[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate: Do you collect physical or digital?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 20170723_212134.jpg (482KB, 962x726px) Image search: [Google]
20170723_212134.jpg
482KB, 962x726px
The great debate:

Do you collect physical or digital?
>>
>>384961940
Physical for consoles and handheld, digital for PC.
>>
physical when posible, digital when discounted or only choice
>>
Both.
>>
>>384961940
Physical always on consoles, digital or physical on pc depending on price.
>>
Physical for consoles, digital for PC
>>
>>384961940
Digital, I just hate having shit. The infrastructure is way worse on consoles though.
>>
File: 1494528135179.jpg (139KB, 750x741px) Image search: [Google]
1494528135179.jpg
139KB, 750x741px
>>384962036
This.

>Buy PS1 game on PS3 store
>Buy a PS4 later on
>Games bought on PS3 don't transfer to the newest consoles.

How the fuck are you console people okay with this?
>>
I always want a choice. i want physical just so I can physically own it, but digital is so much more convenient, and it lasts forever, assuming you don't have it tied to a DRM client, which is why I'm wary of steam and Origin and GOG's upcoming galaxy client.
>>
>>384964769
I wish I could install 3ds games from the cartridge. Even if I have to redownload the game I just want to not carry a bunch of ds games around.
>>
>>384961940
Physical
>>
I collect physical pc games that have no hope of getting a digital release, but I also buy digital games.
>>
I absolutely despise the tipping culture of America
It disgusts me so much it's one of the main reasons why I'll never move there
>>
I like haveing physical games. At least they cant be taken back or taken down to license issues. Also its easy to bring physical games to a friends place to play than going and downloading a game and waiting for that to download.
>>
>>384966064
What does that have to do with physical or digital games?
>>
>>384966191
Nothing
Btw, I buy physical on PS4, digital on PC and digital on PS4 but only if it's a very high discount
>>
>>384962036
Is it even realistically possible to collect physical for PC anymore?

Most disks literally just open up steam and unlock the game nowadays
>>
>>384966404
It's not
People on PC buy on steam
Steam killed PC gaming for me
Early access and green light destroyed it, that I ended up buying a fucking PS4 and I didn't own a console since the PS2 days
That's how bad the state of PC gaming is
>>
>>384961940
digital for regular releases. physical for limited editions
>>
>>384966661
I don't understand people who say that early access and green light "killed the PC". Like there are no more good games anymore. Just don't buy the shit games, cmon senpai.
>>
>>384966826
That's not the real issue, it's how Valve set such a disgusting standard for PC
You don't have to finish a game, you can lie, you can take 5 years to finish it, and Valve will do nothing
Steam has no quality control and no control over publishers, that's the problem, not the existence of bad games
Bad games were always around, but never were such bad practices encouraged by the only player in the PC market that matters
I want to play a finished game, I don't want to get gradual updates over 3 years that might never come, give me the finished game to play it's what I like
Basically, fuck Valve
>>
>>384966661
I dont like all the rip off side scrolling, minecraft shooter, and so many other rip off games on steam that litter it and make browsing games less enjoyable
>>
>>384967332
You know you can filter out indie games right?
>>
>>384967332
Don't forget those games that exist just so you can make a 2 cent profit off steam cards
I really hate steam and its zero standards policy
I'm happy that PS4 refuses early access games off the go until they're finished
>>384967408
But not all indies are like that, some are great
>>
>>384961940
>not collecting digital and burning them to a disc
LOL
>>
File: xbonedE32013policiesNeverForget.jpg (62KB, 1023x593px) Image search: [Google]
xbonedE32013policiesNeverForget.jpg
62KB, 1023x593px
>>384961940
Physical is the only correct response. Digital is just a side note that's convenient sometimes but not really permanent. Of course this only applies to consoles, since PCfags have a whole different take on the matter.
>>
>>384967973
Microsoft sucks
>>
>>384961940
I buy physical until I can pirate games for the system, then I sell all my physical copies and pirate them.
>>
>>384967703
>not making .iso of your physical disk and throwing them away
>>
>>384965528
>I wish I could install 3ds games from the cartridge

Well, why didn't you hack your 3DS? There was a thread up every single day.
>>
>>384967245
Steam is not their big government daddy.
Also pirate your games sonny.
>>
>>384967245
So don't buy a game in early access? I'm not seeing your point here... I would say you have autism, but that would be a mean and generic comment.
>>
>>384968332
I just explained that the issue is the standard that Valve set still affect us even if we don't buy early access garbage
Shouldn't be hard to understand
>>
I much prefer physical, but digital is just so much more fucking convenient, especially for portables.
>>
Physical for consoles and handhelds, digital for PC. My Internet is way too trash to consistently download games on demand, anyway
>>
>>384967973
Say what you will about Xbone, but I love my Xbone S.

Best fucking 4k BD player you can find for the price.
>>
>>384968475
So do you not shop at Wal-Mart because they sell shitty products?
>>
>>384967973
The whole used games fiasco never made sense to me in the first place. They teamed up with GAMESTOP of all places, to sell revalidation codes.

WHY DO IT AT ALL, THEN? They're literally the biggest fucking retailer of used games, why the fuck would you team up with the exact people you're trying to fuck over?
>>
>>384968775
>>384968557

And Wii-U had games like Meme Run, so you better avoid Nintendo consoles I guess.
>>
>>384968775
Do you really not understand my point?
It's the standard that valve set for their store, not the early access games themselves
If wal-mart actively allowed broken products I wouldn't shop there, but they can't it's not legal
But it's not a fair point because valve is not only allowing literal garbage on their store, they're encouraging all these other awful practices as well
So yea you don't get my point at all somehow when its so simple
>>
Both until recently
Flood got everything except my ps2 collection and steam library so I went full digital
>>
>>384968213
11.4 freindo. Waiting till EoL hacks right now.
>>
>>384969286
The market will eventually regulate itself, it does not need interference you commie.

By not buying from Steam you are already being part of the grand scheme.

Other people will eventually stop buying early access too.
>>
>>384969286

>broken

Steam doesn't have broken games, and when it did it gave everyone refunds (Arkham Knight).

Unfinished games are not broken you fucking retard.
>>
>>384969528
Damn, dude
>>
>>384972565
Unfinished games are still bad, worse even
A broken game can be a finished one and get fixed
There are bigger chances of that than most early access games being finished
And early access games are broken, if they weren't they wouldn't be in "beta" for years
It's a dumb standard that PC users still welcome with open hands because they're simply put, idiots, like the other guy that replied to me for example
What did early access trash you buy that burned you, for you to be so upset?
>>
>>384973159
>Unfinished games are still bad, worse even
So don't buy then. Jesus, dude. You are a moron.

I've never been burned by early access because I've never bought an early access game since I'm not a moron.

With how many games have DLC that finish the story/complete the content most games may as well be early access. I guess you should just stop playing video games all together.
>>
File: IMG_20170712_162000.jpg (32KB, 365x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_162000.jpg
32KB, 365x274px
Used to be physical until xbox one.
Now me and my friend buy digital and spilt the cost, alternating who's card is used.
Don't know what made me change, one of life's mysteries.
>>
>>384961940
>collect

I'm not a hoarder, I just buy my games on Steam and play them on PC and I grew up with an snes back in the day. It's always 19 year olds or 20 somethings who think collecting games gives them real nerd cred. It's like blacks buying iphones they think they make them not poor.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.