[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Dreamcast.jpg (2MB, 4540x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast.jpg
2MB, 4540x2200px
>>
Sega is shit, that's what
>>
>>384962841
ps2 happened
>>
32X, Saturn. The Dreamcast itself was borderline perfection.
>>
>no dual analog
>cable should come out of the top not the bottom
>memorycard at the bottom
>cds instead dvds
>>
>>384962841
not enough good games
>>
>>384963242
Imagine if they had fixed these things
>DVDS
Piracy wouldnt have been as rampant
>Dual Analog
FPS would have found their way onto it and increased its sales
>>
>>384963178
The Saturn has more games than the Dreamcast, not even memeing. I love both, btw.
>>
Sega's ISP was basically required for online if you didn't want to disconnect every hour using your own 56k connection.

Online games were ruined with cheating peripherals like Gameshark. So basically it's biggest selling point, online gaming, was ruined.
>>
>>384965227
>implying the PC scene wasn't suffering from the same problem at the time
>>
>>384965374
I wouldn't know. The only games I were playing back then during the age of 56k on PC was Everquest and text MUDs.
>>
Sega Japan and their financials happened. Specifically the past 7 or so years of failed Genesis peripherals and the Saturn did them in.

>>384962975
Sega would have needed to sell 2x as many Dreamcasts as the PS2 did in order to stay in the console business.

>>384965227
They sold an attachment that let you use a broadband connection if your ISP had it. Seganet literally just ran on AT&T's service, similar to MNVOs.
>>
>>384962841
>People were wary of buying things from Sega after the 32X and Saturn
>The Saturn's E3 launch caused many 3rd parties to stop making games for Sega consoles
>People were more interested in saving their money for a PS2, as the PS2 had DVD playback
>Gaming Publications barely gave it any attention, while they hyped up the PS2 as the second coming of christ
>Rampant piracy
>Online Gaming on consoles wasn't a huge selling point at the time
>>
File: 4561376-0631141169-SEGAT.jpg (57KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
4561376-0631141169-SEGAT.jpg
57KB, 550x350px
The reason is seriously, unironically, that they didn't have a cool mascot to sell it like they did with the Saturn.
>>
>>384967578
Didn't Segata save the world in the one Dreamcast commercial but only at the cost of his life
>>
>>384968160
If anything you could interpret it as the Dreamcast killing him
>>
>>384964815
Saturn had quantity, Dreamcast had quality.
>>
>>384963421
wish dreamcast didnt fail. it had an odd surrealness about it. from the user interface to the general what the fuck games.
>>
>>384967536
Apparently, the money man who funded a lot of their crazy experimental shit like Shenmue also passed away and Sega execs just threw in the towel.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.