[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games /v/ hates because its popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (91KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg
91KB, 300x425px
ITT: games /v/ hates because its popular
>>
>>384895867
This is actually my favorite RE

shame it caused the death of the series.
>>
but /v/ loves RE 4
>>
File: 2921358-box_nioh.png (641KB, 582x640px) Image search: [Google]
2921358-box_nioh.png
641KB, 582x640px
>>
But /v/ loves RE4?
Back to topic: Witcher 3. /v/ used to love it, until it started winning every award known to man.
>>
File: 1497919689998.jpg (798KB, 1512x949px) Image search: [Google]
1497919689998.jpg
798KB, 1512x949px
>>384896090
>2 years later /v/ is still salty
>>
>>384895867
I hate it because it ruined RE

not because it's popular
>>
File: 1453604608932.jpg (50KB, 413x449px) Image search: [Google]
1453604608932.jpg
50KB, 413x449px
did /v/ ever love a popular game?
>>
>>384895979
you know what caused the death of RE? retards asking for the series going back to its roots
Action RE > Meme fixed camera ''horror'' RE

>b-but please make the game scary horror again plz plz xD
that's what killed RE. RE7 is the worst in the series because it's not a game, it's a walking scary simulator.
>>
>>384896390
Overwatch
Meme Souls
Dragon Age
Doom
etc
>>
>>384896395
Nice meme opinion
>>
>>384896642
>I will call meme something that is true and everyone knows
found the retard that also asked capcom to go back to its roots

Dear Capcom,
Please go back to its roots. I want RE1 again but this time I want nice HD graphics and I want to be scared xD
Plz plz plz :}?

Signed,
/v/ retard
>>
I can't post every game besides Dark Souls and Overwatch
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art[1].jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art[1].jpg
53KB, 256x330px
>>
File: ffvii-logo-cast[1].jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ffvii-logo-cast[1].jpg
60KB, 800x600px
>>
>>384895979
>>384896235

RE4 didn't ruin RE, Capcom not knowing what made RE4 good ruined RE. They took this as "We need to go further in that direction, make it action, make partner into co-op, make everything a parasite," etc. Etc.

If the next game they'd made used RE4's mechanics, set in a mansion and/or city with zombies and was single player only, it would have been fucking grand. RE4 was an evolution necessary for the series but Capcom didn't know what to do with its success.

I think the biggest problem is their inability to let go of co-op in later entries. And unfortunately, with RE7 they seem to have given up on trying to make it work and just made the series into something else entirely.
>>
>>384896973
Yeah, it was fans that Capcom no longer listens to that caused RE7 to happen. Not Capcom's continuously declining performance with each release against higher and higher budgets each time combined with an observation that games like Outlast were raking money hand-over-fist in a market they used to own.
>>
File: The_Last_of_Us.jpg (45KB, 256x340px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_of_Us.jpg
45KB, 256x340px
>>
>>384896194
If this game is considered shit, then good games must be unfathomable to the human mind.
>>
>>384899254
>People cry and say it's a movie
>Like just replayed it and have no idea how anyone says this in earnest unless they haven't played it
>>
>>384896395
>RE7 is the worst in the series because it's not a game, it's a walking scary simulator

How to spot the retard who hasn't played the game.

>The first segment you're unarmed because it's actually building the story
>Really quickly you get a knife and gun
>Literally same moment you get the gun is a boss fight
>Enemies start showing up about as often as zombies in the old ones would
>Game starts becoming really shooty later on
>B-B-BUH IT'S FIRST PERSON, I DON'T LIKE CHANGE
>>
>>384900837
It's probably because there are a lot of moments when you just holster your weapon and walk around talking.

That being said, I like how when it gets actiony, it's stays that way for a while, with few cutscenes unless you're getting knocked into another area or starting a new section.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.