[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just your daily reminder that this was a good game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-SuperPaperMarioBoxart[1].jpg (55KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
250px-SuperPaperMarioBoxart[1].jpg
55KB, 250x351px
Just your daily reminder that this was a good game.
>>
File: Annoyed Dedede.png (12KB, 560x480px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Dedede.png
12KB, 560x480px
>>384945956
Go back to the other thread.
>>
>>384945956
It was, I replayed it a couple of months ago and it was just as good as I remembered it being.

I think if the game came out on the gamecube like it was originally supposed to, people would have been more accepting of it being a spin-off.
>>
Shit you're making me want to replay it again.
>>
>>384945956
it went to hell around mid game, when the devs simply stopped trying.
Only redeeming factor is the fucking ending(and final bosses).
i cry like a bitch everytime.
Probably one of my fav endings in vidya.
>>
but anon, you're right
>>
>>384945956
>bad platformer
>bad RPG
>somehow, it's a good game
hmm, really makes my mario wahoo
>>
File: 1314376107428.jpg (14KB, 310x349px) Image search: [Google]
1314376107428.jpg
14KB, 310x349px
>>384946382
>he thinks games are developed linearly
yeah anon, they just start from world 1 then go from there
>>
>>384946382
It also literally went to hell around mid game, what a weird fucking concept for a Mario game
>>
>>384946616
>>384946669
the game loses charm and ideas around mid game, last levels are simply atrocious, regardless when they developed them.
might been a lack of time, budget or sideas; it doesn't matter.
What does matter is the final product.
I still enjoyed it, first half is pretty good, plot is fine, characters are lovely and the ending is 10/10.
>>
>>384945956
Not OP but I'm DEAD SERIOUS when I say I enjoyed Super Paper Mario more than I did TTYD.
It might have been because TTYD was praised as a perfect game and when I got to play it it wasnt as good as the first one.
Never finished SPM though but that Peace and nerd frog chapter was more memorable than anything in TTYD.
>>
>>384947094
>bit lands
>outer space
>land of cragnons
>sammer's kingdom
>underwhere and overthere

All of those worlds are far more creative than world 1 and 2 which are both average mario tropes.
>>
>>384947094
I liked when you go to the underwhere and the overthere. Also when that universe is literally fucking wiped out.
>>
>>384947545
>land of cragnons
This is one of the most boring and worse deigned levels in the whole history of videogames, anon
>>
I've been watching someone play this and kinda want to play it myself now.
>>
> be me
> 12 years old
> Super Paper Mario is the only Paper Mario I've played
> Like it a lot
> Check out IGN review of the game
> "Only three playable characters"
> bullshit.

And that's how I learned a lot of vidya reviewers don't even play the games they review.
>>
Super Paper Mario suffered from terrible pacing issues on the count of words words words.

The actual gameplay was fun so I kept at it.
>>
>>384945956
Yeah but not as good as the games before it and it was the beginning of the end
>>
It was okay

Better than Sticky Shit
>>
>>384945956
>precipitating the destruction of the franchise
>good
>>
>>384947687
neither of those are true
>>
Not really.
It's a shit platformer and a shit RPG with writing that manages to be even more cliched than TTYD's literal AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.