[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outside of 60fps for online game, is there a single reason to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: masterrace.jpg (565KB, 1600x1080px) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.jpg
565KB, 1600x1080px
Outside of 60fps for online game, is there a single reason to build a decent PC?
>b-but I can play ubisoft and emulators xD
not a valid argument. Any 50 dollar celeron cpu can run Higan, Genesis GX, etc.
>>
The reason to build a decent PC is that you want to play PC games and you want them to look decent. If you don't care how they look, feel free to build a shitty PC.

Reasons to play PC games in the first place include:
1) You like some of the games which are exclusive to PC.
2) You like one of the genres which are practically exclusive to PC.
3) You like to play first-person shooters with a mouse.
>>
Are you asking or shitposting?

If you're asking, then for me it's a no. I've fallen out with PC gaming over the last few years. Strategy games are few and far between, and generally worse than their predecessors these days. There's really not much else playing.
>>
>>384894952

Judging by his picture, which consists of a cherry-picked selection of bad games, I'm pretty sure he's shitposting and doesn't want an actual discussion. If any actual discussion starts to happen, he'll probably ramp up the shitposting to derail it.
>>
There's Doom 4 and shit
>>
>>384894915
>You like some of the games which are exclusive to PC.
All Strategy games (offline) can run in any cheap notebook
>You like to play first-person shooters with a mouse.
Exactly, that's probably the only reason to own a pc.
>>
File: v.png (516KB, 590x770px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
516KB, 590x770px
>>384895081
>>
>>384894741
how decent are we talking? i just use a budget pc and it works for my needs, i mostly play strategy games, mmos, simulations, visual novels, and just random shit that looks fun. for the most part unless you want to play the latest shit you can probably get by with a budget build just fine, or at most a midrange build
>>
>>384895173
>All Strategy games (offline) can run in any cheap notebook

That's why I listed PC-exclusive genres (of which strategy games are the prime example) not as a reason to build an expensive PC but rather as a reason to play PC games in the first place on any PC.
>>
>>384895081
>bad games
There's a couple of kids game and Fez, which I thought looked decent though I never played it. I don't like Borderlands at all, but even on /v/ it seems reasonably popular. Don't see the issue with Deadpool either. Superheroes make for better games than they do movies.
>>
What's that retarded, seemingly randomly compiled image supposed to convey?
>>
>>384895275
Nice, keep going and prove anon right.
>>
>>384895332
there are many reasons to own a pc (emulation, pirated old games - sonic and sega all stars racing and Outrun 2006 for instance)
>>
>>384894741
playing 14000 PC exclusives + emulating everything.
>>
>>384895379
superior masterrace taste
>>
>>384895829
How so when you can play all of those on console?
>>
consolecuck bait thread

move on
>>
>>384894741
Yes, 21:9 144hz gaming

https://youtu.be/DttUdPse1uY
>>
>>384896012
because no one cares for them on consoles while 99% of pc ''gamers'' play shit like Fez and Gone Home on a regular basis.
>>384896193
I believe this garbage MMO was released on PS4. I don't know who is more retarded: people that build a PC to place shit like this or playing shit MMO on consoles
>>
>>384896193
>Operating system: Microsoft Windows Botnet 10 Pro
>>
>>384896309
oh, so it IS a shitposting thread! For a minute there, I thought it wasn't
>>
>>384896309
Don't be silly.
>>
>>384896784
>he plays MMOs
>expect to be taken seriously
>>
>>384896309
I didn't build a PC exclusively to play paragon anon, it's free, casual and gets constant support, so no problems here. But several other games actually look better at 21:9, specially strategy games.

>>384896673
If you are using 4chan, any phone with internet, a mail provider, etc .. you are already part of the botnet anon don't fool yourself, also paragon or 21:9 resolutions are not Win10 exclusive anyway
>>
>>384896873
>I'll justity windows 10 because my meme monitor and garbage MMO
sometimes I really wish comments like yours were bait
>>
>>384897036
Mine is not but yours is new friend.
>>
>>384896873
>if you own a smartphone you should use windows 10
pathetic
a
t
h
e
t
i
c
>>
Piracy and good multiplayer games.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.