[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we at least agree that this game was terrible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg (62KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg
62KB, 250x310px
can we at least agree that this game was terrible?
>>
>>384944226
It's not that bad. People shit on things waayy too fast these days.
>>
>>384944226
I'd rather play this than XV any day.
>>
No.
I trusted /v/ about this for years, only to find out it's actually pretty damn alright.
>>
>>384945152
its borseshjt what imcould poasibly be fun about it? and dont say "it gets good after 20 hours" either
>>
>>384944226
Unironically dropped halfway through. I also cut every cutscene post one hour game. Fucking drag of story with shit characters that don't live up to their narrations.
>muh badass girl who needs no one who isn't really all that badass in combat and needs everybody else
>whiny kid who can't do shit who actually is a bretty good combatant
>epic hero who can't do shit
AND THEY REPEAT THE SAME DIALOGUE A BAZILLION TIMES!
>>
>>384944226
hownew.ru
>>
The soundtrack was 10/10. Everything else was bad. The sequels were both infinitely better.
>>
>>384944226
The music was great, overall the game is average but I had enough fun to complete it. Far better than what most people say.
>>
File: 1497780457676.png (230KB, 500x913px) Image search: [Google]
1497780457676.png
230KB, 500x913px
>>384945694
>xiii2 was infinitely better.
>>
>>384944226
Literally the only game I've ever asked a refund for.
>>
>>384945379
It's doesn't really deviate too much from previous Final fantasy models. I would think any fan of Final Fantasy would at least get into it.
>>
>>384944226
Still better than XV. At least the soundtrack was good.
>>
>>384946301
are you saying based god jesse cox is wrong?
>>
>>384946301
Are you implying XV soundtrack is bad?

nigga what the fuck.
>>
>>384944226
No. It was pretty good.
>>
>>384944226
I liked it, battle system was good
>>
>>384944226
There was a pretty good and funny review about it in the IGN comment sections until those fucking jews changed the comment system and all the comments from reviews are now gone, i didn't even save it
>>
>>384945916
>better protagonists
>better antagonist
>faster combat
>non-linear
>actual sidequests
>hotter main character
>>
File: youwot.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
youwot.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>384945152
>People shit on things waayy too fast these days
>game came out 8 years ago

lad, its time to revaluate on how shit your taste is
>>
>>384945379
>great graphics
>awesome OST
>one of the most fun battle systems in series
>great cast
>fascinating world and lore
>great enemy design
>even better sequels
>>
it was better than the two spin offs and i liked it
>>
>>384944226
One of worst games I've ever played. Sure functionally it works, there's no massive glitches or anything, but I've never seen a game be so bland on so many levels. Boring environments, badly written story, awful characters and tedious combat. I've never been able to get more than a dozen hours in because the game is just so fucking mind numbing to play
>>
>>384945984
>Didn't deviate
They went for a terrible melding of action and turn-based making the combat both lame, spammy, boring, and requiring even less skill than before. The setting/plot negated towns or major scenery type changes making the entire game FEEL linear as shit - most every game is pretty linear but at least they don't feel like you're actually just walking on a path the entire game. Also the leveling system was pointless.
Only thing the game did right was the look and feel of the UI, and the music wasn't half bad even without Uematsu
>>
>>384944226
No, it has the best/second best battle system in the series, the second best localization/presentation, and the absolute best soundtrack.
>>
>>384946989
>I've never been able to get more than a dozen hours in
>criticizes story and characters
sure is hypocrite and prejudiced idiocy here
>>
>>384947013
I love FF and have been playing it since the first game on NES and you're kidding yourself if you think 13 is spammier than the rest of the series. You can mash attack between bosses in most of the game in the series.
>>
>>384947201
This.
People only like to bitch about 13 because it hides the series typical designs even less than before. No, the majority previous games were not exactly "open world" or "non linear" at all, and most fights were indeed just smashing X.
>>
>>384944226
You can't understand what the fuck is going on unless you read the fucking datalog, that is how BAD the narrative is, on top of that every character is whinny and unlikeable except for snow who seems to be mentally retarded, combat system is literally spam the autoattack after you analize them with that shitty power that find weaknesses.
>>
>>384947121
>You need to eat the ENTIRE shit before you can talk about it
>You obviously liked it if you played the entire thing
>>
>>384947121
That's why I said it was badly written but didn't comment on the actual story. The story could be good for all I know but the atrocious writing and annoying characters aren't convincing me to give it a chance
>>
>>384946874
>>hotter main character
all you had to say waifufaggot
>>
File: DFaa9QqXkAErLeU.jpg (140KB, 895x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFaa9QqXkAErLeU.jpg
140KB, 895x1200px
Having a linear game isn't bad. It works to FFX's advantage.

The battle system and regrouping of the cast should have happened at Disc 2

As well as Pulse having actual people alive aside from Fang and Vanille. I thought Disc 1 was mostly fine, I loved how the Aster Protoflorarian and Odin would kick your shit in if you didn't have a grasp of the combat mechanics.
>>
>>384947465
Yeah you can justify it with as many greentext maymays as you want, but playing a mere 1/10th if a game seldom gives you the full picture of the entire experience. Unless you play EA or Bethesda shit, that is.

>>384948869
>Disc 2
oh right, I forgot they made an Xbox 360 port of too.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.