[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is she such a bitch to Pearl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Why is she such a bitch to Pearl?
>>
>>384957242
She's black
>>
Because she's Black
(and i hate her for being a thot)
>>
>>384957242
Because ebin treehouse 'translation' of the character made her a snappy bitch. Where in the Jap version she is shy and respectful
>>
>>384957456

Why the fuck they went with this I'll never know, nothing she says matches her expressions in the slightest, it's so jarring
>>
>>384957565
Yeah it is fairly jarring. I guess they wanted to bottle lightning twice and create another Marie.
>>
>>384957456
>black people are all bitchy
bravo treehouse
>>
>>384957242
"""""""""""Localization""""""""""""
>>
>>384957565
Because American's like snarky bitches while the Japanese like submissive and meek woman.
>>
>>384957456
It really doesn't fit visually either, which makes the translation even worse.

Usually the forehead princess trope character is the bitch while the "eyebrows always raised" character trope goes "ara ara, how interesting for you to be interested in an older woman like me".
>>
File: 1500823800604.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500823800604.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>384957242

Because NoA.
>>
>>384957242
NoA literally rewrote her character. But they didn't change her body language to match so shit ends up being jarring
>>
Bitches bitching about banter YET again.

We get it, you like cake. Too bad it's illegal.
>>
>>384957242
Because she knows that she is best girl
>>
>>384961787
That chinaman is a fucking dick. Or he might just be telling it like it is.
>>
>>384957242
She's black and an octarian. That literally bullys a child. The new sisters suck. Octarians should be hung
>>
>>384957242
The new sisters still attack Sheldon.

Fuck off Sheldon cool. Why doesn't anyone love him
>>
File: 1498716582019.jpg (5KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498716582019.jpg
5KB, 199x250px
Her original JP personality/the dynamic of the two is really obvious just by the designs and body language.

I'd bet good money on their making her 'sassy' because they'd get in trouble if the black character were seemingly 'submissive' and looked up to the Aryan-white one with the crown.

This reads like a facetious joke, but you know that's the way the internet is heading.
>>
>>384957242
Bad localization from people who can't do their job properly.
>>
>>384962805
It's not banter though they aren't real people. They set pearl up to be super unlikable and the ln marina just attacks her. Pearl is the butt of every single joke in splatoon 2.

It's annoying and makes both characters unlikable
>>
Don't forget to write to NoA and complain about treehouse making shit up 100% instead of doing their job.
>>
File: 1500174386682.gif (162KB, 708x692px) Image search: [Google]
1500174386682.gif
162KB, 708x692px
Cakefags still on suicide watch
>>
Will Pearlfags ever stop whining?
>>
How can I use the european translation?
>>
I want to wrap my lips around her puffy Octoling asshole and inhale her fart like a bong hit
>>
>>384963673
>Taking advice from the Chinese
>>
>>384957242
>NoA made pearl completely unlikeable and turned perfect brownctopus into a complete bitch
>betamax fags completely in love with new "yas queen slay" defend this

at this point salmon run is the only thing keeping me interested in the game
if i want to play online i can do it for free in splatoon 1
>>
>>384963063
Might be telling it like it is, but african tribes are so intent on fighting other tribes over garbage dumps where it doesn't matter if they try to invest in them, their children or their children's children may not even have control over the lands they fought over.

It's like someone who owns a house but doesn't bother taking care of it or bother replacing the appliances after a while because they don't have any longterm interest in the house so why should they bother trying to support a future owner of their house?
>>
Is she a bitch outside of Treehouse? Cause the videos during the splatfest(didn't get to play it) on nintendos youtube make her look shy and pearl tries to help her get over it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.