin
Try it and see how far you get

>>384996059
>what is knack
>what is ratchet and clank
>>
>>384994029
I talk to my friends in Skype or Discord, shit I even go out and socialise with them
Not wanting to talk to randoms doesn't mean you don't have anyone to talk to.
>>
File: 1500184359932.jpg (38KB, 405x343px) Image search: [Google]
1500184359932.jpg
38KB, 405x343px
>>384996059
They might as well.
Most people on voice chat in supposed mature games are whiney kids
With the occasional chad or nomalfag popping up.
>>
>>384995981
You're so fucking wrong.
Think of Nintendo as a stubborn person. They'll do what they want to do and they won't take any outside opinions/facts into consideration.
Nintendo has a set path all planned out and no consumers or critics will sway them off course.

I just need to get this off my chest. FUCK the switch and fuck Nintendos dumb ass decisions. As a business though, I like them. They make that good paper because they don't take risks and follow their own rules.
>>
>>384996116
Which is...? Who defined it? You?

It's 300 dollardedoos. Cheaper than all current gen consoles at launch
>>
>>384991789
You get brain damage from talking to children in online games.
>>
>>384995981
>>no second analog

This was never a problem with PSP though, and wasn't a problem for the 3DS
>>
>>384996164
>what is 3DS price drop
>>
>>384996116
>A new console is the same price as a console that's been out for almost half a decade

who'da thunk. The Switch is the 4th cheapest console of all time
>>
>>384996252
The Switch is the 4th cheapest console of all time.
And it shows.
>>
>>384995198
The more sensible setup, if Nintendo wasn't out to nickle and dime you in every possible way:

>Box containss a base portable unit, just like the 3DS/PSP/vita, sold at the handheld price, with handheld-relevant setup
>home docking is an accessory that merely increases internal resolution; possible premium option that adds horsepower for increased performance
Here we go.
This way, nobody wastes money on anything. You get exactly what you want and can upgrade at any time if you need it later. You aren't stuck with the dogshit mini controllers either. That would also be an option to purchase for those with low IQ.

But, we know that bundling inane shit for everyone makes 1% more money, so you're stuck with an inefficient piece of shit that struggles to be both handheld and home because of it for the next 8 years.

It's fundamentally the same thing that plagued the 3DS and WiiU:
>stuck with performance/resolution cut in half for a forced implementation of a gimmick that literally nobody uses, and was also absolutely shit in its first iteration, phasing in and out of the effect at the slight tilt of the head, for a goddamn handheld
>stuck with paying +120$ out of the box for a shitty tablet-controller when a total of 3 games used it in any relevant fashion
>>
>>384996170
It's 300 because it's literally a handheld being advertised as a console.
>>384996219
Idk? What do you mean?
The 3ds has had like 4 iterations over the years. Instead of that, they should've released the switch as a 3ds successor instead.
>>
>>384996252
>The PS3 was 600 bucks at launch
What were they thinking?
>>
>>384996170
>Cheaper than all current gen consoles at launch
>current gen consoles

Glad you're finally getting the message and grouping it in with current generation consoles
>>
>>384996327
Well, shit like that happens when you come from an industry dominating platform like the PS2.

Nintendo did the same with the 3DS and got burned hard.
First price cut like half a year after launch.
>>
>>384996327
Bluray baby. I still use my ps3 as a bluray player. The ps3 was actually worth it. Although I got mine for 400, I wouldn't have minded paying the 600. Out of the 3 consoles that gen, I preferred the ps3.
>>
>>384996317
>dogshit mini controllers
But you are. Because are you bundling it with a pro controller? That's not a handheld set up at all. Do you even know how the switch works? In handheld mode the controllers latch to the side, making it literally the same as the vita in terms of controls

Also home docking does only increase internal resolution? Have you not been keeping up to any switch games at all? All of them only have a resolution bump on the home console

Do you even know what you are talking about?
>>
>>384996317
huh do you even know what a switch is. The perfomance is literally not affected and is sometimes better in portable mode. Only difference is resolution. And the mini controllers are the detachable sides of a handheld, and they aren't actually small if you hold them vertically
>>
>>384996164
A stubborn person who convenientely only does dumb shit for massive profit chances only, for example, charging $4 for NES roms.

>haha, they're just old-fashioned!
Crazy, they seem to be catching quite up to speed with the DLC cancer and skylanders cancer when it benefits them directly, though! It's just the consumer experience part that they seem to be "stubborn" with.

Almost the exact definition of a company that's out to exploit its fanbase. You tried.
>>
File: ps3-boomerand.jpg (19KB, 522x392px) Image search: [Google]
ps3-boomerand.jpg
19KB, 522x392px
>>384996327
>full PS2 inside
>bluray
>industry leader so thought they could do what they want

the real question is what were they thinking with this piece of shit
>>
>>384996317
What are you even babbling about. You make literally no sense.

The switch is literally what you are talking about, what the fuck
>>
>>384996317
So...what you want is a switch that is not bundled with a dock. I see I see.
>>
>>384996317
>Box containss a base portable unit
>dock
>charger
>controllers
>controller attachments
>hdmi cable

That's a bit more than the base handheld unit
>>
>>384996562
>the real question is what were they thinking with this piece of shit

"Oh shit, Nintendo is innovative, if not revolutionary. The people love their stupid shit. We need to do something stupid as well."
They succeeded with that. Too bad the people didn't love Sony's stupid shit.
>>
File: 1478574731519.jpg (24KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1478574731519.jpg
24KB, 500x384px
>>384996562
>industry leader so thought they could do what they want
I guess that could explain why the Wii burned them so hard.
This also explains Wii U.
I dunno why they keep doing it it just keeps happening.
>>
>>384996053
>20nm
>Maxwell
That's literally 2015 dieshrink of 2014 technology
>>
>>384996529
I have no idea what kind of sarcasm you're trying to pull but I said I liked them as a business. As for their relationship with the consumers, it's pretty bad. I'm not too sure if it's as bad as Microsoft though. I didn't have that great of a time on my 360.
Still, Nintendo rakes in a lot in profit and that's what I like them for only. Sony has the best consumer relation by far since the ps3. If you can somehow refute that I'd be surprised.
>>
>>384996703
Old japanese men will literally never admit they are wrong about anything. They would rather ruin a business than ever admit they screwed up.
>>
>>384996703
>I dunno why they keep doing it it just keeps happening.

Humans are humans. We are prone to repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
>>
Perfect example of a retarded Nintendo gimmick. The removable controllers on the switch. So far they are only used by 1 2 switch and wagglin ARMS. They should never have made them removable but they did it anyway because they still want to recapture the success of the wii an so have become obsessed with finding new ways to waggle.
>>
>>>384996445
>In handheld mode the controllers latch to the side, making it literally the same as the vita in terms of controls
Except they are of substantially inferior quality and that's partly because they are detatchable. The fake d-pad is a good example as a pathetic excuse for what you call "standard controller". Because of a shit gimmick nobody gives a shit about, that will be realistically used for 3 games, once again.

>>384996515
>The perfomance is literally not affected and is sometimes better in portable mode.

>Only difference is resolution.

Good job, you told yourself you're a fucking retard in the following sentence. Not only are you somehow forced to choose between framerate and resolution, instead of having the choice (most notably, high framerate for the home setup).
This becomes tricky because the dock is not its own home portion, hardware-wise. The Small console has all the horsepower.
You have shit optimization just like you yourself pointed out, whilst stating it doesn't have issues.

Remember BOTW, and how it somehow has highest framerate in portable mode? Yep, it's a byproduct of not having an actual dock designed to make the Switch a home system. It's a tacked on gimmick and you're stuck with an inefficient inbetween, a compromise rather than a full-blown feature, as I already wrote above.

If Nintendo gave you the option to buy them separately, you'd spend overall slightly less for better home/handheld duality efficiency for the hardware specs it has. But that means some users may not buy the full bundle, so you got yourself a shittier system for the same specs-point for the sake of mass-bundle packaging. Be thankful for Nintendo for that.

If that wasn't clear enough the first, or second time, now I carefully pointed out why you're retarded for defending the hardware setup of the NS a third time. Hopefully it's enough now.
>>
It should be,
Switch with permanently attached controllers and proper d-pad for $250. Then a separate dock + pro controller bundle for $100. But Nintendo just has to have wagglin.
>>
>>384997046
You still make 0 sense. Why would the controllers be any different in quality if they are not detachable?

Also shit optimization? For what? The handheld? Or the console? If the home console why would this change at all? They are still optimizing for handheld first of all

And what makes you think the dock will be any different without a switch to accompany it? It will most likely be the same

You literally make no sense as to why those changes will occur. The only thing that sort of makes sense is the DPad matter
>>
>>384997202
You really think detachable controllers are expensive? Why would they not have detachable controllers even in the 250 bundle?
>>
>>384997046
Where's the evidence for any of your statements
>>
>>384997046
How is the portable switch worse than it could be. I don't get it. The detachable controllers will still exist in a handheld set up due to tabletop mode

Also the detachable joycons are utilized seperately in many indie game and used together in every single game
>>
File: AkibaWhy.gif (1017KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
AkibaWhy.gif
1017KB, 500x281px
>>384991539
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
File: activatedalmond.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
activatedalmond.png
56KB, 209x248px
Nintendies in full white knight mode yet again
>>
>>384997743
>Do you really think separate Bluetooth units + separate batteries + mounting brackets + slip on l and r buttons + extra molds and mfg processes are expensive?
Yes.
>>
>>384998241
Anon they cost $20 in manufacturing maximum. totally doable in $250 dollars
>>
>>384991539
does no one put their phone in their pocket?
>>
>>384997703
They scrapped the d pad so each controller would have 4 face buttons.
>>
>>384998241
>he actually thinks those are expensive
>he wants his battery to be sapped even faster by the controllers
?
>>
>>384998305
I acknowledged that as the only sensible point you made in your entire post.

Am I right to say you want a Switch but without a dock bundled and a proper dpad? I suspect Nintendo will put that out next year or so
>>
>>384998285
But they are a useless gimmick that will only ever be used for 3 or 4 games.
>>384998331
If the switch was one piece they could have just put a bigger battery in it.
>>
>>384991736
They've literally done this since Gamecube and N64 days.

Anyone remember Crystal Chronicles?

>each one of your friends needs an adapter and GBA to play multiplayer despite not even needing the GBA for any of the gameplay
>>
>>384998397
They can't. The internals are still needed for the controllers. They can't expand the size at all

and they can be used in every single game. Just not all of them support horizontal joy con. But vertical detached joycons are supported with every game
>>
File: Nintendo-Switch-Internals.jpg (97KB, 542x388px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Switch-Internals.jpg
97KB, 542x388px
>>384998397
That's not how electronics work. There is no space for expansion of battery as it is
>>
File: 1344658181600.jpg (6KB, 215x204px) Image search: [Google]
1344658181600.jpg
6KB, 215x204px
>>384991539
>joycons are advanced
>voicechat is 90s tier architecture

Nintendo must really want to double dip with a new switch that has all this built in in the future.
>>
>>384998645
Never had to do that shit in the 90s just plug your mic into the proper port and it was good to go.
>>
>>384998713
That's even worse. This is "80s" tier shit.
>>
>>384998432

Yeah, while were on that topic

The fuck was their idea with Four Swords? GOAT Zelda game but it did not need a GBA for everyone.
>>
>>384998584
There would be if the joycons were part of the unit and not removable for wagglin purposes.
>>
>>384998751
Didn't have any of that shit in the 80s, not for PC and if it were it was extremely and I mean EXTREMELY niche, like hooking a radio up and whistling into telephones niche.

This is uniquely modern mobile-pandering gearbox-partnering Nintendo crap.
>>
>>384998882
Where? Seriously where?
>>
lol.......

seriously what the fuck
>>
Who the fuck uses in-game voice anyway? I get it though, it's not about that, it's about bitching about literally everything ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>384991539
>discord symbol posted around hub
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>384998897
>gearbox-partnering
Last time they tried it fell apart
>>
>>384999085
>I DIDN'T WANT WANT IT ANYWAY
>>
>>384998925
Do you think the 3ds only has internals under the screens and not where the buttons are?
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.