[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These 2. These 2 games right here. How do you feel about them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

File: sonic adventure 1 and 2.jpg (408KB, 1919x775px) Image search: [Google]
sonic adventure 1 and 2.jpg
408KB, 1919x775px
These 2. These 2 games right here. How do you feel about them?
>>
>>384964242
CAN'T HOLD ONNN MUCHHH LONGERRRR
>>
crap and crappier
>>
They were never good
>>
>>384964242
They made middle school less painful. Thank you.
>>
The only time I ever played them was on the McDonalds Gamecubes
>>
both need of massive overhauls to be good
>>
SA1 introduced or emphasized many problems that still plague the franchise to this day.
SA2 doubled down on or made into features from nearly all of those problems.
At least SA1 has a good soundtrack though, the only good song in SA2 outside of memes is Supporting Me.
>>
>>384964242
1 is good. 2 is less good.

Welcome gentles and ladiesmen is a terrible opener, please drop it dude. Remake or Rebreak is decent but ditch that cringe open.
>>
>>384964242
Prefer SA 2, more streamlined pace due to lack of pointless hubs, story was more engaging, I liked the new characters. The sonic/shadow stages just had better design that made them more fun to replay, the mission structure was a lot more fun to delve into, gave the levels depth.
>>
two bad games but one is miles better than the other

[spoilers]and it isn't the one with a fucking cat fishing you dumb ass nostalgia goggle wearing faggot[/spoilers]
>>
File: YukikoHearingPleasantSounds.png (118KB, 211x257px) Image search: [Google]
YukikoHearingPleasantSounds.png
118KB, 211x257px
>>384964426

>nearly all my N64 experience as a kid was from McDonalds

The machines are still there I bet.
>>
>>384964242
1 > 2 from a gameplay perspective
2 >= 1 from a story perspective
Overall 1 >= 2 for me
>>
>>384964587
>implying fishing was the biggest problem
Amy's part sucked more. She's slow as hell and takes just as long with less levels
>>
>>384964242
Had so much fun with them
recently went back to 1 though and it wasnt as good as it used to be. 2 is still solid
>>
File: 1443910707504.gif (977KB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
1443910707504.gif
977KB, 474x360px
I think I hate them, and I loved them when I was young. I hate how every single character controls, I hate the voice acting, I hate the stupid fucking melodramatic awful stories, I hate the hub world and its stupid fuck puzzles in the first one, I hate how they think more characters are fun but all their gameplay is terrible, I hate how the stages are rarely focused on actual platforming and timing jumps with momentum, I hate how sharp sonic's turns are when the level design doesn't call for it, I hate how they have no art style to speak of and look like visual vomit (even Super mario 64 looks better because of its cartoony look), I hate how both games only have a total of maybe four good levels between the both of them, I hate how its mandatory to play the shit characters when EVERYONE just wants to play as sonic, I hate how Sonic is smug and smiles all the time, giving thumbs ups and shit instead of his genesis attitude, I just hate everything about these games.

I keep replaying them, thinking im missing something or just suck, but I just hate them more and more each time. Im sitting here actually trying to think of things I like and im drawing blanks. In heinsight, I only liked them as a kid because of the music and I thought Sonic was cool but even then the knuckles and e102 omega levels drove me fucking insane.

You know what, fuck these games. Theyre shit. Good music though, but inconsistent with what we had come to expect from Sonic at the time.
>>
>>384964242
Replayed Adventure 1. Significantly worse than I remember. Waiting on a sale to replay Adventure 2.
>>
>>384964242
Sonic Adventure was good for being the first real 3D Sonic game and I think deserves that recognition. Sonic Adventure 2 took everything that was bad about the first game and made it much worse. Then Sega and the fanbase lost their shit with this franchise, leaving me to twiddle my thumbs until Sonic Mania finally comes out.
>>
>>384964747
Also 2s soundtrack > 1s soundtrack
>>
The only thing good about them was the Chao and some of the music. Seriously, they could make a game out of just raising chao, I would buy that
>>
>Adventure

Flawed but fun. Probably my favorite 3D Sonic or at least a top 3 contender

>Adventure 2

Didn't learn any lessons from 1, in fact makes even more mistakes from a design perspective which there's just no excuse for. I don't like it, and I'll never understand why people think it's the better of the two.
>>
>>384964314
BUTT I WILL NEEEEVER LET GOOO
>>
>>384965167
I KNOWW ITS A OOOONE WAAYYYY PAAATTH
>>
>>384965098
>Didn't learn any lessons
What are you talking about? It dropped the awful hub area sand gave characters unique levels.
>>
>>384965098
Could provide an argument there pal.
>>
>>384964480
>disliking Metal Harbor and City Escape
die
>>
>>384964242
They are fun games
They both have their flaws but I think they are overlooked based on how enjoyable the better aspects are to the lesser ones
>>
>>384964242
LIVE AND LEARN! HANGIN ON THE EDGE 'TIL TOMORROW!

Adventure is very experimental. It threw everything to a wall to see what would stick with gameplay styles without refining any one to perfection, as a result it's clunky and somewhat half baked. The story was very vast for it's time and it's characterization is very good, which continues into 2. The best level types in A1 are Sonic, Amy and Gamma. Tails is just "cheese Sonic with flight" and Knuckles is a weirdly controlled clunkfest. And Big? Brings nothing to the table and the game would be better with him taken out.

2 was Sonic team's effort to streamline this style of gameplay. Gone are the aimless adventure fields, now it's straight level after level. Levels in general are longer and they added a speed/style/chain combo based score system to encourage players to get good, along with including rewards (Green Hill Zone, 2P costumes/characters) for mastering the game. It's also much less of a glitchy mess. Plus, each character gets unique stages instead of reusing the same assets for each character stage. Sonic/Shadow stages are the highlight, beings much faster, more solid, and stylish than before. Players are rewarded for blasting through the levels fast, doing tricks on ramp/rails at high speeds, and chaining homing attacks on enemies. The best Sonic has ever been in 3D, but not perfect. Tails/Eggman stages are Gamma styled, they reward aiming at many enemies at once and firing to chain kills. They're slower, but still fun. Knuckles/Rouge levels are much more vast and solid on a mechanical level, and the controls for digging are much improved, plus the Knuckles is much faster in general. But they made one huge mistake: nerfing the radar to only detect one emerald shard at once. Because of this, those who haven't gotten good at the stages can be left wandering aimlessly, which is just frustrating in their most difficult levels. Overall, though, there isn't a bit of Sonic Adventure 2 I don't enjoy.
>>
>>384965280
While focusing more on the shooting aspect of Gamma and the slow platforming of Amy/Big from 1.
They also nerfed the radar in the hunting stages making those levels even more frustrating.
At least the Sonic and Shadow stages were great and I'd say the only improvement they made towards the gameplay.
>>
>>384964242
So, Adventure1fags are nostalgiafags who haven't played the game in years, right...? And Adventure2bros are true patricians.
>>
>>384965220
TELL ME HOW MUCH LOOOOONGER IT WILL LAST
>>
>>384966772

Adventure1bros are physicsbros who appreciate the higher intricacies of Sonic's moveset while Adventure2fags just spam Knuckles memes and listen to City Escape instead of playing the game.
>>
>>384966772
Did you even play the games or do you make your opinion by reading what's been said in the threads? If it's the latter then fuck off
>>
Cut out the fluff (i.e. everything other than running stages), make the level design not shit, and they'd be good.
>>
>>384966678
Yeah, treasure hunting was frustrating.
>>
>>384967072
>implying the level design in 1 and 2s Sonic levels is shit
>>
>>384967248
You're right, it was just mediocre at best.
>>
>>384964242
I think Sonic Adventure is a mostly good game except when you're fishing. And on Dreamcast only.

SA2 was where everything went wrong. More gotta go fast segments, less plaformer level design, removal of classic Sonic elements and feel. Oh yeah, and you can't just choose to play Sonic levels, you have to play the other playstyles whether you are in the mood to or not, and they're also a lot worse than they were in the previous game. The music was shite too.
>>
>>384966997
>>384967007
I played them both one after another early this year. Adventure 2 holds up, Adventure 1 is a glitchfest where if you just slightly deviate from holding forward on a loop you run through the rails to instant death. And Adventure 2's physics are much better, Sonic has actual weight and homing attack speed carries into running speed, and doing tricks is more effective when going fast and brings you back to max speed. Adventure 1 is good for what it was, but is really bad for what it is. Still has good story, characterization and music. But the gameplay is serviceable to horrid.
>>
>>384966772
>So, Adventure1fags are nostalgiafags who haven't played the game in years, right...?
It is one of my favourite childhood games. Then, a few years ago I made the mistake of replaying it.
Some memories are better left untouched.
>>
Adventure: a jack of all trades, different parts at various levels of quality
overall: slightly above average
Adventure 2: refines what was good, but makes the shit shitier, and then adds some more shit.
overall: pretty bad/kind of good
>>
>>384967467
Did you seriously enjoy the mech levels more than the normal levels from 1 to say that 2 > 1?
>>
>>384967853
see
>>384965867
Mech levels in 1 are a stroll in the park with a gun, mech levels in 2 are a chain combo score attacks that gets better with upgrades. Though, Gamma's boss battles were much better than Tails/Eggman's. And I've played both these games more than 4 times, both recently.
>>
>>384964416
This desu
>>
>>384964874
>I hate how its mandatory to play the shit characters when EVERYONE just wants to play as sonic
But you don't and that's why I love the games
>get the itch to play SA
>load up Sonic
>play through all the levels
>skip all the other characters because they are trash
not sure what the issue is. Sonic levels are fun, fast, and the music is good. Except Lost World. Fuck Lost World.
>>
>>384966997
>Adventure1bros are physicsbros
I can't even begin to properly convey how fucking retarded you are. "Physicsbros" would prefer to stick to the Sonic games that actually had good physics.
>>
>>384968183
>People ONLY want to play as SONIC, NO ONE ELSE
Who started this meme? Why did sega buy into this meme? Sonic had one of the best supporting casts of characters in his genre. Playing as Tails, Knuckles, Amy or even Shadow or Blaze was a blast depending on the game.
>>
>>384964780
>not hammer jumping
You did this to yourself.
>>
File: 1486330626178.png (294KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486330626178.png
294KB, 480x480px
>>384968464
I don't know, everyone in this thread seems to love playing as any of the characters besides sonic/shadow.
>>
>>384964780
Amy's levels were the most well designed specifically because you couldn't go fast enough to glitch yourself to death. Though, her first level is her worst. That level where Zero appears on the screens and then busts through one and comes at you was great. Big's fishing was true hell.
>>
>>384968464
Someone confused the concept of a character being stuck with shit gameplay meaning that people inherently wouldn't want to play as the character at all.

Anyone who's played Sonic Advance knows that playing Amy can be fun.
>>
>>384968913
No one's saying Sonic/Shadow levels aren't the highlight of 2, but just about anything in 2 is more engaging then 1 because of more solid physics and the score and rank system actually giving you a reason to replay the game and become skilled.
>>
>>384969230
Didn't 1 have score and rank as well?
>>
Why do you faggots hate hubworlds so bad?
>>
SA1:OK but too much shit that doesn't belong in a sonic game. Half the game feels like filler given how often they just reused stages from the main story. A good third of the game couldn't of been cut without effecting the quality. Nothing really offensive.

SA2: Pretty good to shit depending on the level. Speed levels are mostly good sans some duds. Gem hunting is generally better but worse is some aspects too. They some how made shooting worse. Too much edge in the story for my liking buy I always kinda tear up at the end anyways.

Overall I prefer Sa2 but won't be surprised if people choose SA1.

Overall they are both responsible for sending sonic into the dark ages anyways.
>>
>>384969325
No. It had some extra missions, but you don't get ranks upon completion.
>>
>>384969398
I need to replay it then. I very specifically remember all those E's. Of course that may be just more vivid memories of things that didn't happen.
>>
>>384966772

I never played either until 2015. Adventure 1 is a fucking mess from a technical standpoint but it has good ideas and feels like a game that's really trying its best to succeed. Adventure 2 is a fucking mess from a design standpoint, and while clearly not being as slapdash it feels like a step down. The Sonic/Shadow stages are only a bit worse if you ask me, except for Final Rush which is better than anything in 1 but one level does not a game make. The Tails/Eggman stages are a worse version of the Gamma stages and I fucking hated the Gamma stages personally speaking so maybe I'm biased but I definitely don't enjoy them getting even more focus. The Knuckles/Rouge levels are fundamentally worse than in 1 due to the fucked up radar really screwing them up. It's one flaw but it singlehandedly turns them from a decent enough gameplay alternative in 1 to a 15-20 minute slog in 2.

I genuinely think merging all the gameplay styles into one linear story instead of having them be separated so you can pick and choose what you play and when was a massive mistake and the main reason I can't stand 2 (and most other 3D sonics after it for that matter). I could probably overlook a lot of my complaints if I didn't have to sit through a tedious Knuckles stage and two shitty Tails stages just to get a chance to use Sonic again.
>>
>>384969523
You sure that wasn't 2? 2 had the E, D, C, B, and A ranks. And yeah, I strongly recommend a playthrough of both games back to back.
>>
File: 1500784575088.jpg (36KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
1500784575088.jpg
36KB, 470x313px
>>384969731
>i never played either until 2015
>my underage opinions matter when all I do is play modern twitchbait trash and fap to cartoon squids
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>384969374
I would probably prefer 2 if gem hunting had all three radars active at the same time.
>>
>>384964242

Sonic Adventure hasn't held up really well.

Sonic Adventure 2 is, surprisingly, not as bad as I thought it would be going back. Although I find the Tails and Eggman levels bore the fuck out of me.
>>
>>384969929

I only had a PS2 growing up and was too busy playing sonic mega collection plus and sonic heroes (which is fucking trash, worse than Adventure 2 by a country mile, and before you say the PS2 port was horrible I replayed it on GC in 2015 as well and I stand by that opinion)
>>
1>2>the rest

2 was worse because it removed the hubworlds, and choices for character stories. It also put tails in a mech which was fucking dumb.
>>
>>384964489
The fuck are you saying?
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>384964242
TALK ABOUT LOW BUDGET FLIGHTS, NO FOOD OR MOVIES!? I'M OUTTA HERE! I LIKE RUNNING BETTER. YEEEEEEAAAAH!
>>
>>384964480
All of the knuckles songs are good
>>
>>384970645
ops image is from exoparadigm gamer's youtube remake or rebreak show, which has a cringe opening line of welcome gentles and ladiesmen or some shit.
>>
>>384964643
>The machines are still there I bet.
Nah. See what happened is McDonalds back then thought they were investing in our generation but it turns out millennials aren't entirely fucking retarded and we hate fast food (comparative to past generations X and Boomer). So instead of reaping the harvest they had hoped to cultivate by now they're -still- chasing us. Instead of N64s they now call their burgers artisanal and try to charge quality restaurant dollars for them in the hopes we'll assume they've turned over a new leaf and produce something that tastes good now.
>>
>>384964242
bad games can be fun

3d sonic was a mistake
>>
>>384968183
I understand different preferences, for example I like playing as Amy because of the slower platforming, but the problem is you're forced to play all the characters. Especially in the second game.
>>
>>384964242
Get over it, furfag, your childhood was shit, that's why you're a furfag obsessing over sanic at age 28.
>>
>>384964242
They're pretty bad, Rouge's tits were nice though
>>
Very flawed games that I enjoyed, especially 2.
>>
SA2 is one of the worst games Ive ever played, and I swear I find something new to hate every time I try to replay it

Highway escape is terrible. Its long, boring, the game randomly throws things at you like falling road or missiles, tails mech is slow as fuck and the platforming parts are retarded, and once you FINALLY get to the end of the stage, the game literally just drops an assload of debris on you because FUCK YOU. Then you have aquatic mine, with some of the worst exploration possible, a useless radar, and a camera you have to fight every inch of the way. then we're back to a tails stage, only this time he has to navigate a fucking maze for some fucking reason, which is even slower and more annoying

fuck this game and its horrible control, its godawful stages, its clunkiness, and its infuriating camera
>>
>>384974503
3d blast is good.
>>
File: sonic.jpg (34KB, 680x526px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
34KB, 680x526px
>>384964242
sa1 is an interesting tech demo
sa2 is 3d sonic gameplay perfected
>>
File: epg1.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
epg1.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>384964242
Hylia help you
>>
>>384964242
>SA1
Average game with some extra shitty parts.
>SA2
Average game, but less shitty parts than 1.

The Sonic series only has amazing games in 2D. The 3D titles range from horrible fuck Sonic Heroes and anyone who likes it to pretty alright.
>>
>>384964242

These two games are responsible for the creation of the worst fanbase in gaming history.
>>
Why is SA2 one of the most discussed Sonic games?

Like, whether you like it or not, it still gets talked about how many years later.
>>
>>384982002
the chao garden
>>
>>384982002

Because it introduced weird-smelling tweens to the furry subculture.
>>
>>384981427
It exist with StH and the Archie series
>>
>>384964242
Okay. I seem to be in the minority when I say that I really like the Knuckles levels in SA2.
>>
>>384982079
Are there any other games with something similar to the chao garden? I must have spent hundreds of hours getting shit for my chao back in the day, and I've never had another game scratch that itch how that game was able to. I've tried to go back and play it some, but gathering that shit by replaying the levels over and over is so tedious when I've already gone through them so many times.
>>
SA
>the Sonic levels are good
SA2
>the Sonic/Shadow levels are good
SU
>the daytime levels are good
SG
>the classic levels are good

Why are Sonic fans so jaded that they think that a fraction of their game being good means that their game is good?
>>
first game is ass

second one's pretty fun
>>
>>384964242
1 is ok, 2 sucks
>>
>people ITT call the first game good and the second one bad

what the fuck

1/5 of the first game is good, actually 1/6 accounting for the shitty overworld

1/3 of the second game is good plus a better chao garden
>>
Some of the last good sonic games before boost ruined everything.
>>
>>384964242
Bad games
>>
File: Sa2 vs sm64 double standards.png (432KB, 802x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Sa2 vs sm64 double standards.png
432KB, 802x1414px
>>
Two of the worst Sonic games.
>>
>>384983593
because Sonic Team is full of hacks and that's the best they'll ever get unless they get some fans to pull a Mania for the 3D games.
>>
File: 1293157549503.jpg (536KB, 659x873px) Image search: [Google]
1293157549503.jpg
536KB, 659x873px
>>384964242

Played them back on Dreamcast when the system was still alive. Tried them again recently and they've aged poorly but the nostalgia I get still makes me like them. They're flawed but okay games and I understand if someone wants to shit on them.
>>
>>384964242
Sonic Adventure is horribly unpolished and buggy, the open world is a pointless bore, and the level design is hit and miss. I had a lot of fun playing it despite all that, but I don't think I'll be revisiting it soon.
Sonic Adventure 2 bored me to tears, even though it fixed just about all the technical issues with the first game.
>>
>>384987079
>very little replayability
I'm biting, SM64 is by far the most replayable Mario game
>>
>>384974226
there's still a local one here in LA that has n64s
>>
2 is great still. One of the few reasons I still have my 360 hooked up, its addicting trying to get all the emblems and A rank everything. 1 has a handful of fun Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy levels and everything else is trash. To this day Sonic Unleashed is still the only Sonic to get hubworlds right. But I can respect SA1 for being ambitious as a 1998 game with a rushed production after the Saturn was a spiraling disaster and they needed to whip up something that would create hype and interest.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.