[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is this so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

how is this so popular?
>>
>>384976081
Is it anymore? The first 3 were real popular, but I hear that Judgement dropped the ball.

As for your question, they were a more action packed RE4 type game. Which is weird how Gears did that exact concept better than RE5 did. Go play the originals if 4 doesn't do it for you, and remember it was pretty fresh in 07. Now you can probably find dozens of Gears clones on the shelves.
>>
>>384976081
Good advertising.

https://youtu.be/ccWrbGEFgI8
>>
File: 1429754537074.jpg (47KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1429754537074.jpg
47KB, 500x382px
Believe it or not, Xbox games maintain a very healthy online population regardless of what this board likes to think about PC and Sony being on the top. It's honestly impressive and one of the reasons I play on Xbox.

I can even get into a fucking Battleborn or Evolve game in less than 10 minutes on Xbox. Halo 5, Forza, Halo Wars 2, and Gears of War 4 have a very sizable community on Xbox. Even backwards compatibility shit like Civilization Revolution you can find people online. Seriously if you hate watching communities die off, play on Xbox. It's a fact that Xbox and Nintendo fans are some of the most die hard gaming communities out there that just love playing games.
>>
It was an exclusive
>>
I played GoW2 once and it was very dull.
>>
Its easy and has awesome button melee finishing movies like a fighting game

Gears of War Horde and Multiplayer is really fun
>>
>>384976081
It is? I thought it was dead. Does it have true crossplay yet?
>>
>>384976764
>It's a fact that Xbox and Nintendo fans are some of the most die hard gaming communities out there that just love playing games
This is why I like Xbox and Nintendo.
>>
I wouldn't say 4 is that popular.

Also multiplayer has a high skill ceiling
>>
File: 1490367234663.jpg (18KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
1490367234663.jpg
18KB, 367x388px
>>384977765
>Multiplayer has a high skill ceiling

No it doesn't when the game is full of movement delays up the ass and feels as slow as Gears 1 and 2. Gears 4 is a dogshit game that I find to be the worst in the franchise by far, at least Judgement was enjoyable in some ways and had some cools things in it but knowing I said that there's gonna be someone calling this comment "bait" when it's not even close to be called that.
>>
File: gears of war multiplayer.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
gears of war multiplayer.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>384978439
but 1 and 2 weren't slow at all if you gitgud
>>
>>384978439
Judgment was the best Gears game especially for multiplayer.
Gears 4, 3, 2 are fuckin trash.
Can't stand the be all end all of shotguns on that game, nor the bullet sponge or explosive dick riding.
I'm a fan of accuracy though. Torque bow is alright. Maybe.
>>
>>384978561
>ultimate edition
>>
File: ubisoft.png (502KB, 1229x674px) Image search: [Google]
ubisoft.png
502KB, 1229x674px
>>384976764
Yup. Xboners, unlike Sonyfriends, actually buy games. Not always exclusive games but xbox has always had a much higher attach rate than Sony platforms.
>>
>>384976541
Honestly, yeah, that helped. They set the mood well, and the actual characters and stories in the games were solid. I probably avoided playing Judgement and 4 in part because I think 3 ended well, and don't see a real reason to continue the story after that. As far as I'm concerned Marcus grew out and lead a peaceful life afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Te5fcnrUA
>>
>>384976081
The latest update made the gnasher so fucking perfect. I hope they never ((((fix)))) it again. I just sling it around, shoot and get fucking 15+ kills a game. This has never happened before in gears for me. I dont give a fuck what any sonyegro says, gears 4 is fantastic
>>
>>384978561
thats fucking slow
>>
File: spicy meatball.jpg (23KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
spicy meatball.jpg
23KB, 670x503px
>>384978561
>gnasher duels
>>
>>384978561
It's a shame that people thought it was fine that the only viable weapon in the multiplayer was the gnasher.
This showcases pretty much the entire competitive experience.
>hop between cover to close the gap to gib people with the gnasher
>repeat for every game in the series
>>
>>384976081
I play it because it's the only game this gen with splitscreen.
>>
>>384978561
>flipping behind covers at snail pace
>weren't slow at all

console shooters are a joke
>>
>>384976764
L4D1&2 actually have good communities on Xbox and the pc version has literal retards playing.
>>
>>384978561

That is pretty slow compared to other shooters. Plus 90% of the time all anyone uses is the Gnasher, so it's not like there's even good depth to the weapon pool.
>>
It's sad that Gears 4 sucks so bad.
The PC version runs great, but the multiplayer was dead last time I played it and they were starting to implement maps that would divide the community even more.

Also the campaign was a huge shitfest and a step back from what 3 gave us in terms of coop.
>>
File: IMG_-oqjt4m.jpg (222KB, 1080x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-oqjt4m.jpg
222KB, 1080x1070px
I gave up GoW4 after putting 40 hours into it and that's mainly because of the quitting problem especially in Horde mode. At least in GoW3's Horde, I can on average get into a game that goes up to level 25. Additionally, the microtransactions and services system was retarded and the game lacked the atmosphere the trilogy had. The character roster was garbage, especially for the Swarm team.

I mean, the devs behind Gears 4 sure as hell did a much better job at taking over a franchise that wasn't theirs unlike the fuck heads at 343. But the game is just too painfully average and such a downgrade from its predecessors. Gears 4 is like JD while the trilogy is Marcus. Marcus was badass as fuck, had a badass crew that had fantastic personalities and bantering and were so memorable. Meanwhile, JD/Gears 4 will always live in their father's shadow. They're boring, the new characters were also equally boring (you could write Del completely out and it wouldn't have a significant impact on the story. Yeah, he has his moments to contribute to the team, but he's so boring and just another tropey "black best friend" character).

Gears of War 4 and JD wouldn't matter whatsoever if they weren't riding off their predecessors' back.
>>
>>384976081
It's actually good has a nice couch co-op campaign and decent multiplayer if it was on PS4 /v would love it
>>
>>384976081
unlike the Sonybros we play our games Halo 5 and GoW4 always have people playing online
>>
>>384976764
>Ten minutes to get into Battleborn and Evolve

Meanwhile I can get into games in two-year-old MGO in less than ten seconds on PS4.
>>
>>384976764
This
>titanfall dead on ps4, dying on pc
>shit ton of people on xbox

I honestly cant explain this shit
>>
>>384985041
Really? You mean 1 or 2? Cause I've been considering getting Titanfall 2, and if I do, it will be Xbox. No filthy Origin install is touching my PC.
>>
>>384983981
No one plays mgo you lying faggot
>>
>>384985176
More than GOTY contender Evolve on the Bone, it seems.
>>
>>384985165
2, people still play 1, but 2 has a ridiculous amount of people playing it.
Not that its a bad game, it's amazing, its that normally people jump to the newest popular thing.
>>
>>384983981
mgo 3 is fucking shit
>>
>>384986920
Not the point, brosef.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.