[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An Open Letter to Persona 2 Fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: Persona_2_characters.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_2_characters.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I can respect the fact that you think the P2 duology is the best game in the franchise. I can respect your being disappointed in the direction the series has been going in since 3. But I have one question for all of you.

Why does your primary method of letting us know about this involve invading threads about other Persona games and reminding everyone how superior the duology is? Why do I never see dedicated P2 threads on /v/? And from the ones that do exist, why are they always super general and discuss the game as a whole, instead of a single aspect/moment of the story? I want to think that P2 fans are cool people, so why do you do this?
>>
>>384966189
Shut up kid. You'll always be a loser who can't find the will to grow up, always stuck playing games simulating a high school life you never had.
>>
File: persona2hitler.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
persona2hitler.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>384966189
What are you talking about
People only bother saying P2 is best when asked usually
There aren't any P2 threads because the game is old af and nowhere near as popular as 3-5
Heck, most new Persona fans probably don't even know of its existance
>>
>>384966418
You must've missed all the shitflinging when P5 came out
>>
>>384966189
>I want to think that P2 fans are cool people

You're a massive faggot. Stop caring about fanbases. Stop making these trashy threads. You're creating problems out of thin air.
>>
File: 1467552822947.jpg (109KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1467552822947.jpg
109KB, 960x544px
>Why does your primary method of letting us know about this involve invading threads about other Persona games and reminding everyone how superior the duology is?
Why do 90% of Persona threads devolve into waofu shitposting?

>Why do I never see dedicated P2 threads on /v/?
You've only been here a week.

>And from the ones that do exist, why are they always super general and discuss the game as a whole, instead of a single aspect/moment of the story?
It's been discussed to death ever since 2005. Again, you'd know this if you didn't just turn 18 last week.

>I want to think that P2 fans are cool people, so why do you do this?
People can enjoy more than just one game in a franchise. It isn't some exclusive club where you can only like ONE thing and one thing only.
>>
usually us P2fags come in and take control of a thread when people say retarded things like "which of the 3 persona games do you like?"

or they're too fucking underage to play a jrpg from before 2001. Anybody who says the combat system is bad is legitimately underage. The difficulty in Innocent sin is way too easy but other than that the combat system is one of the better PS1 era jrpgs.

If you loved something, and watch people praise the way developers have continued to butcher it, wouldn't you be upset?

I'm tired of watching waifufags steal my series. Lowest common denominator GARBAGE is persona 4.
>>
File: INNOCENT SIN.jpg (35KB, 399x310px) Image search: [Google]
INNOCENT SIN.jpg
35KB, 399x310px
>>384966189
Maya or Lisa, my dudes?
>>
>>384969451

Maya.
>>
>>384967518
>Why do 90% of Persona threads devolve into waofu shitposting?

I won't defend that; it does exist, but P2 has a decent selection of waifus as well. Not saying it needs to devolve to waifu worship, but discussing individual characters and what you like/dislike about them isn't bad thread material. P3fags tend to argue a lot about whether characters like Yukari or Junpei are good/effective characters, but I tend to not see a lot of individual threads dedicated to discussing Maya or Michel, even without waifu pretense.

>You've only been here a week.

I'm definitely not an oldfag, but I've been here about a year, and I've only seen a handful of Persona 2 threads, each of which barely get any replies. If you can point to a fruitful one in the archive, then please feel free to correct me.

>It's been discussed to death ever since 2005. Again, you'd know this if you didn't just turn 18 last week.

Persona 3 and 4 have also been discussed to death in nearly the same timeframe, and they still get a healthy number of dedicated threads that tackle specifics. Also, nice use of ad hominem. Really gets your point across.

>People can enjoy more than just one game in a franchise. It isn't some exclusive club where you can only like ONE thing and one thing only.

I can definitely sympathize, but I see Persona 2 mentioned a lot more in other Persona game threads. Not to mention those examples tend to be used for making another game look bad. I've yet to see someone make a detailed, factual argument for why P2 might do something better than another game. I don't even doubt those arguments do exist; I'm playing Innocent Sin now, and the story and characters are great so far! But I'd love to see someone more intimate with the game make a narrative argument that manages to impress me.
>>
>taking game wars seriously on 4chan
Are you just a massive faggot?
>>
>>384970086
Impress yourself, dickbutt
You are entitled to your own poor judgement if you favor a mute blue haired fag doing literally nothing on an island for nine months until he goes to die in the moon over Nya's wacky rumor romps
>>
>>384969451
Maya's corny positive thinking attitude is too adorable. Ginko was hopelessly friendzoned.
>>
>>384970086
>I've yet to see someone make a detailed, factual argument for why P2 might do something better than another game.

Where the fuck do you think you are anon? You know why this doesn't happen? Because more often than not, the only real reason P3-4 are still getting discussed are waifufags. There's not a lot of room for real discussion in a thread started by some footfag saying Chie has the best soles. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-shit persona thread before 5 came out. And we've got a couple more weeks maybe before all that remains in those is the same sort of shit.
>>
File: ulala.png (333KB, 307x1134px) Image search: [Google]
ulala.png
333KB, 307x1134px
ULALA BEST P2 GIRL
>>
File: IMG_0004.png (18KB, 547x136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.png
18KB, 547x136px
>People complaining about waifufags on 4chan of all places instead of going elsewhere.
>>
>>384966189
In my experience P1/P2 threads turn out to be the best Persona threads on /v/. If you want to actually talk about the series (not just 2 but all of the games) than you've got to wait for the one P2 thread that pops up every couple of months. People who want to talk about the games find there way to the P2 thread, people who just want to waifu post will go elsewhere since P1/P2 aren't exactly as waifu friendly as 3-5. Unfortunately very few of the threads get anywhere but the ones that do end up being real comfy.

>tfw about 2 years or so ago you were kept up until 8am with other anons having comfy conversations about the Persona series.
>>
File: BnpQz-xIAAAsZpc.jpg (66KB, 550x599px) Image search: [Google]
BnpQz-xIAAAsZpc.jpg
66KB, 550x599px
>>384971291
Name a better couple
>>
>>384966398
You just described 99% of the people playing Persona 3-5
>>
>>384971394
i really don't understand their mindset here
>>
>>384971545
Maybe it's just the timing then. I tried making a thread discussing Maya as a character, and it only got like, 3-4 replies. It disappointed me and led to the OP.
>>
File: persona-3-6.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
persona-3-6.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
Who do people think EP is better than IS? Especially since it has the weaker story. It is just because of "muh adult cast"?
>>
>>384972370
It really is hit or miss. The good ones always tend to occur late at night when board activity is lower. Plus the most recent good ones coincided with new stuff coming out, like Winter of Rebirth a couple of years ago and the P5 stream last year.
>>
didnt persona started with P3?
fuck off with this literally who garbage and mustache waifus
>>
>>384966189
Most of us are sad about the direction taken by the series
It's not about bragging, but reminding people how the series were born and what it could have been

There's little to discuss after almost 20 years now so many things have changed, you know
Going the /ksg/ way is not our style
>>
>>384972613
EP's combat required a little thought at least. I prefer IS personally but it almost literally plays itself.
>>
>>384972613
More time invested, I imagine.
Only a little over 50 in IS, whereas EP took nearly 100 hours
Even then, a real completionist will NG+ for the other Nanjo/Eriko route and Lucifer/Satan
But yeah, Katsu and Baofu were more interesting than IS and its Maya is big sis Elle we were all childhood friends right literally who Jun lol
IS hype is from Nyar's Fuhrer LARPing
>>
I love P2, but I really liked P3 and the Slink were sort of a nice way to get to know the characters I liked and even date the girl I liked if I felt like it. I was able to enjoy the the story of P3 alot and the theme of death and life was really well. All of SEES was pretty well written and enjoyed their character development, but a few problems like Ken and Fuuka just being sort of boring and dropping off the face of the planet later.
My real grip was when we got to P4 and they started to go full pandering and all of the character interaction and development just felt bare bones and almost like everyone wasn't just a character, but more like they were their to tell you how great you were and love you for literally everything you do.
>>
I really want to see a remake of P1, P2 and P3 on the P5 engine maybe for some big collector's edition of the game, but sadly the only one of that has a chance of getting that is P3.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.