[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think a game being fun is more important than it being good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hmmmm.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Do you think a game being fun is more important than it being good?
>>
If a game is good then it will be fun.
>>
If a game is fun, it's probably good.
If a game is good, it's probably fun.
>>
Fun > Quality
>>
absolutely.
as an example fallout 4 is one of the worst games ive ever played.
Still enjoyed it to death though and will probably continue to play it for years.
>>
>>384940845
Both are subjective.

But objectively most 'good' (well-designed/polish/gamplay) games are fun.
>>
>>384940904
There are thousands of good games that aren't fun
Witcher... Witcher 3. That's a good game. People say it's a great game. The best game of 2015. Here's the thing though, mum. It's not fun.
>>
There's a shit ton of PS1 and PS2 generation games that are built, run, and look, like shit

They're also fun as fuck
>>
>>384940845
why the fuck would i play a game if it isn't fun
>>
>>384940956
only right answer

some badly designed or not as good game can be "fun", but for different reasons. but like you said, most well designed/good games are "fun".
>>
If a game isn't fun it isn't good and it isn't good if it isn't fun
>>
>>384940845
reggie_if_its_not_fun.gif
>>
>>384940949
Fallout 4 is the biggest slog I've ever played in my life.
>>
>>384940845
what a stupid fucking question from a normie meme loving faglord kys
>>
File: 1401803484575.gif (2MB, 139x215px) Image search: [Google]
1401803484575.gif
2MB, 139x215px
>>384940845
A bad game can be entertaining, I just think that bad games with charm can be as entertaining as bad movies charm (see also The Room).
It's just that the cost of a movie ticket is much less than the cost of the average game and you're expected to invest more time to get your enjoyment.
>>
>>384941039
>There are thousands of good games that aren't fun
Then they've failed as games then.
>>
>>384941356
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>384940845
How can a game be good if it's not fun? The whole point of a game is to be fun.
>>
>>384940845
Fun is more subjective than good. It's generally agreed that resident evil remake is good, for example, but a lot of people would think the item management is anti-fun. The people that do like it, however, love it. If you prioritize fun over good, many people will like it but few will love it. If you try to make it good, you'll end up with many people hating it and many people loving it.
To use a movie example, marvel studios prioritizes fun over good. Sure, a lot of people like their movies, but they contribute nothing to the medium, and only retards will say it's their favorite.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.