[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when snapmap was redeemed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 9

File: 20170701214930_1.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170701214930_1.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>Update 6.66
>ads singleplayer option removing network limitations
>almost endless posiblities for custom geo
>improved collision detection and avoiding for demons with blocking volumes

It only took them a fucking year but its good now, if you take the time to learn it and dont just snap rooms together and spawn some demons.
>>
What game is this.
>>
File: 1496773900947.gif (39KB, 240x266px) Image search: [Google]
1496773900947.gif
39KB, 240x266px
>>almost endless posiblities
Freedom or bust.
>>
I'd rather play wads.
>>
Nah the gameplay itself is shit and there is nothing you can do about that
>>
>>384905630
>>ads singleplayer option removing network limitations

So can you have more than 2 weapons and move like the singleplayer?
>>
>>384905630
>Free weekend
>Got them golds in arcade mode
>Cleaning house with the rocket launcher/super shotty in multiplayer and have already prestiged
Fun as heck game desu senpai.
>>
I've played multiplayer for about 20 hours this free weekend. It's actually pretty fun.
>>
>>384905630
Meh, everything I've tired on snapmap was trash. Are there any actually good maps?
>>
>>384906185
You can have more than two weapons for months now. You can actually have more weapons than the singleplayer because the weapon wheel has two pages to include MP weapons. Only people hating now want to or are misinformed. There's also been movement customization from the start.

>>384906313
Yes but you have to make them yourself or go to communities online actually trying to make good singleplayer content. Ive made some pretty good ones and had a blast doing so

>>384906013
DOOM snapmap, that one is featured on the front page right now.
>>
>>384906201
Once they started updating the MP and took the balancing seriously, it got good. They even have seperate balancing on PC than on console to compensate for the difference in aim.
>>
>>384906517
>Yes but you have to make them yourself or go to communities online actually trying to make good singleplayer content.

Do these actually exist?
>>
File: 20170417210933_1.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170417210933_1.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
>>384906261
The multiplayer has been top fun for months now, im happy people actually see that finally.

>>384906718
http://www.snapmaphub.com/
try the subredit too
>>
Can you use DLC weapons for single player or multiplayer maps made in SnapMap?
>>
>>384906903
That's pretty sad. Thanks anyway
>>
>>384905630
Can more than a dozen enemies exist at once?
>>
Can you create weapons or enemies?
Can you also make actual moving platforms, such as elevators or crushers?
>>
>>384905630
I was dicking around in trenchbroom and playing custom maps in UT4/D3 instead of the shitty D44M MP.
>>
>>384905630
>still stuck with pre-made, blocky maps
>still can't have 10000 revenants on map at once
>still cannot edit out Glory Kills and shit
no Zenimax-kun, your game in general is still shit.
Just call your boss and demand him to release a proper SDK already. It is not that hard.
>>
>>384907716
>*still stuck with pre-made, blocky rooms
FTFM, but still the same message
>>
>>384907223
>>384907475
I dont know how to respond to these posts. Im not saying its perfect, but you guys are clearly not asking honest questions about it and im not going to sit here and defend it like im in love, if you dont like it because of those flaws you're pretending not to know about then thats cool with me. Its a really really good console editor, not a PC moding tool. There are ways of working around the limitations if you're actually interested in Snapmap editing and not shitposting.

>>384907716
Yes you can disable glory kills on all demons or remove it as a player ability. The very picture I posted is a custom map, not premade blocks. The extents people will go to just to lie, I swear.

>>384907538
Woah thats awesome, good for you man!
>>
>>384908009
>I dont know how to respond to these posts.
So you want to avoid answering questions that would put (You)r product in a bad light. Got it.

It's a simple yes / no question.
If you can't even draw the level geometry manually, and have 256 enemies on the level right from the get-go without spawner tricks and lockdown rooms, then sorry - this shit is not an improvement in any way.

As long as you cannot 1:1 recreate Doom 1 and 2's maps with modern visuals with it, SM will remain as a poorman's TimeSplitter's map-creator clone.
>>
>>384908009
>asking if they removed the extremely small enemy limit is not an honest question

that's not fair
>>
Still 12 demons spawn at each moment, right?

That alone cripples almost ANYTHING you can think of doing because the AI spawner sometimes leaves some of them behind you and won't spawn new ones until it's killed and if your map isn't very controlled into killing each one of them you cannot advance properly.
>>
>>384908401
Doom 3 is still better.
>>
File: shot00322.jpg (901KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shot00322.jpg
901KB, 1920x1080px
>>384908843
Shame D3 MP scene is tiny now. I actually prefer it to Quake Live because there's no railgun.
>>
SnapMap is cool and good and all but the 12 enemies and the lack of controls to de-spawn enemies using memory is fucking stupid and console limitation thinking.

Still you can do really cool stuff with relative ease.
>>
>>384909036
>Shame D3 MP scene is tiny now.

I seem to recall MP being a ghost town no later than two weeks after launch
>>
>>384909176
Nah it's had a small but dedicated community. It even has its own promod more feature rich than CPMA.
>>
>>384905630
why do people hate doom 4 multi? it isnt trash, but it scratches a nice itch for me. it reminds me of dead space 2 multi. i wanna play it before its dead forever. i really like the freeze tag mode, but wish you would be unfrozen in the same spot rather than respawn somewhere else. playing as a demon makes me wonder how much better evolve could have been. really, ive been having a blast witht hwe gmae, but maybe thats cause i waited almost a year and all the content is out for only a quarter of the retail price.
>>
>>384908368
As soon as you imply im a "shill" im done with the conversation. I didnt answer because its easy to tell what kind of poster you are when you ask a sarcastic question you know the answer to. And people have done 1:1 recreations of Doom maps, geometry and all. There is no practical difference in controlling when a player sees a demon than if its spawned from the start. A modern model takes more processing power than a fucking sprite, face facts.
inb4
>hurr durr serious sam
the mancubus compared to Scrapjack is miles different in quality. Sorry I just dont like responding to snarky bitterness
>>
>>384908793
Thats why you work AROUND the limitation. Understand how much value one demon poses and use that to your design. Yea if you just want to spam an army of demons snapmap is not for you, but working around that with all the logic nodes is interesting to me.

>>384908401
take this post for example, thats more what I was referring to >>384908401
>>
Played the free weekend
how did they manage to make the game perform worse than the beta?
>>
>>384909423
>the mancubus compared to Scrapjack is miles different in quality.

Yeah, The Scrapjack is miles better since the latest Fusion update and now has an additional grenade launcher that it uses to lure you out of indestructible cover.
>>
>>384909575
>Thats why you work AROUND the limitation. Understand how much value one demon poses and use that to your design. Yea if you just want to spam an army of demons snapmap is not for you, but working around that with all the logic nodes is interesting to me.

Don't be stupid, the workaround is to make arenas and arenas only. You can't make an open map properly because of that. I'm starting to think you're and actual dev trying to shill it.
>>
>>384909878
I meant more in terms of texture, model, and animation quality but he's more formidable for sure.
>>
>>384909423
>I didnt answer because its easy to tell what kind of poster you are when you ask a sarcastic question you know the answer to
No, you are just avoiding simple questions with a binary answers. And the reason is not hard to figure out: you know it'd get even more flak on this shitty game and on (You) for marketing it so happily.

If you want to win people's trust and support, your actions and group need to have transparency. Something Zenimax & Bethesda is already known and proved to hate, to the point of sending C&D threats to Hiro, forcing him to block posting of certain Doom 4 related images and Webms, that'd work as negative criticism.

>And people have done 1:1 recreations of Doom maps, geometry and all.
This is literal lie. An absolute false.

>There is no practical difference in controlling when a player sees a demon than if its spawned from the start.
This on the other hand, is ignorant delusion.

>m-muh modern models!!!
Serious Sam 3:BFE, a 2011 game from a small AA dev team, could already show TWO THOUSAND modern, better looking models on the screen at once.
>>
>>384906181
the gameplay is literally aim and shoot, same shit as the original, how the fuck is it shit
>>
>>384909423
>And people have done 1:1 recreations of Doom maps, geometry and all

Yeah, I found those secret levels, too.
>>
File: New Doom in nutshell - d4.jpg (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
New Doom in nutshell - d4.jpg
140KB, 500x500px
>>384910163
>the gameplay is literally aim and shoot,
>same shit as original
yeah, you haven't even played the originals. Or weren't even born when it was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOObGjCA7Q

https://youtu.be/v3OY0hDt5Sw
>>
>>384909959
or you could do what the SP does and do wave based encounters that progress in difficulty.
>>
>>384910005
Thats why I brought up the comparison of the scrapjack and mancubus, its not even close. The animations and textures for the mancubus are so much better. But I didnt set out to change your mind, you dont like it and thats fine.
>>
>>384910679
Yeah, so much for that "freedom" ya people shill about.

The wave-based lockdown rooms were one of the biggest sins of nuDuum, and something everyone wants to FIX AWAY already.
Jesus, someone gas the Bethesda's offices already. I can't stand this world any more.
>>
>>384910394
they did it in snapmap too I mean, but with modern models.
>>
>>384910812
>The animations and textures for the mancubus are so much better.
It still looks absolutely awful. The art-directing and style of this game are absolutely horrible. Guns are big and blocky, enemies bubblegum cyclops or rocky golems from MOBAs. Levels are either clean iPhone-era space station corridors, or rocky valleys with some blood on it.
>>
>>384910952
>It still looks absolutely awful. The art-directing and style of this game are absolutely horrible
>name thing
>call it horrible
ok you dont like it. Fine, whatever. I do.
>>
>>384910163

>23 year old gameplay mechanics
>fun
>>
>>384905630

Looks like hellgate london
>>
>>384910679
>or you could do what the SP does and do wave based encounters that progress in difficulty.

Exactly, that's the MAIN FUCKING PROBLEM with Snapmap. You do NOT have direct control of what to spawn where or when to despawn, or if you want an open map the AI Director does whatever it pleases and most of the time makes more harm than help at designing a map. It's not about spawning 2000 revenants meme, it's about spawning cleverly an escalade of challenges with some zombie swatting through and you cannot do this properly because 12 demon limit is a fucking STUPID LIMITATION AND YOUR GAME IS FUCKED UP TO THE CORE.

FUCK YOU DEV, YOU FUCKED UP.
>>
>>384911327
sorry ill send the devs an angry email for you
>>
>>384911106
I don't like it.
My friends don't like it.
My wife does not like it.
People at my media & design University don't like it.

Yeah, it's a shitty looking game. Just another example of nu-age AAA devs' lack of imagination.
>>
I love DOOM 2016 but the snapmap is fucked with the enemies limitation

Until they make a PC only patch for that one there's not much to talk about
>>
Can you place (NOT SPAWN) thousands of units that can roam the map instead of having to be spawned in yet?
>>
The older Dooms have a much better modding scene, which even has more variety and complexity.
Doom's history with mods is basically one of the things that killed SM.
>>
Did they fix the optimization issues?
I remember when I first bought it changing the graphics settings did literally nothing for fps
>>
>>384910532
Stop shilling your shitty channel.
>>
>>384911594
I fucked your wife.
>>
>>384912225
Stop shilling your shitty game.

>>384912342
I somehow doubt that.
Stop being 12 and shilling your shitty game.
>>
>>384905630
>not using centered gun view
>crosshair
wot r u casul?
>>
>>384911864
To avoid memory consumption? No. I get what you mean.

You can place manually some monsters and then "hide" them, only to place a trigger that "shows" them and play out the spawning animation, activating them. Thing is that they're already using the memory slot even if they're not spawned.

So let's say you want to spawn two Hellknights in a room. You can place them both in the corner, hide them, and when the player crosses the door trigger a reveal on them. Thing is that if there were other monsters behind you spawning, they were already 10 max. The best way to do this would be place a Spawn Encounter (i think it's called) that is a proper trigger where you can specify some predetermined mobs and/or make a custom mob, like 2 Hellknights to spawn in the room. That way the Hellknights weren't in the map until that point.

The problem comes when you just don't want to kill those Demons. Imagine these Hellknights are special and have shitton of health to make the player make a run for it for awhile. At one time or another you'll have to kill them somehow if you want an arena based encounter later, otherwise that arena will still spawn 10 demons max, because you let those special Hellknights roam back there. The options the game gives you as far as I remember weren't many like "hide these until X event is finished" or something, nope. Nothing. Once spawned they're there to stay.

It's messy and stupid.
>>
>>384912091
They implemente Vulkan, man. If you can't run the game with Vulkan magic, you just can't play any game.
>>
>>384905630
*yawn*
>>
>>384912560
I hope I'm not on v long enough to become this person. You must be one of the people who got triggered when Reggie said games should be fun.
>>
>>384913285

Cant they just implement a kill countdown or kill when out of player zone. Imagine player going through a door that closes and makes traversing back impossible which in turn kills all daemons before that point.
>>
>>384906261
>Shitty networks which results in tons of shots hitting and not doing damage
>Bad weapon balance
>Stupid weapons like a sniper rifle that needs to be scoped, slowing down gameplay for what should be a gotta go fast shooter

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>384913521
If you think that patronizing and generic console trash like nuDuum is "fun", then you are literally an uncurable Xbot.
>>
>>384913629
>Cant they just implement a kill countdown or kill when out of player zone. Imagine player going through a door that closes and makes traversing back impossible which in turn kills all daemons before that point.

Yes, you can do that, but you just said the problem with DOOM custom maps and even in the campaign

>That you can't go back to or kills them

What if you DONT want them to be killed, only to despawn of awhile where out of sight to reduce the memory consumption? you can't. That alone, along with the Snapmap other problem with rooms, the restrictive size of them, you can't do much more than linear maps with Arena encounters. It's the optimal way to do the map; You can't do proper circular maps with ease because the rooms don't connect and snap well in circular manner, so every kid map is a linear level with epik Arena encounters inbetween. IF you want to do a backtracking map like soft Metroid style or, what the fuck am I saying, CLASSIC DOOM LIKE, you can't properly. There are teleporters, though.

It's very constrictive in the design possibilities. I made some maps on it, and the more I worked on it I realized that maybe MAYBE it's deliberate so you can have "fun" creating your map but not that much fun as to make a better campaign than Id with it.
>>
>>384913831
Not him, but nuDoom is basically the original doom but in real 3d, and if you complain about the fact that enemies drop health and ammo, well, that's cause the new one is harder on easy than the original on nightmare(though I cann see why that is, considering limitations of the time)
>>
>>384914447
I enjoyed NuDoom but they two completely different games.
It even has Quake power ups.
>>
>>384913831
I dont play consoles. Are you that person on the doom steam forums that constantly makes threads attacking the game and people that like it? You sound exactly like they do.
>>
>>384909405
To put it bluntly, it's boring.

I guess I'm more curious what people actually like about it. From your words: it has freeze tag and you can walk on a power-up to win the match. I guess I really didn't miss anything when I played it.
>>
>>384914447
>Not him, but nuDoom is basically the original doom but in real 3d
It is not. It's a complete antithesis towards the original games and their "clones", and anyone claiming otherwise has either not played the original DooM(s), or is just trying to justify the shitty current state of the industry by making a shitty game with a few rare "carrots" suddenly be the modern messiah game.

nuDuum is full of modern AAA and console bullshit. A total missed opportunity, cloaked in lies.
>>
>>384914447
You're just full of shit.
neo-Doom has more in common with games like Painkiller and Hard Reset, but with nowhere near as huge scale in maps and battles.

>it's also harder
you gotta be fucking kidding me son.
>>
>>384914778
How is it a anthithesis of the original series? I am legitimately wondering how you can think that, I mean, this game is literally just like the original doom
>kill monsters
>find secrets
>>
>>384915143
It has some elements from the originals, but handles them differently, where enemies try to have more abilities and the weapons and alternate fires.

Also, its version of hell is mostly rocks, when the older versions of Doom's hell had more colors and elements to it.
>>
>>384914949
I said harder than old doom, which, let's be honest, was an easy game except for the controls that you had to get used to. And I don't see how you see painkiller in nudoom, nudoom is actually fun to play.
>>
>>384915375
NuDoom doesn't even have Pain Elementals, Archviles or hitscan based chaingun zombiemen.
>>
>>384915310
I agree, the design for the new hell was based a lot on bland generic stuff, and am curious, what elemnts does this game handle different? Except the ones that of course are improved cause of better technology.
>>
File: ripandtearedit2_6244[1].png (148KB, 293x239px) Image search: [Google]
ripandtearedit2_6244[1].png
148KB, 293x239px
It's the rip and tear comic strip version of Doom.
>>
>>384914726
ive seen teams constantly get the demon powerup and still lose in that soul stealing mode. it does get annoying when one side holds it for too long. it feels very rewarding when it trades sides and both teams are only 10 kills from winning. freeze tag is basically your ordinary 1 life per match mode, but with a fancy rebranded downed system. i just like the idea tat its called freeze tag in a game so much about locomotion. its also nice to be the last man standing and thaw your whole team and take the win. im sure i'll get tired of the multi, but i havent yet. maybe im just starved for high speed multi games and doom fixes that for me.

before you ask, no, i havent played og doom or quake multi. im sure you'll dismiss my opinions cause of this, but i dont think anyone should have expected nu doom to continue those games traditions. if it was going to, it wouldnt have been over a decade between releases and it would have officially been called doom 4.
>>
>>384914447
It's not worth arguing with Doom and arena 'purists'. They've proven time and time again to contradict themselves. Even when they're given what they claim to want, they don't want it - they just want to complain.

My theory is that video games were their entire lives at one point. They eventually got tired of video games, but instead of acknowledging that fact and moving on like a normal human being, they realized they had nothing to move on to. This put them in a permanent stasis of desperately grasping on to a hobby they're tired of while complaining about the state of it. The only thing that could scratch the itch of their long lost hobby is shitposting about it relentlessly while cherishing the past as if playing a video game was their greatest accomplishment.
>>
>>384915143
you can make any game seem like a carbon copy of each other if you use such extreme, superficial trivializing methods.

you remind me of my old University teach, who mindboggled the entire classroom by asking "How's any of those games any special? Don't you always either collect or kill something in every game?"

My point still stands: nuDuum plays nothing alike original DooM, which had much more effort put to design, pacing and balance of things.
>>
>>384915541
RPG elements?
Rounds with enemies?
Secrets involving points for upgrades and those dolls?

I just can't name it all, since as i said, is a completely different game.
>>
>>384915461
Yeah, I admit I am as dissapointed as you that they didn't bring them in this game, but that doesn't mean the game doesn't improve on the original formula.
>>
>>384915143
>linear, scripted levels that feel like multiplayer arenas
>generic AAA shit like gore nests and those floating challenge stones
>objectives markers
>plot in a Doom game
>cinematic takedowns
>>
>>384915673
To be hinest, the discussions started being calmer and rather enjoyable, so I might continue to talk to them, and about your theory, that could apply to more than half of /v/
>>
>>384915719
Did.... did you really say that? About the game where you could 2 shot most enemies with a fkin pistol?
>>
>>384915905
You're really reaching with these. The plot is intentially minamalist to the point where the game treats it as a joke that it even exists.

Glory kills perfect the pacing in my opinion.

And you should be turning off objective markers in every modern game you're playing. There is a reason they have a toggle in every game.
>>
>>384915609
I could tell you all sorts of times I've seen exceptions to various rules, but that doesn't change the fact that exceptions are just that.

I don't really care about your history all that much, but it also isn't surprising that a younger player likes a mechanic where luck + a one-time insignificant action can lead to reward - the entire industry has shifted to this demographic, but their misstep was trying to push this modern mechanic on to a base that modern gamers don't really like, satisfying neither demographic.
>>
>>384915905
This statement makes me wonder if you actually played the gane, also, what is the problem with linear games?(even though nudoom isn't that linear)
>>
>>384915961
>and about your theory, that could apply to more than half of /v/

Definitely.
>>
>>384915961
Reminds me of zelda threads. The best way to deal with the "this game sucks fuck you" posters is to force conversation on them by asking them to elaborate.

Its like chipping away the troll and finding a real human beneath.
>>
>>384915541
>what elemnts does this game handle different?
More like why this game is absolute garbage:

>Full of cinematic shit, including cinematics.
>guns suck, unless you upgrade
>barely can hold any ammo, unless you level-up
>armor is literally a 2nd HP bar
>Checkpoints.
>maps are linear pipes connecting obligatory combat arenas you get locked into.
>glory kills are borderline mandatory, as you gain very little ammo and HP otherwise
>Chainsaw is a literal 1-hit kill tool, that also refills your ammo
>platforming sections.
>you get around half-a dozen enemies on screen at once, at best. No Pinkie packs.
>rune challenges are just annoying filler.
>everything glows.
>some fucking robo guy literally handholds you through the game, via radio.
>no mods, and the Snapmap is literally just all about connecting handful of pre-made rooms together, with strict enemy limit.
>only 4 players max in Snapmaps.
>MP is Gaylo-tier shit.
>Spider is the last boss, and is not hitscan anymore either.
>bosses have HP bars
>ending was literally a slap to face + "lol, look forward to teh sequel, goy!"

>>384916130
you are not making any sense.

>>384916256
>The plot is intentially minamalist to the point where the game treats it as a joke that it even exists.
An ironical joke of a plot is still a plot, and it does jam it down your throat at times.

>Glory kills perfect the pacing in my opinion.
Then you are a moron who knows jack shit about pacing. This is just another implementation of the nowadays too common "Press X to see cool cutscene!" -""gameplay"". Instead of making the player master the game, the game just plays itself and tries to make you feel like a badas.

>And you should be turning off objective markers in every modern game you're playing
I remember the time when I was happy to get to utilize all the fancy features and content the games offered, instead of having to think how much of the game I have to turn off in order to make it merely passable.
>>
>>384915768
Like I said, the original had secrets as well, the only thing I admit I am complaining about is the fact that you can upgrade your suit to find all secrets.
>>
>>384916517
I still disagree anon, although I really wish you wouldn't call me a moran. I think glory kills are fun. I highly recommend turning the glory kill highlight off. It forces you to really pay attention to enemy animations to know when they're weak enough to strike. Wrong timing can easily mean death.
>>
>>384916517
You realise that most of the things about the sg campaign that you are conplaining about were also part of the original doom, right?
>>
>>384916421
>what is the problem with linear games
i don't like being restricted and railroaded in a video games.
>This statement makes me wonder if you actually played the game
why?! areas in levels lock down behind for no reason, this interact-with-object-to-trigger-a-lockdown-and-wave-after-wave-of-enemies is generic shit and nothing home about, objective markers to guide you to the next gore nest instead of letting player explore and find the exit themselves, generic cringe-worthy plot...etc
it didn't feel as natural and as immersive as the originals.
>>
>>384916372
21 heredevs changing a games core cause of a changing landscape is unfortunate. im sorry if you felt burned by nu doom. i felt very burnt by halo 4 moving in a call of duty direction. i do vaguly enjoy 5 on pc with custom games though. anyway, i do plan on playing og doom after this. as a matter of fact im kinda dissapointed i didnt wait to do that before playing nu doom. playing nu doom makes me sometimes feel like im paying a parody of doom. like that game michales son in gta 5 played. mostly cause it feels like what i assume doom is, even though ive never played it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9n7mgJLY
anyway, thanks for being level headed and not telling me to kill myself for not playing og doom first. youre one of the good ones.
>>
>>384916857
Merely turning off the indicators is not a cure for the game's biggest issue, and it's just ironic how people praise GKs with shit like "it gives you HP and stuff, makes you play more aggressive!", when in reality you get MORE health from enemies just by blowing them to bits with guns. The lower your HP, the more health enemies spew out from their guts.

Which gets me to the second major issue: lock-down arena spam, combined with linear, half-empty maps that funnel you into them.

>>384916913
Fascinating. I really do not know that.
Please, do explain.
>>
>>384916513
Too bad most zelda threads get invaded by console war sonybros
>>
>>384905630
>can't use shotgun to crossmap enemies
It's shit
>>
So, still no new singleplayer content from ID or Beth? For the colossal memory it takes up, this was not worth the purchase when I've touched MP and SM all of two times. The SM menu on PS4 seems fucking weird, anyway, just random orders of shit. I played one fun Serious Sam tribute map but then I realized I could just play Serious Sam.

Not even an Old Blood style expansion, eh? Wew.
>>
>>384917147
I think they work well with the keep moving or die feeling. They can tickets to death tho, as you say shooting is often a better tactic. It depends on the situation.

And I'm sorry, but what did you say was the biggest issue?
>>
>>384917427
>what did you say was the biggest issue?
Lack of exploration, enemies, or anything really outside the lock down rooms.

Oh, and fucking menu-surfing & RPG element trash. How about you make your gameplay satisfying from the start, and then get the players to master the tools given to them themselves, rather than giving them annoying "+10 to gun damage" -style character boosts.
>>
>>384917147
The chainsaw is op in the original doom
Guns are strong from the start in the original
While you do not get ammo/health from enemies when you kill them in the original, you have so many of those laying around you cannot run out of ammo
The glory kills are just a new gameplay element put there to make you fell "overpowered as fuck" and most of the time the enemies die before you can even glorykill them.
If the fact that the robodude tries to make excuses as to why he did why he did it's not called handholding, neither is the fact that he tells you "if you want to stop the thing go destroy this". Though I will admit that the plot gets shoved down your throat sometimes
Also, about map liniarity, enemy count and spawn points, there we can agree
>>
>>384916372
> luck
how much of the multi have you played? Demon spawn is obvious and timed. like any power weapon its a map point to guard and contest. even if your team loses it, if you have semi-decent map knowledge you can play around the demons because it tells you "enemy X has spawned", and killing it will win it for your team

its not luck at all. the only bullshit in this game was the hack modules and DLC maps, but they just patched that

i dont compare this game to old quake.. its a modern console FPS and the multiplayer is the most fun and balanced ive seen in AGES.. since halo reach. the whole thing reminds me of halo to be honest, in a good way

this whole game is 11/10. it only got shit on because of "muh Doom legacy" but take off your nostalgia goggles, Doom 2 was a massive step back from Doom1, and Doom3 was a pure genre shift to horror. Doom 4 is by far the best sequel obviously you're not gonna beat doom1
/opinions
>>
>>384917653
Oh, I like the rpg stuff tho. I'm gonna go play Pokémon now. I don't think I'm really getting much out of this conversation. I hope you find a game you like more and a thread with people you can discuss it with.
>>
>>384918035
Agreed, but doom 3 bfg edition was shit though, since the entire point of doom 3 was to choose between flashlight or gun, and the bfg ruined that with the lighting
>>
>>384918357
havent played BFG but yeah i liked that light mechanic.. tis a shame when devs listen to plebs instead of sticking to their vision :/
>>
>>384917809
>The chainsaw is op in the original doom
it's not. It really is only good for single imps and zombies, and for tactically surviving Pinkie packs.

Anything higher end, or more dense and varied enemy packs, will totally demolish if you try to use the saw on them.

>Guns are strong from the start in the original
True. And?
They definitely are not that in D4.
>While you do not get ammo/health from enemies when you kill them in the original, you have so many of those laying around you cannot run out of ammo
Depends on the difficulty you play on and the playing style.
In many ways, original Dooms play quite like faster-paced "survival horror" games, with truly limited supplies you need to locate yourself. With heavy focus on finding secrets as well, as all secrets in originals were practical supplies you could and would use.
>The glory kills are just a new gameplay element put there to make you fell "overpowered as fuck" and most of the time the enemies die before you can even glorykill them.
On the contrary. Especially at the start, it is much quicker to stagger and GK your enemies, than to try and blast them away. And making every single enemy into a loot pinata, all while there's tons of shit to grab on the ground of the fighting areas, only makes the game that much more casual and unfocused.
>Though I will admit that the plot gets shoved down your throat sometimes
it really does.
>Also, about map liniarity, enemy count and spawn points, there we can agree
Good.
>>
>>384918453
Bfg edition ruined the sole intersting mechanic of the game, not because of fans though, but because of the devs being dumb, and not realising that when they upgraded to the bfg edition.
>>
>>384918654
have you actually played Nightmare in 4?

If you glory kill you'll probably die and you need to find pickups and secrets
>>
File: 1382301577475.jpg (313KB, 592x444px) Image search: [Google]
1382301577475.jpg
313KB, 592x444px
I can't believe it. For ONCE the shilling is real and obvious, but no one calls OP out on it.

Fuck you, /v/, you never learn
>>
>>384918897
Everybody called on it. He's a frustrated dev.

And I do like DOOM4 but it's not perfect outside campaign.
>>
>>384918897
who cares? Doom threads are the only ones where actual mechanics and design are discussed..
>>
so can i play offline multiplayer vs bots now or am i stuck fighting demon/campaign AI? I hated how the game had doomguy bots but you needed online just to access multiplayer. snapmap demons get old after a while
>>
>>384918876
>have you actually played Nightmare in 4?
Yes.
And I learned that GKs are fucking pointless already on UV. Which just makes the high praise of it that much more weird and ironic.

But still, the existence of GKs are one of the lesser problems of D4. They could've and should've been implemented better, like restricting them to just Berserker packs. The complete lack of open exploration and pre-placed, roaming enemies is a much more severe sin, made worse by the laughably small enemy packs that can exists on the map at once.
>>
>>384918654
Well, the chainsaw in nudoom isn't thst op either, unless you save fuel for it, it's literally useless
Guns in nudoom I think were made to add some element of progression. But that's just what I think.
Glory kills, honestly, they are just fun to do, though like >>384918876 said, if you play above hurtmeplenty, you die unless you are carefull during glorykills.
And I remember that the original, no matter the difficulty you had a lot of ammo, armor and health just laying around. Though admitedly I was 8-9?
>>
>>384919398
Wait, I fucked that up, I forgot the names of the difficulties, I meant ultraviolence not hurt me plenty
>>
>>384917147

Tell me something, straight faced

Do you not like Glory Kills and want it removed?
>>
>>384919397
Are you dissing the glory kills even though they give you invul frames and health and it's an extra tool outside of just looking cool? I don't get it.
>>
>>384919831
The points you listed are the ones he is dissing though, somewhat understandable for the ammo/health and invulneravility parts, but not for the gameplay mechanic part
>>
>>384920048
But in higher difficulties you might use it and trade distance for extra health/grab into that invul frames to tank damage. It's actually a good thing to have. And looks cool.
>>
>>384920550
Not saying I don't agree with you, I do, but I was saying ehy thst anon didn't like it. And yes, it does look cool.
>>
>>384905630
its still console oriented shit so fuck off
>>
>>384905630
>It only took them a fucking year but its good now

Carmack's last work in ID was Snapmap, it took a year to decipher his code
>>
>>384919831
>Are you dissing the glory kills even though they give you invul frames and health
they don't really give ya invulnerability at all. GK'ing later on, especially on any reasonable difficulty, is fastest way to get yourself killed.

I am criticizing the GKs because they are useless, because they are so "enforced" early on thanks to shitty weapon damage and low ammo cap, AND because the enemies are HP pinatas (and ammo factories, if you use the even more hilarious and awful 1-hit KO chainsaw)
>>
>>384921092
I think the preffered term is bullet sponges, not hp pinnatas, and like I said before, unless you have fuel for it, which is not as easy to find as the rest of the ammo, it's useless
>>
>>384921092
I think you're just gay and no true scotsman
>>
>Update 6.66
>File size is 67.0GB

You had one job, ONE JOB!
>>
>>384921485
>I think the preffered term is bullet sponges, not hp pinnatas
No, I meant it: Pinatas.
As in, you break them to get "candy" from them.

The D4's enemies are ALSO bulletspongy.
>>
>>384921749
Huh, gotta break the news to my wife then.
And no, I ain't no Scotsman either, thank god.

I fail to see what any of this has to do with the game at hand and all its glaring flaws.
>>
>>384921761
Ah, ok, got it. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
>>
I'm playing it right now and it could have been a perfect DOOM if they got the finisher mechanics right, but they fucking didn't and here I am punch everything to death IN A SHOOTING GAME.

That's a such a shame
>>
can i spawn summoners yet?
>>
Did they remove engine limits? I want to spawn more than 5 enemies.
>>
>>384919831
>Wanting the glory kill i-frames on nightmare
>Which leaves you surrounded by demons that are going to finger you asshole
Don't do this anon. It's only worth it if there are no demons around or you've got all the speed upgrades to glory kills and you're targeting one that doesn't have anything immediately around it, and it's still dangerous then.
>>
No custom weapons, no custom models, no custom monsters, no custom assets.

No thank you.
>>
>>384905630
>expect an interesting thread talking about any interesting SP maps and SM possibilities.
>its just the same nostalgia retards with shit taste smearing their garbage, irrelevant copy-pasted opinions on a legitimately good game and the best single player shooter in years just because it isn't a copypasted clone of the original doom.

Is it possible to have any actual discussion on this place anymore or it just stuck in the past cretins who are actively looking for reasons to bitch?
>>
>>384923829
that's probably because its a lot harder to do with nu-doom's engine then it is with gzdoom
>>
>>384924124
Doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.
>>
>>384908009
>Can you have more than 12 enemies at once
>I-i don't know how to answer that question

No. No is the answer you're looking for, you might not want to look like a shill blindly defending your shit and not say a bad thing about it but come the fuck on.
>>
anything that can be done to stop the corpses from disappearing? even if they become static after death it would be preferable to them evaporating for no reason.
>>
>>384924308
actually it kinda fucking does
>>
>>384925178
They shouldn't restrict the amount of enemies on screen because it might crash a few systems. Tell them to "Play game at their own" risk or some bullshit. They could just release their in house level editor and let people figure that shit out themselves.
>>
>>384905630
Did they ever patch the loadtimes on ps4? Shit was HORRIBLE.
>>
File: 1499577227468.gif (2MB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
1499577227468.gif
2MB, 288x216px
>>384926215
>ps4
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.