[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank them in terms of PvE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: Souls.jpg (544KB, 1686x822px) Image search: [Google]
Souls.jpg
544KB, 1686x822px
Rank them in terms of PvE
>>
bb>1>des>2>3
>>
>>384898910
1>>DeS>>>2=3=BB
>>
>>384898910
Outside of straight swords, I thought the PvE in 3 was pretty good.
>>
>asking /v/ to rank anything in the souls series
>expecting an answer other than everyone putting 1 and bloodborne on top and 2 and 3 at the bottom
this site is fucking sad sometimes.
but personally 3>2>1, haven't played enough of bb or des to rank them
>>
>>384898803
DaS=BB>DeS>>>>>DaS2>>>>>DaS3
>>
>>384899102
Well if I ask ranking based on something specific, it grants some deviation from the norm. Though BB does have great PvE, like I say >>384899003 I thought the PvE in 3 was actually pretty damn good. They tried to lift off of BB a bit too much without allowing you as much manoeuvrability, but I notice the polish that's been built up over the series.
>>
>>384899182
>>384898969
Why place demon's so high?
>>
>>384899479
Because it's a great game?
>>
>>384899231
I'm just sick and tired of these threads. No matter what, unless maybe it's music that's being ranked, everyone is going to put the big three at the top. These threads have become too predictable, and all anyone cares about anymore is which they hate more; 2 or 3.
>>
BB > 3 > 1 > DeS/2

All good games though
>>
>>384899541
I agree, but based solely on pve? Mountains of grass, not many weapons or spells to experiment with and limited movesets.
>>
Don't mind me just posting best souls game.
>>
>>384899751
Absolute garbage. The Surge on the other hand...
>>
>>384899751
that game was so disappointing
>>
>>384899850
... is absolute shit.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306KB, 1198x827px) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306KB, 1198x827px
Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls

The other two are not relevant.

Anybody who disagrees with me is stupid and should just not post.

Don't @ me.
>>
>>384898803
BB > DaS3 > DaS3 > DaS2 > DeS
>>
File: Dumb Assholes.jpg (97KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Assholes.jpg
97KB, 841x1200px
>>384899102
>3>2>1, haven't played enough of bb or des to rank them
>>
File: (you).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>384900031
>>
>>384900136
You could just explain to me why I'm wrong, you know.
>>
3>1>BB>2

I never really understood what made Bloodborne so great to other people, being a knight doing knight shit is half the fun of the series, running around not-Innistrad never really did it for me. A part of me thinks it's just cost justification on the part of people who aren't idorts trying to convince themselves that Bloodborne is the best because it's exclusive more than anything. Still a good game, but to me it lacked the magic of 1 and the fun of 3.

I dislike almost every boss and zone in 2 that's not the DLC and while the Crowns are all very good it doesn't justify the awful base game
>>
Dark Souls is the instant classic for its world design and exploration, probably never to be topped by another action game.
BB and DS3 are better games for their snappier combat and much improved boss design.
Demon's Souls won't actually exist until it's ported to PS4 (PC never because it's a Sony game).
>>
>>384900591
BB was great because it was a fresh take on the series. Trick weapons added much more depth and were fun as hell. If you like the Souls games for the medieval vibes then sure, I get you, but I loved having a different setting and the atmosphere, music, level design and boss fights were awesome. I also prefer the faster paced combat.
But, you know, different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>384898803
DaS1/BB/DeS > DaS2 >>> DaS3
DaS1, BB and DeS all do enough of their own thing to be decent in their own right. DaS2 can't get its shit together long enough to properly refine anything that it tries to do but it tries to do its a lot of its own shit. DaS3 is derivative garbage with no polish that can just about get moving around, rolling and swinging a straightsword to feel comfortable.
>>
>>384898803
BB>DeS>DaS1>DaS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>384901163
>they're bad because they're not unique
I guarantee if ds2 and ds3 had name changes and just enough story changes to justify them, you fags would love them.
>>
BB > DaS = DeS > 2 > 3
>>
BB=DaS1 > DaS3 = DeS > SOTFS >>>>>>>> DaS2.

>God-tier

BB and DaS excel in what they do. BB is a fresh take on the Souls formula in a different setting, and DaS's openness, unlinearity and build variety gives it a lot of replay value.

>Great-tier

DeS has a hub and separate levels but the World Tendency gives it a lot of replayability, it suffers a bit with its boss fights but still a great introduction to the Souls series.

DaS3 is a solid experience and is basically DaS1 on the BB engine. Boss fights are awesome, level design is tight but the convoluted quests and some copypaste from DaS1 keep it from attaining God-tier status.

>Good tier

SOTFS makes vanilla DaS2 better and worse depending on the areas, though the added bit of story, additional ending as well as DLC trilogy make it the definitive experience of the controversial sequel.

>Don't play tier

DaS2 gets some participation points for trying to change the DaS1 formula, but failed miserably at it. Decoupling agility from endurance and the reworked animations creates a lower quality experience in combat. Level design is simplistic and rarely makes use of shortcuts. Extremely bland looking due to the removal of the art style. Bosses aren't imposing at all and only feel like obstacles. Production issues hurt this game and the result is an unbalanced experience.
>>
>>384900591
Playing BB is the same as when you played demons/dark souls 1 for the first time, it's just a unique and special game whereas the other games aren't. Also it feels a lot more tense and involved to play, whereas other souls games are just frustrating. You actually have to balance up damage with risk, whereas in the souls games it's purely gimmicks or learning boss moves and you have to play it the same way every time with every weapon.
>>
>>384901437
Nah. The animation and general feeling in DaS2 is all unfinished jank even if it's got some style.
DaS3 on the other hand just doesn't have well thought out PvE and aside from what I mentioned it's just less well featured/polished than something like DaS1 or even DaS2 (Aside from DaS2 being graphically horrendous obviously) in terms of its mechanics.
>>
File: des-rpcs3.jpg (130KB, 1281x748px) Image search: [Google]
des-rpcs3.jpg
130KB, 1281x748px
>>384900594
Its emulation status is okay so far.
>>
>>384901576
good post, i'd sign that
>>
>>384902003
I don't know, when I was exploring from the Road of Sacrifices-> Cathedral of the Deep, the only thing I was thinking throughout was "Souls games are fucking back".

The early experience in DaS3 is extremely polished.

Going the Farron Keep route (which I'm sure most have followed) would give you a worse impression though.
>>
>>384902003
I disagree. Dark souls 1 has its own problems that keep me from enjoying it. While it might be fine mechanics-wise, the enemies and bosses are pretty fucking awful. I'll admit it does things right that no other souls game does, such as leveling up being at bonfires and having different animations for rolls, but with enemies only having one attack and bosses only having around 3 it's more tedious for me than anything else.
>>
>>384902438
Road of Sacrifices -> Crucifixion Woods -> Farron Keep is basically torture.
Cathedral of the Deep is a decent break and the looping level design as well as the more open interior is a breath of fresh air but it has its own issues. The initial linear exterior cathedral, the Giants (An annoyance to fight and unaffected by Storm Ruler), Siegward's poor placement and Patches (Not even a proper betrayal) all degrade the experience somewhat and it's capped off by a boss that is trivialized heavily by some very poorly thought out PvE choices like giving the player access to a ring very early on that restores health rapidly for hitting enemies in quick succession which is easily achieved by several weapon classes in this fight. I think I would honestly rate Deacons lower than I'd rate the Congregation because the congregation at least diversified what you were going to fight in the encounter with enemies that crawled along the ground and had to be specifically targeted, clerics that conjured lightning and a hexer rather than just a mob of fireball casting enemies that have a slow stab with a short sword and varying amounts of poise + a curse attack to punish going in with a weapon that can't deal with mobs.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.