/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a mary sue, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

Was he a mary sue, /v/?
>>
He wasn't in 2, they wounded him, also the delivery made it sound like he had emotions, unlike his RE4 version which was a quip machine
>>
Youre hand comes off?
>>
File: leon vs ashley2.jpg (469KB, 1274x1056px) Image search: [Google]
leon vs ashley2.jpg
469KB, 1274x1056px
>>384928413
Video game protagonists cannot be mary sues by nature of the medium. Their overall worth is not dictated by the writing behind them or the story they play a part in, but by how much the player enjoyed filling his or her shoes.

There are some cases, like Starkiller from Force Awakens, where the character can be a mary sue in the context of the multi-medium fictional universe they are inhabiting, but it has little bearing on the actual character and the player's enjoyment of them.
>>
File: 1499817801334.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1499817801334.gif
2MB, 350x197px
a mary sue could probably get laid
>>
>>384928775
>Video game protagonists cannot be mary sues by nature of the medium.

They can be depending on how they are presented. Cutscenes, QTE, backstory and infodump text create a story that the character can be a Mary Sue. The only thing that is out of bounds for analysis is the gameplay. The gameplay is free form and has to be unrealistic so that the player has the ability control the win/lose outcome.
>>
No because he was fun
Making a character, especially the protagonist exceptional is kinda essential to the story. Not going into the fact that everyone has a different definition of "Mary sue". Leon is different from say...Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates because not only does he have to work to change the world around him compared to Corrin where the world changes to suit their whims, but they Leon feels like a human being with goals and flaws despite his talents unlike Corrin who's so perfect at everything and anyone who doesn't like him is the devil incarnate
>>
File: Punished Leon.gif (524KB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Leon.gif
524KB, 250x160px
If he was a mary sue he would have given Ada the dick.
>>
>>384928413
Kinda but that made the whole experience more fun as a shameless action story
>>
>>384929138
wrong
>>
>>384929161
Corrin wasn't a mary sue. He couldn't do anything right.
>>
File: 20170720001038_1.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170720001038_1.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
if he hadn't been a human talk capable of surviving anything thrown at him the story would have been a lot more boring
>>
File: witcher-3-steelbook-5.jpg (323KB, 710x996px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-3-steelbook-5.jpg
323KB, 710x996px
>>384928775
I hear Geralt mentioned when this topic comes up.

Mainly because he's a magical dual-wielding jack of all trades, who bros it up with all the kings in the land, and has mutatgen powers that make him reviled by the public except not really because all the attractive ladies in the story are into him.
>>
>>384932726
I can honestly say that I would have enjoyed the story of Witcher way more if Geralt was less of a pussy magnet and got into more problems caused by his attuned moral compass.
>>
File: re4-nope.gif (4MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
re4-nope.gif
4MB, 400x224px
>>384929310
Yeah, you're saving the president's daughter while exchanging wacky one-liners with pseudo-mutant Napoleon Bonaparte. It was pretty tongue-in-cheek.
>>
>>384932726
Geralt is the perfect example of a video game Mary Sue.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.