[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a new desk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Turns out the IKEA Bekant is a wobbly piece of shit, I need a new desk. Anyone have any suggestions for a simple but very solid table?
>>
File: 1499131600216.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499131600216.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
I too am interested in a new desk, preferably with no draws and can attach a clamp for my monitor arms on the back.
>>
This is the best looking option I've found so far unfortunately:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gladiator-6-ft-Hardwood-Top-Adjustable-Height-Workbench-in-Hammered-Granite-GAWB06HWEG/206390573
>>
Unless you did a shitty job building it. I never had wobbly issues with my Bekant.
>>
>>384941525
Buy a 4-set of welded hairpin legs from Amazon, go to a local wood supplier and get a nice piece of hard wood and some thin quatersawn decorative wood for a top.
Shit will cost you less than 200$, be incredibly stable, built to the dimensions you need, look better than >>384942764 while being comparably stable.
>>
>>384942907
The problem with the bekant is that it only has two legs. No matter how tight you lock everything up (I just got done re-assembling it to make sure everything was super tight), the top of the desk will have some give to it. As a result, my monitor and everything else wobble like crazy. I have the 23x55" version which is narrower, so that could be part of it too.
>>
i bought one similar to this from homedepot
cheap, working fine and doesn't look that bad. been using for 2+ years now without any problem

http://www.homedepot.com/p/SAUDER-Beginnings-Cinnamon-Cherry-Desk-with-Storage-408726/205437114

although if you are using a mid to big size tower it won't fit like in the picture, i just put my speaker there and the pc somewhere else
>>
Go to any staples/office depots. They have tables and chairs on sale almost year round
>>
>>384943713
forgot to mention that every time i buy these stuff from ikea or homedepot i did some extra to reinforce them than just the normal assembly to make them last much much longer with extra nail, glue etc
>>
If IKEA's THYGE is anything like their old GALANT desks, try that. I have had one for nearly ten years and while, yeah, it does wobble, I don't even notice it while in the middle of working or playing games.

The 'A' legs are sturdier than 'T' leg desks.
>>
>>384943317
This. Expensive, but doesn't wobble, looks amazing, can hold a ton of shit, indestructible, etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.