[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EverQuest TLP Server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: EverQuest_for_ants.png (169KB, 256x304px) Image search: [Google]
EverQuest_for_ants.png
169KB, 256x304px
I'm thinking of trying out the current version of EverQuest after finding out about the launch of a new Time-Locked Progression server from two months ago. Is anyone here playing current EverQuest and have any tips for someone who never played EQ but has some experience with Anarchy Online and vanilla WoW?

On a side note, I seriously considered joining Project 1999 instead but its population seems to cater to people who are already very familiar with the game mechanics. I'd rather just throw some money at the Russians at Daybreak for a few months and see what happens.
>>
Cock
>>
File: silkie-chickens.jpg (51KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
silkie-chickens.jpg
51KB, 500x408px
Well the only thing I can tell you is be prepared for grind and a game which is now catered to multi boxers. Solo characters are at a huge disadvantage since most people multi box and very few people left group in the traditional sense. That's not to say you wont ever find a group but its rare by comparison. Be prepared for next to zero quests until you get the the "mission" expansions and no direction at all. Not saying the latter is bad, its what drew so many to everquest in the beginning just prepare toget lost or need to reference stuff outside the game A LOT.
>>
>>384955860

I keep hearing about the "boxing" system but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

I do know that the game is now riddled with microtransactions and arguably P2W mechanics, so I'm trying to lower my expectations accordingly.
>>
>>384955860
>>384956072

Oh wait, "multi-boxing." Sorry, it's been a very long while since I've seriously played MMOs and I forgot what that meant.
>>
>>384955860
did quests actually become worthwhile since I last played in 1999?
>>
EverQuest was amazing back in 1999. Now it's older than most of /v/'s posters.
>>
>>384955860
>tfw mmos will never be able to limit multiple accounts, the flow or availability of information, or communication
>>
>>384955240
I playe some current everquest, but with the latest expansions where you just teleport everywhere, and the fact you can outrun enemies makes the game a little less fun
>>
>>384955860
this is part of the reason why i think sub models MMOs need to die. Practically everything thats not FF or WoW caters to multiboxers unapologetically these days.
>>
File: colr-colr-chiks.jpg (79KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
colr-colr-chiks.jpg
79KB, 1200x630px
>>384957954
The only real quests that matter are the Epic Weapon class quests but they're basically just for show and useless save for a few procs or click effects. Expansions have now introduced "missions" in instanced and non instanced areas that basically function like quests do in other mmos " go kill x" "pick up x" etc.

Honestly OP if youve never experience it, it might be worth it for a month to see and explore but the old traditional feel as been modernized as best as you can in such an old game so it will never feel like what people experienced back in its heyday.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.