[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, which one is better, /v/? I like 3 better desu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: mario.png (489KB, 742x626px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
489KB, 742x626px
So, which one is better, /v/?

I like 3 better desu
>>
>>384976872
this is the right answer.
>>
SMW hands down
>>
File: mario3_vs_marioworld3.jpg (1MB, 1100x3200px) Image search: [Google]
mario3_vs_marioworld3.jpg
1MB, 1100x3200px
3 is far better. world is very repetitive and easy
>>
>>384976872
World is along with DOOM and Mario 64 one of the only games that is truly close to perfect
>>
File: 1258373265616.jpg (683KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1258373265616.jpg
683KB, 1600x1200px
3 wins by a hair. If SMW had a longer development cycle it would be the winner.

They introduced a metric ton of new and good mechanics only to under utilize them.

Also it needed more "world"
>>
I always have a better time with SMB3 for some reason. I usually burn out of SMW by the fourth world but SMB3 keeps me engaged and interested more.

I feel like World doesn't have the massive variety in ideas and level design that 3 has, which is more impressive for 3 since the levels are smaller. Dying in World seems like "ugh, here we go again," but dying in 3 doesn't seem to bother me unless it's a game over. I like the art direction in 3 more, it seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the other Mario games especially now.

I don't really like the cape, feels wonky as compared to the more skill-focused and fun to use raccoon suit.

Also AIRSHIPS

>>384977431
This also explains it pretty well.
>>
>>384976872
The secrets in SMW are great but a lot of the level design is related boring compared to SMB3 otherwise.

SMB3 is a lot more fun to me and always has been.
>>
>>384976872
SMB3
Is perfection
I enjoyed world but the stages were too samey and the platforming wasn't as good, plus yoshi and the cape made things too easy
Everything in SMB3 worked together perfectly, the worlds were diverse and had a lot of secrets
And the gameplay was just tight
I've replayed 3 a ton of times and it's always fun, same with 2/lost levels and 1
>>
>>384977431
Saved.
>>
World has a better engine but 3 makes better use of what it is given
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13517682/
>>
which version of 3 des /v/ prefer? all stars makeover edition or the real deal?
>>
>>384981794
I think anyone saying "not all stars makeover" is being contrarian, there's no reason not to play the all-stars version instead. Still, there's nothing wrong with the NES version.
>>
File: 1468881657531.png (2MB, 1442x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1468881657531.png
2MB, 1442x1480px
>>384981934
i actually remember the first time playing SMB3 at my grandpa's house on the NES after already owning the SNES version (my first console/first game)

my grandpa was always buying cool flea market vidya shit for me so i legitimately thought his SMB3 copy was a hack. my older cousin taught me where the whistles were and i thought it was part of the hacked version. i was a stupid kid so i didn't even try to find them on the SNES version until like 5 years later when i had the internet and realized that version of SMB3 is real
>>
>>384981794
NES is the way it was meant to be played.
>>
I prefer 3. I love them both, but SMW is just so much easier. Even without the cape and Yoshi
>>
>>384982362
Nintendo ported the game to SNES with the intention of it being played, no? How is the All-stars version not meant to be played?
>>
>>384982630
The SNES version isn't the original version. SMB3 was designed to be played on the NES.
>>
>>384977431
world has better art style
3 has better gameplay
>>
I used to say 3 was the best to be a contrarian faggot but now that I'm an adult I can say World is the best.
>>
>>384982794
How does the gameplay differ from the NES to the SNES?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.