[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo upside down censorship rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Bayonetta.jpg (134KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta.jpg
134KB, 1600x900px
>Bayonetta was allowed on wii u

>A literal pole dancer was allowed on the wii u

Who decided this? i cannot mention all the other shit nintendo will censor but this is some how allowed.
>>
>>384945391
Bayonetta is a M rated game.
Nintendo has no issues publishing M rated games.

The issue is that T and A rated games get censored because stuff in them is apparently not age appropriate outside of japan.

Look at every single game that did get censorship and tell me the Rating on the box.

Compare that to all the violent games that dint get censorship.

Like Zombie U or NG3 Razors edge.

Now i dont approve of censorship but its just how it is.
>>
>>384945391
Kamiya would have been pissed, and he's a bit of a prima donna when it comes to game integrity. See him trash talking MS for example over sb.
>>
There is nothing wrong with corporate censorship, it's only a problem when it's government mandated. You are all a bunch of wolf-crying virgins.
>>
>>384945391
This isn't the 80's/90's. Nintendo doesn't police game content anymore. Developers can put out anything that isn't AO rated.
>>
>>384946456
I still dont get why people care so fucking much.

Companies used to censor entire scenes or blood in games stuff that effected the story and people ware somehow ok whit that.
But now when they make games less sexualised but dont touch the story its the end of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9OYyPIYNk
>>
>>384945391
>being surprised at any rated M game on a Nintendo console after Bad Fur Day
the only thing that will top Conker would be a full on alt-right ethnic cleansing pan-European nationalism game
>>
Can we just get all of the retards who know nothing about the constitution crying about "MUH FREEZE PEACH" out of the way out the gate so we can have a real discussion?
>>
>>384945947
Fatal Frame on Wii-U
>>
>>384947340
NoA is retarded, nothing to do with actual Nintendo.
>>
>>384947273
>muh freeze peach

go back to your shitty leftist subreddit
>>
>>384946968
Because some people will get the impression that they are getting a downgraded version with stuff removed of them.

Specially when they remove game mechanics, I dont know about Fire emblem stuff, but wasnt there a game that remove the entire "marriage" section of the game or something like that?
>>
>>384945391
It's easy, the problem isn't Nintendo, the problem is specifically NoA.
NoA does the censoring, while Nintendo's HQ in Japan is the one approving of games like Bayonetta.
>>
>>384945391
>A literal pole dancer
But she said she should've been a pole dancer.
>>
What is No More Heroes?
>>
>>384945391
I feel like Nintendo's censorship practices got worse as the WiiU went on.
>Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors had women in skimpy outfits uncensored in US
>Xenoblade X had the 13 year old get censored, but the adults left untouched, save for the fundoshi which was censored for everyone
>Fatal Frame had the underwear costumes removed, had ZSS costume as a concession
>#FE censored anything and everything, even if the costume was already modest or the censorship made no anatomical sense
>FE: Fates took a minigame and the skimpy outfits out, replaced them with nothing and went as far to rewrite entire support conversations, some of which ended up completely blank.
>>
>>384948910
i refuse to ackowledge this
>>
1 & 2 on the switch when? I wanna play 'em
>>
i wish bayonetta would __
>>
>>384949812
>#FE censored anything and everything
false
>>
>>384945391
Bayonetta was a desperate attempt by them to show that Nintendo and the WiiU could be a consolse for "mature" people too. Since the Wii was heavily sold to children and families
>>
>>384945391
NoJ approved it, platinum localized it. NoA is the retards, notice how bayonetta and devils third were not censored and localized by third parties and the games that do get ensored are done by the treehouse
>>
File: hideki_kamiya.jpg (17KB, 340x192px) Image search: [Google]
hideki_kamiya.jpg
17KB, 340x192px
>>384945391
>>
>>384954546
NoA DID get the Playboy deal for Bayonetta 2. Which is still surprising.

Also, Alison Rapp was the person in charge of that.
>>
>>384945391
NoA wasn't involved

It was NoJ and Platinum games
Literally the most legendary team
>>
>>384954980
she was also the one who made fun of people who complained about censorship
>>
>>384951827
Oh what a day.
>>
>>384945391
Reminder Nintendo was fully willing to allow the government to step in and censor games just to get rid of Sega.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.