[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are people on this board who haven't played this gem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: pirates.png (444KB, 585x428px) Image search: [Google]
pirates.png
444KB, 585x428px
>>
>>384985284
i played it
on ios
>>
best pirate game out at the moment.
haven't played black wake but that's still in early access so it doesn't count.
>>
>>384985284
why has there never been a remaster? Why has there not been one game that's tried to copy it's amazing formula? I would kill for a fucking clone of this
>>
File: Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg (25KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg
25KB, 256x324px

Hell, there are people on this board who weren't even born when this was released.
>>
>>384985284
I played it, found it to be a bit of an unsatisfying Pirate version of Mount and Blade
>>
>>384985284
does anyone know how to get ship of the line?
>>
I've never played a zelda or mario game.
>>
>>384985814
me to
>>
>>384985284
Bullshit, I could believe there being losers who can't dance without flashing lights telling them what to do, but not that
>>
>>384985814
I loved ALttP and hated OoT
>>
>>384985993
>there are people who can't read sword swings without the game holding their hand
>>
>>384985749
gotta play on harder difficulties. wiki says it shows up near endgame but i once happened to run into one almost at the very start of the game on hardest difficulty
>>
>>384985542

Sid Meier doesn't do remakes or remasters of his games. He tends to just rush into his next project. I want a sequel to Sim Golf more than anything, but it was only made as a random idea by Sid Meier, mostly by the Fraxis staff and not him.
>>
is sid meier the hideo kojima of the west?
>>
>>384986081
>there are people who don't just emasculate their opponent's with Rapiers2fast4u
>>
>>384986187
He's more like the Shigeru Miyamoto of the west
>>
>>384986238
how to win

1.ugrade your first ship
2.find Henry Morgan
3.kill him with rapier before you run out of crew
congratulations now you have one of the most powerfull ships in the game Qeen's anne revenge
>>
>>384986187
>put out a masterpiece in the civilization series
>throw curveball pet projects like sim ant

pretty much
>>
File: 1471881702180.jpg (113KB, 428x456px) Image search: [Google]
1471881702180.jpg
113KB, 428x456px
>>384986238
>tfw your character gets too old to dodge lightning fast rapier swings
>then you realize it's about time he retired
>>
File: saddo baru.jpg (44KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
saddo baru.jpg
44KB, 251x231px
>>384985543
Still disappointed Civilization kicked off a series instead of Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>384985284
The only thing that's missing is Character Creation

that would make it 10000/10
>>
>>384985452
>best pirate game out at the moment.

It's certainly the most polished and accessible one. I'd personally go with Age of Pirates 2 + Combined Mod for ultimate experience. Pirates games in general are kinda niche because they're at least part-simulations which puts them off for your average player.
>>
thats what this new ubishit pirate game should have been. they made a moba with ships instead
>>
>>384986893
>ubi
and what did you expect
>>
i always wanted to make a mod that would give player the acces to the whole world
but i have no idea how to mod
>>
i have it in my library and was on a pirate binge (short lived since there's not a lot of pirate shit out there) for awhile maybe a few months ago, but i cannot bring myself to play it. sell this game that i already bought to me
>>
>>384987181
go and play it it's really fun
>>
>>
it was boring
>>
>>384987181
it's an open world set in the caribbean in which the best experience comes when you really get into role-playing.
>>
File: new-horizons_4.gif (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
new-horizons_4.gif
21KB, 640x480px
>>384985452
>best pirate game out at the moment.
>>
>>384985542
Pirates! Literally is a remaster of a DOS era 2D game
>>
>>384987587
is original sid meiers pirates still worth playing ?
>>
>>384986696
Civ was a series before SMAC. Time for a little history lesson.

So first two Civ games were made by Microprose, then when Sid and Brian (along with many other Civ devs) left to make their own company, Firaxis, and wanted to make a new Civ game but there was a legal battle regarding who owns the Civilization IP.

Due to their inability to use the Civ IP they ended up making a Civ like game but with a new IP. This was Alpha Centauri. It was always intended to be part of the Civilization series they just couldn't do it legally.

However, due to being a new fledging company they had financing issues so part of the publishing agreement with SMACs Publisher meant that the publisher owns part of the IP. That publisher was EA, which still holds part of the SMAC copyrights. Which is why Fraxis (Owned by take-two, a publisher) couldn't make a Alpha Centauri sequel/reboot but instead did a "spiritual successor" in the form of Beyond Earth. Firaxis stated several times that they are interested in making a sequel but cant due to copyright issues.
>>
>>384987832
nah, except for the aesthetics it's actually all the same game.
the remake's obviously a lot more polished.
>>
>>384985452
>best pirate game
>not puzzle pirates
>>
>>384986187
I wish he'd still put out small time meme games like SimAnt and SimEarth

Also anyone ITT should try some of his older games which are fantastic
Like Red Storm rising (the best submarine game period)
And Sword of the Samurai (2D mount &a blade in Japan)
>>
>>384987837

So what you're saying is that there's yet another reason why EA is literally the worst thing in gaming
>>
>>384986068
Is this arin hanson, don't you have to be a unfunny tranny somewhere else?
>>
File: 364.png (3KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
364.png
3KB, 448x357px
Here's how I came across the game long ago by complete accident and pure idiocy
>be a wee lad in the country of who-land, barely knowing english
>me and my father unknowingly get a copy of secret of the monkey island off a massive games bundle
>both of us love the game but have no clue what the shit is going on
>lose the disc to time and moving shenanigans
>one day at a games store, see sid meier's pirates
>dad assumes "it's that pirate game we used to play!" because we both know jack squat of english and SotMI's plot was a mistery to us
>go home, install the game (which thankfully was in who-ese), realize it's not monkey island, sigh profusely
>eventually start picking up the game again
>realize it's the best damn pirate game ever created

Mistakes into miracles
>>
>>384987837
Intellectual property laws are such a massive mess
I wish hey would get sorted out but it will never ever happen
It's insane that companies can sit on a copyright forever basically and do nothing with it
There should be squatters rights for ideas
>>
File: 666.jpg (51KB, 394x379px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
51KB, 394x379px
>>384987956
Of course anon, we were born to suffer.
>>
>>384985749
Piss off anyone who isn't Spain, you'll start seeing cities of that nation sending out/receiving "new warships," as in that's how they're labeled. One will eventually be a ship of the line
>>
Civilization is one of the few long running series that has more or less been consistently good

Every installment tries new things, and the devs do a good job at sorting out what works and what doesn't with expansions
>>
Anyone ever tried being a total anarchist pirate and attacking all the nations?
>>
>>384988162
ok so piss of the Dutch or French and wait
i alweys side with England so im not going to piss of them
thanks
>>
>>384987837

>Beyond Earth

Yes the lack of original SMAC IP made them turn in a shit game what a story mark
>>
This game really needs a remake.
Such a good game.
So many ways you could make it better though.
>>
>>384988250

It hasn't been good since Beyond The Sword
>>
>>384988330
Problem with that is if you're just attacking anyone you're gonna end up attacking someone who's the enemy of someone else. In all the stupid amount of hours I've put into this game after becoming duke of all 4 of the nations/beating it as hard as it can be beat I've never once gotten myself into a situation where's everyone was attacking on sight. Even on the highest difficulty.
>>
>>384988330
i did but it's not that easy
you have to rely on those pirates heavens and villages
and there is some problem with that
you can't sell cargo for good price because you are denied acces to big cities
repairs and upgrades of your vessel are not free
recruiting your crew is going to be harder
generally game just gets harder
>>
>>384985749
Do you really want one though?
More nimble ships like sloops can beat the shit out of larger ships easy with a bit of skill.
Only benefit is boarding is easier since you don't need to scattershot them 100 times
>>
>>384988617
i don't know i always liked those large vessels
no matter what i always end up with frigate or large frigate
and i was wandering if it's possible to play efficiently with SOL
>>
>>384988617
This, even on the highest difficulty I had my flagship as a mail runner/war canoe. Catching them on those difficulties sure is a bitch though. Are there people that don't just charge the enemy as soon as a naval battle starts?
>>
I reinstalled this last week but can't play with this keyboard since the game forces numlock
>>
>tfw when someone is talking to you while playing and you accidently sank treasure ship
>>
Why can't port royal be as good as pirates! ?
A reskin gets released every few years
>>
>>384987956
The situation is much more complex than that. EA only owns half of the rights, with Fraxis owning the other half. EA cant make a Alpha Centauri game either because of this fact. this sort of deal basically promises that Either Fraxis cooperates with EA or no game will be made until the copyright expires (or the copyright is sold. but I doubt either side is willing to sell)

The idea behind this deal was that Fraxis has to publish AC games through EA but it all backfired when Firaxis went with Take-Two as their go-to publisher and eventually got bought out by it.

And this illustrates a bigger problem, the developers are completely inept when it comes to copyrights. They temporarily lost and had to fight for the right to Civilization and they willingly sold the rights to AC.

>>384988101
>Intellectual property laws are such a massive mess
yes they are.
>It's insane that companies can sit on a copyright forever basically and do nothing with it
they actually cant. its a huge legal mess but eventually copyrights do expire. unfortunately they cant hold on to it for decades, up to a century and a half (Which might increase since there is always a push by IP owners to prolong it)

>>384988438
I never said that. infact I am thankful they couldn't get the AC rights to that game because it would just shit all over AC.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.