[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this the greatest gen of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 5thgen.jpg (1017KB, 2696x2587px) Image search: [Google]
5thgen.jpg
1017KB, 2696x2587px
is this the greatest gen of all time?
>>
>>384945741
Probably. The one after was good too. I want to say the one before was good too but it was pretty much just the SNES which is still the best nintendo console by a decent margin.
>>
N64 games aged like milk
>>
>>384946096
this
and ps1 is almost as bad
>>
>>384946768
Crash Team Racing is still damn near perfect
>>
Actually its the worst gen
>>
>>384946768
I disagree because sprite based games are timeless. Tell me Legend of Mana doesn't look and play better than most games that came out this year.
>>
>>384946839
same with tekken 3
and Super mario 64 is still pretty good.
>>
>>384946768
N64 had hardly any 2d games which sucks because ps1's 2d games were really great
>N64: shitty 3d because terrible textures
>Ps1: warping camera, pixelated 3d
>n64 had handful of 1st party titles that were good, small few 3rd party
>ps1 had a lot of new ips but didnt do much of anything new
It definitely wasnt best gen
>>
>>384946768
>>384946096
These, early 3D games have not aged gracefully. Nearly everything done in this era was refined and one better in the subsequent eras.

The 2D game from this era however have aged quite well however, shame there are so few.
>>
>>384946096
>>384946768
These. I still constantly play 4th gen vidya and it feels like it hasn't aged a day, but majority of the 5th gen games feel somewhat cumbersome to play. Funnily enough, the 5th gen games that have stood the test of the time best are the ones that could almost as well exist in the previous gen: SotN, Paper Mario, etc.

Still, got to respect the early 3D games for all the pioneer work they did. Somebody had to experiment with all these control schemes to find out what works and what doesn't.
>>
File: 6th gen.jpg (31KB, 440x354px) Image search: [Google]
6th gen.jpg
31KB, 440x354px
>>384945741
No, this is.
>>
File: 1244676524591.webm (3MB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
1244676524591.webm
3MB, 460x360px
Why weren't there more 2D games during this gen?
>>
>>384947843
the few 2d games that came out got shat on because it wasnt in 3d. also, you dont have a saturn
>>
>>384947092
Still baffles me that Nintendo hasn't surpassed Mario 64 movement controls and physics, it's almost perfect. Too bad that the camera is so horrible and level design is somewhat uneven, but got to admire how they nailed the movement down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.