[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate My Pc Build: Different Anon Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_jHgLCVuR.jpg (50KB, 784x811px) Image search: [Google]
4L_jHgLCVuR.jpg
50KB, 784x811px
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nrvmTH

Anon in the comments from the last thread, looking for further critiques on my build. So here what's up and has been made clear to me. I do not plan on overclocking, I'd like to be able to stream for fun, CEMU is probably the most intensive emulation I'll be doing, and overwatch/doom/maybe GTA will be the most intensive gaming overall. Breddy Gud?

P.S. I'm trying to stick to around $600 budget
>>
I'd dismiss any plans you have for Cemu going AMD
Other than that you should be fine
>>
>>384956751
Is it really that dysfunctional? Or are you the same anti-AMD shill from last thread
>>
>>384956885
it should be fine, ryzen has much better ipc (single thread performance). if you're not sure, search for people running cemu with ryzen 5 1600 and make up your own conclusions

as for your videocard, i don't know if buying a 480 is a good idea with the 5xx series already out. maybe buy a 570 or a 580? not sure 2bh

overall i think your build is ok
>>
>>384956885
Emulation is a CPU intensive process, and Cemu is particularly so. You're also looking at the single core performance, which is 3.2ghz, when ideally you want around 4

It'll run. I just don't think it'll be smooth enough to be enjoyable.
>>
>>384957059
Yeah, I also heard last thread that it will be hard to find one due to fucking crypto-miners. Is the 580/570 better than the one I currently have?
>>
>>384957109
The 1600 has 6 cores though?
>>
>>384957109
clock has nothing to do with anything, you mouthbreather. it's about ipc.a good architecture with a high ipc @ 1ghz is better than a shit one @ 5ghz. this is why bulldozer @ 5ghz got stomped by intel's cpus @ 3ghz

there's plenty of people saying they run cemu with a ryzen 5 1600 on the internet. just search for it

>>384957228
580 should be better than 480, not sure about 570, you'd have to search for reviews. not sure what prices are either. you need to dig all of this by yourself
>>
>>384957364
>clock has nothing to do with anything,
I stopped reading here
>>
>>384957509
this is why /v/ kids aren't allowed on /g/. waste your parents' money on whatever you want. i know i'll be buying what's best for me
>>
>>384954782
Your build is pretty much spot on for what you intend to do with it, emulation/streaming/normie aaa shit. Ryzen 1600 has ipc performance similar to broadwell which runs cemu just fine. I'd argue against an amd gpu seeing as the 1060 6gb is on par with a 480/580 and performs much better in CEMU. There's really nothing I'd change desu. Maybe wait on higher clocked ram to go on sale, that's about it.

>>384957109
clock speed =/= ipc, a 1600 with 3.6ghz boost does just fine with emulation, you can easily youtube some ryzen emulation videos.
>>
File: 1500778173235.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1500778173235.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>384957109
>have fx6300 clocked to 6.3ghz
>still runs cemu like dogshit
>b-but muh clock speeds

fucking /v/ i swear
>>
>>384957860
>3.6ghz boost
But I thought clock speed was meaningless!
Hell who needs 3.2ghz when you can throttle to 1.6ghz and save energy, getting the same results. After all, it's has nothing to do with anything
>>
>>384958114
Where did I recommend a fx6300? I'm looking at someone right now who got huge results in Cemu OC'ing his ryzen 5 1600, but that still requires OC'ing it up to nearly 4ghz. I don't know what kind of cooling solution that requires as I haven't looked into it. I know a *good* CPU needs around 4ghz to be consistent in Cemu.
>>
>>384957860
That's good to hear, my ram in this build is basically just a stand in. My good friend is willing to give me 2x4GB DDR4 so that should suit me fine right? If not I can always buy more in the future.
>>
>>384958129
When did I say clock speeds were meaningless? I hope you don't think I was that other anon. Making a general statement like 4ghz is the recommended clock speed for cemu makes you look like a dbl digit iq /v/tard. A 4ghz athlon will get you dbl digit frames in Cemu..
>>
>>384958449
errr single digit frames in cemu, likewise a pentium m clocked @ 4ghz will run CEMU in a slideshow manner. Clock speed means nothing if the ipc is shit
>>
>>384958424
Ya that works, ram speeds have shown to increase performance quite a bit in some games but I think you'll be hitting 60 just fine with most triple AAA shit @ 1080p without the extra clock speed
>>
>>384958768
I'm more than content with 60 FPS. I'm actually fine with 30, I just want to play vidya at reasonable rates.
>>
>>384958449
You would have to get a non-current architecture to have a 4ghz CPU that couldn't handle Cemu

OP is shopping for a NEW PC. He didn't ask if his 4ghz athlon could run Cemu.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.