[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to discuss the best rpg of the decade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: ELEX.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ELEX.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
It's time to discuss the best rpg of the decade
>>
File: 1500777164719.gif (2MB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1500777164719.gif
2MB, 500x490px
>>384944789
I just want to play an RPG with real combat that isn't something dated like New Vegas or any of other Risen and Gothic titles.
>>
>>384945308
Combat mechanics are not the main focus of RPGs. You're better off looking at other genres for that particular fix.
>>
I really hope this is good, interested in it.
>>
>>384945308
Risen 1 has the best combat mechanics out of any action RPGs ever made, you are retarded.
>>
>>384945843
It really sucks when some butt pirate replies to your post and he thinks his opinions are facts.
>>
File: 1499908831828.png (475KB, 580x815px) Image search: [Google]
1499908831828.png
475KB, 580x815px
>>384946112
Did you just sperg out before you finished reading my post? I've played Risen 1, I didn't say the combat was a stinky doo doo, I just said the game felt dated, and that's my opinion, faglord. Try breathing in and really reading a post before smashing your keyboard in anger to form a reply.
>>
>>384945963
its not, the game play clips look goofy af
>>
>>384946117
It's true though. The games you mentioned are all genre mashups. There are barely any pure RPGs these days.
>>
>>384946504
I'm not going to argue semantics with some man-monkey on a Mongolian horse-riding forum.
>>
>>384945963
There is zero chance it will be good.
>>
>>384946368
>game felt dated
More like your ass felt dated after all the nigger 12-inchers you took, nigger bitch. Risen 1 cannot feel dated, because it features advanced combat mechanics not present even in action games like Dark Souls: manual attack trajectory input and trajectory based dodging instead of i-frame dodging. If anything, Risen 1 was and still is way ahead of its time when it comes to combat mechanics, only an action game like Blade of Darkness had the mechanics Risen has, but, again, it was a pure action game, not a RPG.

Again, you are fucking retarded, go walk through a window.
>>
>>384946503
I just took a look, definitely looks a bit dated/goofy, but it doesn't look bad, although I know the trailers are going to try to show the best stuff.
>>
File: gundulf.gif (55KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
gundulf.gif
55KB, 400x200px
>>384946813
there is always hope anon
>>
>>384946746
Not semantics. Factual classifications of games based on the mechanics featured in them.
>>
>>384944789
elex will be 8.5 material

elex 2 will be the best rpg ever
>>
File: 1500667300533.jpg (54KB, 552x795px) Image search: [Google]
1500667300533.jpg
54KB, 552x795px
>>384946854
>GRRR I RESPOND WITH ANGER EVERY TIME I DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE GRRR

You need to learn how to not devolve into the mentality of an angry man-child every time you are exposed to someone else's opinion. You couldn't even read my post properly because you were so upset. The game in general feels dated to me, it's my opinion, and I don't really care about yours.
>>
File: 14974706867690.jpg (20KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
14974706867690.jpg
20KB, 300x224px
>>384947237
>The game in general feels dated to me
Good thing your opinion is irrelevant trash then, since it's based on muh feefees and not actual arguments. Neck yourself.
>>
File: 1489254526382.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1489254526382.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>384947526
Same as yours.

*teleports behind you*
*unzips katana*

Psh.
>>
>>384947691
>>384947691
>Same as yours.
Good thing I didn't post an opinion then, I posted facts. No action RPG has the combat mechanics as advanced as Risen 1 has and I've already explained why, now go fuck yourself, shitstain.
>>
That's not Underrail or Wasteland 2.
>>
>>384944789
Clerics best faction.
>>
>>384946112
>Risen 1
>a game where everyone including the okayer basically teleports around during combat
>where two-handed swords are inferior to one-handed and maxing out the skill rewards you with wielding two-handed swords in one hand like it was some kind of animu
>best combat system

Nice joke, mate.
>>
>>384949401
Did we play a different game?
>>
>>384949401
>everyone including the okayer basically teleports around during combat
I'm guessing you're talking about dodge moves, in which case you're wrong. "Teleportation" implies i-frames while Risen 1 dodging is purely trajectory based: you CANNOT dodge INTO an incoming attack in Risen 1 similar to how you can in Dark Souls, since there are no i-frames.

>where two-handed swords are inferior to one-handed
Wrong. Two handed swords provide superior reach and, in a game where there are no i-frames and no humanoid creature has anything similar to "poise", reach is extremely important, since it allows you to hit your enemies from outside their attack range and interrupt any action they're doing, unless you're fighting something like a fucking ogre.

>maxing out the skill rewards you with wielding two-handed swords in one hand like it was some kind of animu
>bastard swords are now animu
You're one retarded mongoloid, aren't you?

TL;DR: you know nothing of the game you're discussing, you are factually wrong and your opinion is trash. Neck yourself.
>>
>>384950130
>"Teleportation" implies i-frames

No. You are taking "teleportation" literally. The only thing I'm implying by it is that the animation for dodging is retardedly fast and covers too much ground. This is especially noticeable while you are fighting in the arena, where four dodges will get you from one corner to the opposite. It looks like shit, and it doesn't feel right to slide around like everything is on ice.

>you are factually wrong

Says the person who doesn't even know what maxing out the sword skill does in the game.

>bastard swords are now animu

You know, you might even have an argument if mentioning bastard swords had anything to do with what I was complaining about.

Sword skill level 6: wield bastard swords in one hand
Sword skill level 9: wield two-handed swords in one hand

The ultimate sword perk is combining the reach of two-handed swords with the speed of one-handed.
>>
File: 1302130261353.jpg (60KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1302130261353.jpg
60KB, 512x512px
>>384948078
>muh i-frames
>muh superiour dodge

alright, jokes aside.
combat in risen usually revolves around dodging an attack and counter attacking, instead of being mobile or just breaking your enemies guards.

it breaks down to the same strategy for each enemy type.

how is this fun gameplay?
>>
File: rusty-two.jpg (74KB, 448x344px) Image search: [Google]
rusty-two.jpg
74KB, 448x344px
>>384952282
>It looks like shit
>doesn't feel right
>muh feefees
Kill yourself, mongoloid.

>doesn't even know what maxing out the sword skill does in the game.
Oh, but I do, shitstain. You have implied that using two handed swords with one hand is unrealistic and were given an IRL counter-example that proves you're wrong.

You might have had an argument, if two-handers in Risen 1 were anime styled dildos, but they're not. Picrelated is a two-handed sword in Risen 1 and it looks barely longer than your typical English longsword, it's actually pretty similar to a bastard sword in length. There is nothing wrong with wielding such a weapon one handed, but it does require some skill and practice IRL, which is reflected in the skill requirements in the game.

>The ultimate sword perk is combining the reach of two-handed swords with the speed of one-handed.
So the ultimate sword perk is equivalent to mastering the bastard sword IRL? Sounds good to me.

>>384952895
>being mobile
Dodging attacks is "being mobile", dumbfuck. You don't run around in actual combat just for the purpose of "being mobile".

>breaking your enemies guards.
You do know that enemies can both block and parry in Risen 1, right? You do know that Risen 1 has power attacks that break guards, right?

>same strategy for each enemy type
Wrong. Different enemy types require different strategies. Animals are, for example, unparriable and can be blocked only with a shield. They require an absolutely different approach compared to humanoid enemies who can parry your attacks.

TL;DR: you're both dumbfucks with zero understanding of the game.
>>
>>384954802
>and can be blocked only with a shield
And even if you block those animals that are blockable (like those giant gorillas, I forgot what their names are), since not each and every animal/monster can be blocked, you don't really get a frame advantage, so you have to rely on pure dodge and range based strategies against them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.