[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't anybody come up with a better strategy game on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: This has never been topped.jpg (21KB, 246x352px) Image search: [Google]
This has never been topped.jpg
21KB, 246x352px
Why hasn't anybody come up with a better strategy game on the PC?
>Campaign and battle maps- almost two games in one
>Carefully curating your army to tailor it for the given situation
>The godly soundtrack
>IMPERATOR?
>>
>he thinks total war isn't baby's first strategy game
>>
also the campaign map was way better in MTW
>>
File: 1494112217515.jpg (78KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
1494112217515.jpg
78KB, 1024x934px
>We could've had a Rome Total War game with better grafics, more troops, more provinces to conquer and better trading and AI
>Instead we got Rome 2

Not even DeI can fix what an atrocious game it is.
>>
>>384933892
deeper than any of its successors too, more mechanics than the trash total war games we have today
>>
Still fun to play through today, with Medieval 2 coming in 2nd, and Shogun 2 after. God I just wanted Rome 2 to be the first game with better graphics and more immersive combat, and they had to add so much unnecessary trash to it. COmpare the final game to this incredible E3 trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJTTsDiqDeY
>>
sorry meant to post the incredible Carthage gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws
>>
Of all the ones I played, my ranging is

Medieval: Total war > Shogun: Total War > Rome: Total war > Medieval 2: Total war > Attila: Total war > Total war: Rome 2 > Napoleon: Total war

I just love the Shogun and medieval 1 campaing map, and Medieval 1's campaign map music was very good even if limited. I think they reused some parts of it for the Witcher 3 Skellige soundtrack.
>>
>Total War
>Good
>>
>>384934464
Do you think we'll get a Rome 3?
>>
>>384936350
god i hope so, but i want it done right and to have photorealistic graphics/immersion. If we do it will be at least 10+ years
>>
>>384936592
Man me too. I was so excited for Rome II, and was just so equally disappointed. Its got so much potential. It's not the worst game ever, but they really dropped the ball.
>>
Which was the best Roman faction? I really enjoyed the Julii campaign the most, but I would imagine the Scipii would militarily be the superior faction based on its ability to create the best Roman ships.
>>
>>384935858
Why would you rank the terrible rome 2 and atilla over Napoleon? Napoleon was great, especially for multiplayer
>>
Hellatorius

Victorialis
>>
>>384937893
I can hear it in my head.
>>
>>384937579
I always felt like the Brutii? We're the easiest. Grabbing up all of Greece just gave you so many ports that printed denarii.
>>
>>384937605
Gunpowder total war isn't fun
>>
>>384938016
Rome is for plebian tier players, play as shitty eastern factions is for patricians
>>
>>384938404
winning as Brittania is the real man's challenge
>>
>>384938525

Not at all. You have Brittania to fall back on and you can roll over everyone easily with your chariots.
>>
>>384938067

Wrong! Wrong you asshole!

Napoopan and FotS were two of the best entries to the series. I like both styles of combat.
>>
>>384938803
>Napoopan and FotS were two of the best entries to the series.
what about Attila? is that one good? because I am new to the series and I bought Attila because of the setting
>>
>>384934015
In my case it literally was. 4 years old playing it on my dads pc up in the attic, good times.
>>
File: 1499535984562.jpg (74KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1499535984562.jpg
74KB, 960x717px
>>384938965
I've heard Attila is actually pretty damn good (I own it but haven't played it enough) and a good corrective step after the shitshow that was Rome 2. Historically a super underrated setting.

If you like Attila and you like medieval shit definitely play Medieval 2 Total War. Rome 1 is fucking great but it's like 15 years old and shows it's age.
>>
>>384933892

There was so many small things that set Rome 1 aside from Rome 2, but the sound department was one of the most important for me. Rome 2's soundtrack really did not live up to Rome 1's at all, felt really forgettable.
>>
>>384937579
Julii is the only faction that makes me feel truly Roman.
>>
>>384940996
I got sick of Attila very quickly mostly because of VA. Not only do the Barbarians sound like shit, but given that barbarians of different origin and 95% of the game CA REALLY thought they could get away with using the same voice for every faction.
>>
>>384938965

Attila was a drastic correction from Rome 2. In a good way.

If I had one gripe about the game it's that units die very quickly. Fortunately there are mods galore to tweak this.
>>
>Historyfags

Warhammer is the best.
>>
>>384942427
I love warhammer battles and unit variety but my favourite part of the games has always been the campaign map. Sadly the campaign in WH is simplified to a ridiculous extent and has very little to manage
>>
>>384935252
>deeper than any of its successors

Erm, you might consider it more tight-controlling or faster, but it does not have more features or variables than its successors.
>>
>>384941179
That's probably due to the red colour-association.
>>
>>384942634

The campaign map has always been an afterthought. If that's what you like you're playing the wrong series. Get you some EU4.
>>
>>384942427
>fanfiction - the board game
>>>/tg/
>>
>>384943017
Campaign map in Attila or modded R2 has plenty going for it and I do still want battles.
>>
??
>>
File: 1499079185310.jpg (170KB, 700x644px) Image search: [Google]
1499079185310.jpg
170KB, 700x644px
>>384933892
HELLATORIUS VICTORIALIS
ERASTUS NECESSITAS
HONARARIUS DESPONDEO
SPIRITUS
OBDORMIO
>>
>>384943436
>that pic

WE
>>
>TRIARII
Shame they killed the voice in R2. Are there any mods that swap unit voices to the old ones?
>>
>>384943436

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mteXyjwmBqs

honestly replacing the r2 soundtrack with the original one does wonders for the game
>>
>>384943682
looks fine to me fagit
>>
>>384933892
I started with medieval 1 and I'd rather play that or medieval 2 or shogun 2 or warhammer or atilla. I guess what I'm trying to say is the roman time period and aesthetic is garbage.
>>
>>384935738
>You won't ever be able to improvise and pull off some of the crazy Caesar shit in a total war game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.