[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with your backlog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: C2_VoHkVQAApWJs.jpg (167KB, 1200x669px) Image search: [Google]
C2_VoHkVQAApWJs.jpg
167KB, 1200x669px
How do you deal with your backlog?
>>
By not having one
>>
>>384977161
My [girlfriend] recently got incredibly pissed at me for having a 35 game backlog, and forbid me to buy new shit or play anything except games off the list.

So I got pussywhipped into dealing with it. Just beat DOOM, I think Far Cry 3 DLC is next on the list.
>>
I don't. That's the point.
It's just a reminder that even if you were a disgusting waste of space NEET with no obligations, you still wouldn't have enough free time to play everything to completion.
>>
>>384977161
By hiding my Monster Hunter cartridges from myself.
>>
Backlog as a concept needs to die. You are not obligated to finish your games if you buy them. You bought them, you can do whatever the hell you like with them.
>>
File: IMG_0983.png (280KB, 372x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0983.png
280KB, 372x539px
>>384977383
>>
>>384977161
By selling it
>>
I finish the games.
>>
>>384977463
If I spent money on them, I feel obliged to play them

Inb4 >buying games
>>
>>384977510
>finishing games
LOL
>>
>>384977463

This. I've had a lot of games that I stopped playing when I stopped having fun with them. It's not a big deal unless you hated the game.
>>
Way I have been doing it lately is basically choosing a small number of games I want to play, and then go through them. If a new release comes out that I was planning on playing, I try to pick shorter games that I know I can get through fairly quickly and not 100+ hour RPGs that eat up time.

I'll usually switch it up if I start to get burnt out on a series or game genre and come back to it later. Like Yakuza, I was playing through the series and got up to 3, and was so burnt out by the time I started 4 that I elected to play other things for awhile.
>>
File: 1458519557872.png (381KB, 539x405px) Image search: [Google]
1458519557872.png
381KB, 539x405px
>>384977161
By having a nicely organised list, and by not seeing it as a backlog
If you look at it as a backlog, you start to worry "Oh, how am I ever gonna get through all of these games?" and beat yourself up for playing something that's not on there
Instead just look at it like a list of all the cool games you'd like to try someday
Let it be a helpful guide that shows you the games you want to play, but don't let it become some strict thing that results in you feeling bad for not going through it or let it ruin the fun of video games for you
>>
A backlog has never really been a problem for me.

If I have two long games, I alternate between them until they're both finished. If they're short, I usually don't stall to beat them. And if they suck, I won't care enough to beat them. I'll just sell them.
>>
by creating a "shit I don't want to play" category in my steam library and putting shit from humble bundles, etc. in there leaving a tidy backlog of things that I actually do want to play
>>
I beat a bunch of short games before I play a long one.
I check How Long To Beat before deciding if I should play a game.
Usually if its longer than 30 hours its a no-go.
I have like 50-60 games in my backlog ready to be played and beaten, can't have games that are too long.
>>
>>384977161
One at a time.
I look at the games I have and go with my gut.
Sometimes I also go by the length of the game, shorter first.
>>
Rename your backlog to "never gonna touch"
>>
>>384977161
>Someone tells me they're bored and have nothing to do
>Can't relate because I have a massive backlog of games, most of which I can sperg on for a good 100 hours or more
>Took me 7 hours from the start of Witcher 3 to the end of my first quest (noonwraith)

How can people get bored in 2017?
>>
>>384977161
Mostly I just ignore it, while playing the same games I've played before and love. Every now and then I try something new.

>>384977463
>You are not obligated to finish your games if you buy them.
True, but I think of my backlog more as games that I've always intended to play, instead of forcing myself to finish games I don't necessarily like.
>>
>>384977161
I don't think about it, I'll play them if I feel like it
It really doesn't matter
>>
>>384977161
I started only playing really really good games in all genres and if there is a game that is hyped in the media while i have a bad feeling about some things in it i just wont buy it.
I recently finished horizon, alundra (again), little nightmares, botw,hollow knight and edit finch
if there are no new excelent games i play old games until better ones are out there. Thats how you have no backlock only playing the actual good games/the one that tickle you.
>>
File: 1495957185619.gif (680KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495957185619.gif
680KB, 500x375px
>>384977161
I slowly work through it a mission at a time. While I buy new games.
>>
>>384977161
I create a wheel and add the top 5 games that I'm most interested in playing. I play and finish whatever it lands on whether it's amazing or absolute shit.
>>
I havent touch my backlog in 13 years
>>
File: .jpg (94KB, 462x378px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
94KB, 462x378px
I pick one game at a time, and don't start another until I finish it.
Sometimes it's kind of difficult because a game will be less engaging than I assumed it would, and I end up playing it for a month.

I play online games to take a break and socialize though, typically I don't care about actually completing those.
>>
>>384980068
More importantly is how the fuck did it take you 7 hours to get to that point?
>>
>>384977161
By adding to it. Next question
>>
>>384977161
By skipping XV and saving 20 hours that could've been spent playing a better game.
>>
>>384982069
I'm enjoy the world of the game. I stop and take in every feature of the terrain. My first playthrough of New Vegas took me 300 hours on 360
>>
>>384981724
That's why you shouldn't limit yourself to just one game
Try limiting yourself to only playing 5 or 10 games at any one time
That way you have some options if you don't feel like playing a specific game
>>
>>384982425
Games still come out faster than I can finish them. I'm done with new consoles (have a decent PC) but my backlog is so fucking massive it's beyond even trying to make a list. I own around 1500 games, not including emulation/romsets.
>>
>>384982841
I can understand how much of a task it would be to make a proper list out of such a big backlog, but I'd say that's even more reason to make one
If you don't, your backlog just becomes this undefined mess, and you don't even know how many games are in it, or what games you actually want to play
It'll also give you the chance to sort through the games you ACTUALLY want to play, while skipping over the ones you don't
>>
>>384983112
I am slowly stopping purchasing new shit. I intend to go through everything. I enjoy modern games less and less. I have plenty of years to chisel away at my game pile.
>>
>>384977161
slowly
>>
Why do you buy so many mediocre games you're not even interested in?
>>
>>384977161
I open the game once in awhile and decide ill play it later then I just repeat.
>>
>>384977161
>How do you deal with your backlog?
by playing video games, i know this is a wacky thing to do since /v/ "plays" games vicariously through meme shouting youtubers instead.
>>
>>384977161
Hahaha, I've got a backlog going all the way back to SNES and Genesis. Maybe I'll finally beat Perfect Dark this year.
>>
>write list of installed games
>go on random.org and put the numbers between 1 and [installed games]
>what comes out, I play it
>if I become bored, I roll again
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.