[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiro approved meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1500865761388.jpg (77KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500865761388.jpg
77KB, 768x768px
Hiro approved meta thread
>>
fuck off
>>
>>384967832

No

>>384967645
e-celeb containment board
>>
Phone posters read-only.
>>
>>384967645
These threads don't change a thing you faggot
>>
/You/-YouTube and E-Celebs
>>
>>384967645
I have no strong opinions about:
Flags
IDs
e-celebs
>>
>>384967645
>already reached 150* filenames
Just end me now.
>>
We need more console wars, eceleb threads, and the janitors need to stop automatically deleting anything that echos of gamergate.
>>
>>384968298
This would fix not /v/ only but the whole website.
>>
There's too many FF related threads in /v/. Those need to be removed to restore the integrity of the board.
>>
>>384968614
This board hasn't had integrity in years
>>
File: ban nintendo.png (178KB, 1279x465px) Image search: [Google]
ban nintendo.png
178KB, 1279x465px
/v/ is supposed to be a board for videogames enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about Nintendo, a company infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional gamers.

Now, I don't see any threads on /tv/ about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.

On the other hand, Nintendo threads plague /v/ constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average Nintendo fan, which is not and could ever not be a videogames enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore gamers that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /v/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general console warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /v/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to Nintendo, be it games, consoles or IPs. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that Nintendo fans are not welcome on /v/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.
>>
Ban all anime from the website
They ruin our quality threads with their shitty reaction images and horrible games
We have a bigger traffic and we were here first so they need learn their place
>>
Ban everything that isnt anime
>>
Anyone notice a lot of avafags lately?
>>
>>384968751
lol
>>
>>384968751
Is this a copypasta?
>>
>>384968342
They're made by spergs for spergs. That's why every thread is damn near a carbon copy of the last.
>>
>>384968982
I'm a sperg but I don't really care one way or another so long as the "Ban what I don't like" crowd remain powerless.
>>
>>384968982
We need a way to reach the mods. They should at least give setting phone-posters to read-only a try for a week. 90% of them don't post anyway so you won't lose ad revenue for doing it.
>>
>>384967645
threadly reminder that /ec/ e-celebs should be a board because talking about the opinions of people who play video games isn't talking about video games.

>>384968406
thread IDs would be nice, Flags would just be people shitting on South Americans (which would be acceptable)

Instead Janitors will put this on auto-sage just like the rest of the threads this weekend and call it a night.
>>
>>384969291
>We need a way to reach the mods
There are ways. And what makes you think that the mods or the admins give one hot shit about what the vocal spergs on /v/ are screeching about today?
>>
>47 minutes ago
http://desuarchive.org/qa/thread/675371/#677151
>>
>>384968751
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1UrRgJXBteg
>>
>>384967645
I've talked with the mods on the IRC enough times to know they're hopeless dumbasses. There's no hope for /v/.
>>
>>384969291
you could always click feedback at the bottom of the page and send a suggestion. Not saying they read them, but it makes you feel like you're doing something productive.
>>
>autosage

So much for Hiro approved.
>>
>>384969854
can't talk about the problem, that would require you to acknowledge that there is a problem to begin with.
>>
>>384968582
It wouldn't fix anything and you would move on to a different scapegoat.
>>
>>384969461
And canadians. I don't know what exactly went down but after the april fools joke canadians became the pariah en vogue
>>
>>384969975
Amazed they don't just delete the thread and ban whoever posted in it
>>
>>384970127
>I don't know what exactly went down
Turns out when the board has flags enabled the majority of asshats are from certain countries.
>>
File: 1500782701082.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500782701082.gif
2MB, 500x500px
make /v/ family friendly to everyone like phone posters and reddit
>>
>>384968937
of coursh
>>
>>384970221
probably because of >>384969552
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.