[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate Jack Marston?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Rdr_jack_marston.jpg (101KB, 711x711px) Image search: [Google]
Rdr_jack_marston.jpg
101KB, 711x711px
I prefer playing as him to be honest
>>
>work ya Damn nag
>>
>>384945817
Unironically this, although all the fags on this board would have liked him better if he didnt look like a diseased half naked weasel
>>
>>384945542
I didn't hate him but I liked John better.
>>
>>384945542
His dad was wittier and nowhere near as much of an edgelord. John was trying to atone for his sins and generally went about giving advice to people he came across or playing to the straight man to wackier characters. Jack is on a quest for revenge against the world and doesn't seem to want to be alive much.

John was just much more relatable.
>>
>>384945817
This.
>>
>>384945542
He still sounds like he's twelve.
>>
Just fucking look at him. He looks like my sister's disgusting baby daddy
>>
>>384947482
his dad got fucked over by the federal government HARD

who wouldn't be edgy after that
>>
Putting Jack in that outfit that comes with the eyepatch makes him 100x better. I honestly didn't get what people hated about this guy.
>>
File: 139476892535.png (860KB, 778x550px) Image search: [Google]
139476892535.png
860KB, 778x550px
>>384945542
>start mission collecting the feathers for the guy making a glider as John
>come back as jack with the feathers
>guy looks at you in cutscene
>"...you look just like your father"
>mfw
I really thought that was cool as shit
>>
>all these games getting remastered
>still no RDR on PS4 or PC

I'd kill to play this game without having to dust off that old piece of shit PS3
>>
>>384948082

Which outfit was it?
>>
>>384945542
I never understood the hate for him because you only got to play 4 missions as him

Not enough to build a character like they were able to with Marston
>>
Can someone explain to me why John had to die? The parts where he reunites with his family, and spends time with them, are some of the most emotional things I've ever seen in a game. It felt so good for John to actually get to see his family again, and all those fun little "slice of life" missions at the ranch, interacting with his wife and son. I don't understand why he had to die. I still think the theme of "The Wild West is dying" could have been equally achieved by having him settle down with his family.

I just don't get why it couldn't have had a happy ending, wouldn't have been any less poignant.
>>
He looks like he's in his twenties but he still sounds like a little kid.

>I did that for you pawh!!
Fuck off.
>>
>>384948196
They're making a new one.
>>
>>384945542
he went from teenager to middle aged after a few years
>>
>>384948196
Buy a 360 or Xbone. The xbox version is the best version anyway.
>>
>>384948420
The part that hurts me the most is that Abigail fucking dies right after John does. Did Rockstar seriously have to go full blown melancholy with this shit? I needed some anti-depressants after I beat this game
>>
>>384948205
The one with the flat black hat, turquoise shirt, and an eyepatch. The Assassin gear or something
>>
>all the stranger missions where you get different dialogue as Jack

It's a nice touch how almost all the quests had new dialogue for him
>>
>>384948609
I thought her dying, YEARS after John dying was what let Jack leave the range, and by then he was a full grown adult.
>>
>>384945542

I wish I saved right before the last mission...I want to play free-roam as John, not Jack, but to do that I have to beat the entire game again
>>
>>384945542
i really like his default outfit

i would unironically wear his pants and boots to work if i knew what type they were
>>
>>384948994
What. There's a cheat you can input and play as john again. I don't think it fucks with achievements either
>>
>>384949165

Wow you just blew my mind
>>
>>384948189
Does anything else happen like this?
>>
>>384949774
when you look for your dad's killer.
>>
>>384949165

That's wrong. There's a cheatcode to play as Jack, but there are none to play as John again
>>
>>384948189
I think I remember him saying some shit about how it's felt like years since I went to go get the feathers or something.
>>
>>384948189
why would he wait three years for feathers, though?
>>
>>384945542

This game is unironically a masterpiece, it should be a criminal offense that it wasn't released on PC.

I don't give a fuck about graphics, but I fucking hate auto-aim, aiming with a mouse is much better. I've only played through it once because just pressing a button and have the crosshair snap to an enemys abdomen, then pulling the trigger feels so fucking lame. I want to shoot people in the legs, heads, arms, you name it. Not just mindlessly bodyshotting every cunt to progress.
>>
>>384949989
Well shit. Never mind then
>>
>>384950064

>Inb4 some wew lad replies with "JUST TURN OFF THE AUTO-AIM YA NIGGER"

Aiming is still shit with a fucking controller, the enemy will have shot you 10 times before you've fiddled with the stick and gotten your crosshair where you want it.
>>
>>384949774

Every side quest does this if you start it as John and end as Jack.
>>
>>384945542
Jack is a beta cuckwith a daddy complex like scott ryder
>>
>>384947720
So you?
>>
i just wish the dlc focused on jack and made him a more likeable character instead of zombie garbage
>>
>>384948189
that's pretty rad
I hope the sequel has that level of detail in it
>>
>>384945817
I actually liked him but cringed whenever he said this. Equivalent of torbjorn going "omnic rights? PHAW!"
>>
>>384947482
>Jack still sleeps in the same bedroom on the Family Farm
>>
>>384948420

>Outlaws to the end
>>
File: ded.png (185KB, 538x390px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
185KB, 538x390px
>>384948994
Same, I lost the save before the Johns death. The comfy moments of riding around as John and returning to your home by night to hang with your kid, wife, and Uncle till everyone went to bed after some time by the fire were the greatest.
The Marston farm is maximum vidya comfy
>>
>>384945542
His voice is annoying.
>>
>>384950904
fuck omnigs.
>>
>>384948420
The government wasn't gonna leave him alone.
That's why he stays behind rather than running away with his family.
>>
>>384951473
You can deal all these things in real life with a real family you loser
>>
>>384948420
It wouldn't fit with why you even go about the game anyways

The whole driving force of the plot is that Ross forces John to hunt his old crew down in exchange for his family. You learn of how ruthless Ross is and his disdain for the old West and it's ways so it's fitting for him to betray John and stomp out Dutch's crew completely.

Dutch's death also heavily foreshadows this
>>
>>384945817
Blame Rockstar.
>>
>>384947724
You've opened my eyes anon
>>
He looks ugly as hell and sounds like a teenage edgylord.
>>
>>384952684
I don't think it's known if the government would have left him alone after his family was returned. It was Ross who was ultimately responsible for leading the assault and he is shown to be a fierce believer of ends justifying the means.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.