[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, /v/ Do you savescum?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: 1483766677198.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1483766677198.gif
1MB, 257x200px
Be honest, /v/
Do you savescum?
>>
sometimes
>>
As soon as there is some grinding requirement in a game i start the cheat engine
>>
File: you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg (26KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg
26KB, 500x364px
Yes
>>
>>384916860
This
>>
Yes of course, unless the game is devoid of bullshit artificial difficulty. I didn't savescum STALKER on the hardest setting, but I sure as hell savescummed XCOM.
>>
File: 1471876988612.png (128KB, 604x330px) Image search: [Google]
1471876988612.png
128KB, 604x330px
>>384916805
Yes.
>>
I think I kinda do, yeah

Define savescumming
>>
only in old games with archaic or non-existent save systems
>>
at times yes
my autism compels me to 100% no miss and perfect everything
>>
Yup. Its honestly one of the ways I have the most fun with games. Playing an old FPS I will sometimes repeat encounters trying to lose as little health as possible until I make it through nearly unscathed.

I also do it in games with bullshit combat and/or npcs who easily die like Fallout 1/2, otherwise my autism would prevent me from ever finishing them.
>>
Depends on the game. I have managed to quit savescumming in strategy games like Civ and EU but whenever I play an old RPG with bullshit insta-death style stuff, I frequently save and reload and even use savestates to my heart's content. Aside from the savestates, it's how people just played games back then.
>>
Yeah
>>
>>384916805
Absolutely I did in FF8 trying to get every card in the game. It's a well known fact that rng plays a huge factor in which cards are played and what rules are spread or abolished. Fuck going through that nonesense.
>>
File: 1500761906504.jpg (313KB, 4685x2457px) Image search: [Google]
1500761906504.jpg
313KB, 4685x2457px
>>384916805
Why shouldn't I use a game feature? its like asking "do you jump in mario?"
>>
>>384916805
yes... Now please stop showing me your penis, sir
>>
>>384916860
>>384917075
that's what drug addict would answer on "substance abuse" question
>>
>>384917118
I'm the opposite, I did savescum STALKER on hardest but always play XCOM on Ironman

Ironman is the way it's meant to be played, anon
>>
>>384916805
I do if the game allows me to. In games that allow you to save at any point in time I never know when to save so I just mash quick save ever 10-20 minutes and make save when I'm about to get into some serious shit.

It's so easy and convenient to reload a save mere moments before something catastrophic happens. It's something the game provides you. I've attempted to do runs where I don't abuse the save system in games but the I end up regretting it even more by realizing my save is really far back and I lost a shit ton of progress.

It's honestly a really shitty system. It's a lazy way for developers to inplement saving. They need to have dedicated save areas or automate the entire save and checkpoint process.

Save scumming is honestly more of a developer issue rather than a player issue.
>>
>>384916805
I used to till I discovered that only saving in safe places like towns just before entrying a dungeon is more fun than savescumming.
>>
>>384916805
I remember shutting off my console whenever I'd come close do dying in demon souls and that would just put be outside the boss area unharmed. does that count?

otherwise idk. I rarely play games where you can save at will and if I do I usually forget to save often
>>
>>384916805
On games with very high variance in the form of direct probabilities. Its hard to play fo1/2 without savescumming because theres a chance you just get into an unwinnable situation (many enemies can 100-0 burst you w/o counterplay if shit luck)
>>
>>384916805
I will when I'm getting to know a new Total War game. Then all new runs afterward will not have it
>>
depends on how bullshit the game is and how much I care about having a "pure" run
>Crusader Kings II
I always run Ironman to prevent myself from cheating. Keeps the game interesting to rebound from bad situations.
>Civilization III/IV/V
very rarely do I reload a save, mostly to prevent myself from wasting hours of my time on a single stupid mistake that I probably wouldn't recover from
>Sengoku Rance
I will reload like a mother fucker
>>
>>384916805
only in gaes that allow me to save scum.
I don't go making backups to cheat.
>>
>>384916805
If you play a Bethesda game, savescumming is a must tbqh desu.
>>
Yes. I don't have to prove my abilities to anyone when I play a single player game.
If the game is hard because of reasonings that could be solved by savescumming (such as RNG, blind jumps, long-ass distances between save spots) it's not a well designed game by my standards.
I won't though if it takes too long to process a save, or to load.
>>
>>384916805
Definitely.
>>
>>384917841
>Feature
The only games where savescumming was considered a feature were the old Sierra games and that's because those games had a lot of bullshit, actual bullshit.
>>
File: Dyna_&_Tillo%27s_Nest.png (381KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
Dyna_&_Tillo%27s_Nest.png
381KB, 800x610px
In Dark Souls II if you drop certain items in a bird's nest you get more valuable items back. I would save scum to upgrade my weapons.
>>
Only if I think the game was being unfair or if I'm deliberately doing something stupid to see what happens.
>>
Yep.
>>
judy
>>
File: PhillipJeffries.jpg (129KB, 1725x1145px) Image search: [Google]
PhillipJeffries.jpg
129KB, 1725x1145px
>>384921741
What the fuck did you just say you piece of shit?
>>
>>384920420
It is a feature, there's no rules dictating how to use it and when to use it. It's part of the game and a shitty feature. Games need to implement actual save systems and mechanics. Not just a bullshit system that gives the dev less work.
>>
>>384917394
I do this with any cinematic game, like anything from naughty dog. Its a lot harder for me to stay true to what a "canon" play through would be in games like dishonored
>>
>>384918783
The counterplay is to invest in luck dumbass.
>>
File: feels-bad-man-nigga-good.png (145KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
feels-bad-man-nigga-good.png
145KB, 800x670px
>>384916805
yes and its something you should be proud of
>>
>>384916805
after every knockdown in thief games. it just takes so much time to run back to shadow and wait for the cycle to continue if i fail and its worthless.
>>
File: 1375904411907.png (280KB, 804x768px) Image search: [Google]
1375904411907.png
280KB, 804x768px
>>384918206
>your entire campaign implodes because your soldier misses a 90% shot
>>
>>384927557
The game isn't tense or interesting otherwise
>>
I have before, and I will again if I feel like checkpoints aren't good enough or star gains are too rng. I'm not playing games for the sake of grinding or to have to do the first half of the same mission over and over again.
>>
>>384927606
Yeah, I play Ironman too, but I've had to start a new campaign like 10 times the last time I played it

>first mission
>all is well

>second mission
>rookie manages to run into 10 advent troopers, 3 sectoids and a StuG IV in one movement
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.