[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Nintendo want to be seen as the kiddy company? Wii U

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: SI_GenericNintendo.jpg (73KB, 844x422px) Image search: [Google]
SI_GenericNintendo.jpg
73KB, 844x422px
Why does Nintendo want to be seen as the kiddy company? Wii U and Switch doesn't even have freaking Gta 5 in the year 2017 just like it didn't gta on the Gamecube days. Let's face it, Nintendo games are getting real old, what was recolutionary and great in 90's is fucking trash today, nobody expect retarded kids like pingpingwahoo anymore
>>
>>384910663
You sure sound like a fucking kid.
>>
I would like to see Nintendo take more risks with their IP's. Besides the waifu-baiting of Awakening, I think Fire Emblem really took off because they gave characters some actual voices and personality, which is a far cry from Wahoo and Tayaaa.

Hearing Bowser with his generic water gargling for the umpteenth time is so bland and uninteresting. Give him a damn voice, and infuse him with some personality.
>>
File: ninjaproductions.jpg (42KB, 680x499px) Image search: [Google]
ninjaproductions.jpg
42KB, 680x499px
Nintendo and Rockstar is not exactly on good terms, they were on bad terms to begin with due to Nintendo almost killing their company, and later when China town wars sales bombed pic related would be the current status of their relationship
>>
>>384911137
>>
I'm 26, almost 27. I wouldn't even dream of going out and picking up GTA. Yet I love my Switch.
>>
Sony fans in damage control since March 3, 2017.

Anti-bump.
>>
>>384913334
Companies don't work like that, anon. They know how popular Switch is and their game basically doesn't have any competition because of the brand name. GTAV will come to Switch but not their new games because hardware isn't powerful enough.
>>
>>384910663
Children are Nintendo's primary demographic.

Playstation panders to brown people, asians and the occasional normie white dude.

Not really sure what XBox panders to, maybe girls and people who have game systems bought for them or handed down.

Nintendo fills the little kid, autistic twenty-something that never adjusted from moving out of the house (presuming they even left the house to begin with).

Honestly, the PC Master Race isn't a meme. I will not view a person who "games" on a console as an actualized adult worthy of social parity.
>>
Nintendo of America is pushing that kiddy image. Nintendo of Japan has been straightening up and trying to broaden their horizons, but NoA can't handle that, which is why they're taking a direct approach in 'localization'.
>>
>>384910663
Why not?

There' s not a single "kids" game for xbox or ps4.
>>
File: member tekken customization.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
member tekken customization.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>384914685
>Companies don't work like that
you'd be surprised, Capcom hardly ever works with SNK anymore because of how hard CvS2 bombed despite the fact it was the greatest game ever made, reviewers still panned it because "MUH MOTIONS, MUH DIFFICULTY, MUH NO MODES!!!"
>>
File: 1499652268533.jpg (89KB, 840x595px) Image search: [Google]
1499652268533.jpg
89KB, 840x595px
>>384910663
>>384910663
wii u and switch cant run gta v at least not as good as pc ps3 and xbox 360
>>
>>384914768
So instead of having fun in my Switch I should play what exactly on PC? The last PC games I enjoyed were Shogun 2 and Civ V. I don't know which was more recent, but both were years ago. PC gaming has been an absolute state for ages now.

I'm in my mid 20s, I'll be buying a house and getting married within the next year. Yet because you're some little autist I simply must be lying.
>>
>>384910663
A GTAV port would just make people notice how inferior their console is compared to the competition. They don't want that.
>>
File: cardog.jpg (53KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cardog.jpg
53KB, 400x300px
Does nu-/v/ not know what kids games actually are?
>>
>>384911137
Bowser has plenty of personality in the rpg games
>>
>>384910663
Because the other two have the market tapped outside of all ages titles.
>>
>>384915396
>I'll be buying a house and getting married within the next year.

Let me step outside of the bond of this pointless console war thread and congratulate you for your success. I mean, assuming you're not lying, of course.
>>
>>384915487
Putt Putt was a fun family game hindered by the fact it was marketed as a game for toddlers, such wasted potential. Nintendo is trying to make itself a "fun family company" yet they censor any bit of fun for the adults
>>
>>384915396
>my name is John and I hate every single one of you
>>
>>384915731
>fun family game
Putt Putt was literally a children's educational game series. For fuck's sake, Putt Putt Saves the Zoo? Putt Putt joins the Carnival?
>>
>>384913771
Well, the important thing with this game is that they tried with Bowser's voice.
>>
Nintendo games are about having good level design and generally good game design. What was good in the 90s is still good today. You just happen to not like it.
>>
>>384916110
>Voice
Who gives a shit about voices. Learn to read ngiga.
>>
There was Bully from Rockstar on the Wii and it might be the best version of that game since it took real advantage of the Wiimote.
Which makes me wonder why they never actually took the risk of porting the insanely popular San Andreas on the system and it's probably because Nintendo doesn't want controversy at all.
>>
>>384915487
Holy Shit I remember this

I never thought I would see this on /v/ in my lifetime
>>
>>384910663
>man games have to be edgy and full of gore and cursing. That's so fucking cool and adult

t. 9 year old
>>
>>384910663
Because the Wii was a kiddy console and they tried to break away from that with the WiiU showing how fucking incompetent that are when they try to not be a kiddy company. GameCube was the end of the ride in terms of variety coming out of Nintendo.
>>
>>384918347
The "kiddie" meme has been going on since the N64 era, anon
>>
>>384919968
Because other systems had syphon filter and shit. I mean when Nintendo fully embraced it's kiddy shit would be Wii.

All the way to GameCube it had variety and flavor enough to fit as a "family" system but now it is almost exclusively kid shit.
>>
>>384910663

You sound like you're under 18
>>
>>384910663
>Why does Nintendo want to be seen as the kiddy company?
Gee I don't know

>three huge companies competing over the entire video game audience
>two of those companies focus on dudebro teens and are constantly clashing with eachother, while the younger audience is ignored

I'm not a bussinessman, but It's not hard to see where the money's at
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.