[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Series You're Burnt Out With?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Whose Line.jpg (38KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
Whose Line.jpg
38KB, 430x300px
Game series you are burnt out with?
>>
Assassin's Creed. Syndicate is my last game. I won't be falling for the kangs meme anytime soon.
>>
Soulsborne
>>
>>384977187
I came to this thread just to post this.
>>
Mario platformers. 2D ones mostly, since they forgot how to really innovate with the design on those 20 years ago.

Pokemon games. Way too repetitive story modes, and then when they change it up with sun and moon they also slowed the game way down by throwing cutscenes at you and trying to get flashy.
>>
I only get sick of things I like when they totally change the formula. That's the only reason I'm not playing Zelda, Call of Duty, etc. right now like I used to play.
>>
Persona.

Tired of the school bullshit, and tired of the intro taking nearly 5 hours to really start going. Would play a new Persona if they drop the school stuff and shorten the long intros.
>>
>>384976751
Pokemon
>>
>>384977187
Lucky for you Miya is hanging up the series at least for a while. Bad way to go hanging your hat with DS3 though. Oh well, maybe in five years we'll get something better.
>>
>>384977365
Long buildup is a jrpg thing and you won't escape it without leaving the genre entirely.
>>
>>384976751

Street Fighter
Souls
All Nintendo platformers
Pokemon
>>
File: 1476281567909.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476281567909.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>384977187
This.

I loved Dark Souls 1, beat it 3 times.
I liked the PvP in Dark Souls 2, but otherwise a pretty shitty sequel.
Dark Souls 3 was okay. After I beat Pontiff I did a little pvp, got bored, then never went back.

Never played Demon Souls or Bloodborne because they're console games, and I'm not a cuckold that pays several hundred dollars on an overpriced mini-computer when I've already got a perfectly good PC. They might be fun, but then again I'm already so sick of the formula I might not even enjoy them anyways.
>>
Street Fighter, Binding of Isaac, Diablo and all of its clones
>>
Street Fighter

I want to be good at at least one of them but I just can't give a shit anymore. The anime games are 10x more exciting even though they're much harder to learn.
>>
Neptunia
I have 59 hours on Rebirth 1 because I actually cared enough to do arena the shit and grinding was actually fun
Rebirth 2 is my most hated game of all time
Rebirth 3 was alright
I'm not buying anymore
>>
>>384977436
Compared to other RPGs, which the buildup is an hour or 2 while Persona is like 5 roughly.
>>
>>384977436
5 hours is actually on the short end for a lot of jrpgs. SMT base series games often take longer than that.
>>
Kingdom Hearts. I'm done with this series after KH3 even if they keep making more games.
>>
>>384976751
That's not how you do Scenes from a Hat REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384977576
I couldn't get past the first game. Once I got to the 4th boss and saw that the combat wasn't getting any better and that all bosses have the same attack patterns, I dropped it completely
>>
>>384977601
Most jrpgs don't even open up for like 5-10 hours.

The best you usually get is a neat hook intro which then immediately slows the fuck down for hours.

I mean, Persona kinda sells itself on story/characters, which takes a lot of setup, so you should have known what you were getting in to.

Try main SMT games, you'll have the same slow start.
>>
>>384976751
I have a love-hate relationship with Diablo-likes, especially the best one at the moment: Path of Exile. I enjoy the mechanically-deep character building and complex loot systems, but the actual gameplay is so boring it's hard to get to end game. It just takes too long, too many clicks, especially because 99% of the game is mindlessly holding down left click to spam your 1 spell or attack.
>>
>>384977827
I played Nocturne and game really got going after an hour which you get out of the hospital.
>>
>>384978354
Go play more of them particularly actual smt mainline games, like iv.
>>
The only game I haven't got burnt out with so far is Dota 2 after 6700 hours to it

No other game has managed to past even 500 hour mark without me losing interest
>>
>>384976751
SMT
Diablo
MMORPGs
FPS of any kind
>>
>>384977365

You get tired of a new game every half a decade? Dayum and I thought I was bad with getting tired of women.
>>
>>384976751
Burnout
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.