[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no xcom style WW2 game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1577.png (208KB, 489x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1577.png
208KB, 489x385px
>tfw no xcom style WW2 game
>>
commando series
>>
>>384890440
Pretty sure there actually is. Forgot the name, something like Commandos, I think.
>>
>another ww2 game
yawn. anyone remember when developers actually tried?
>>
>>384890543
>>384890573
Commandos is more of a puzzle game though
>>
File: 2 for 1.webm (973KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2 for 1.webm
973KB, 1280x720px
You mean literally Silent Storm series? There's even an x-com easter egg in the first game.
>>
>>384890865
The only bad thing about SS is when after some leveling up you have to do like 5 headshots to even kill an enemy.
Using headshots always kill destroys whole aiming percentage so its not a solution.
Also bullet spungeness in later game and PK and no mods to fix either.
>>
>>384891178
I mean there are mods for no PK but then the game become too easy since PK's are switched with some regular soldier making the game too easy.
>>
>>384891178
>5 headshots to even kill an enemy.
I guess it depends on difficulty settings, but a sniper can consistently get 1 hit kill headshots even without using snipe mode
>>
Can you name your soldiers in these games?
Do you feel sad, a loss even when your veteran soldier dies?
Can you artistically create backstories and comradery between soldiers in your head?
>>
File: War. War never changes.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
War. War never changes.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>384890440

>tfw no xcom style Cold War/WW3 game
>>
>>384891672
>I guess it depends on difficulty settings
On normal difficulty IIRC, just enemy vs your level and level affects damage which means your nagant can be either an absolute waste of space or a weapon to rip and tear.
>>
>>384891807
7,62 high calibre and marauder are about as close as it gets
>>
>>384893000
>7,62 high calibre
Dont know about marauder but 7,62 is more strategy game with pause mode.
Different mood than anything xcom or ss like.
>>
its called 101st Airborne in Normandy

fucking children
>>
>>384893103
Marauder also uses smart pause mode
>>
>>384893251
In which case neither of them are like xcom, there is certain feel to calm methodical pace of turn based tactics game.

On SS forums I heard people were mentioning "hard west", looked enough ss like.
Not really WWII kind of game but considering how few good tactical games with guns there are might be worth checking out.

My wish someone, somewhere, one day, will turn CoH into turn based tactical game.
Or SS will be re-released with good modding friendly file structure and modern hardware support then we will get our dreams come true.
SS has everything, from levelling up if thats your thing to tons of weapon, various status damage and environmental destruction.
>>
How are you going to balance anti-tank crews?
>>
File: tiger 131.jpg (60KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
tiger 131.jpg
60KB, 615x409px
>>384895201

>Armor should decide the game

Your opinion belongs in the garbage.
>>
>>384895201
If you mean my >>384894219 post about turning CoH into TBS then its rather easy.
just make realistic damage.
This way no suicidal charge with bazooka toward the enemy tank since crew will get gunned down instantly, the only available3 tactics will be sneaking and camping in buildings waiting for occasion (for some reason it reminds of sudden strike 2.
>>
What is silent storm?
>>
>>384895506
This, realism is the best thing since it provides you with game mechanics that is not make believe bullshit but actually existing precondition.
I dont know why people even think that some enforced artificial balance is good.
Its not, its just takes away from experience.
>>
>>384895506
I don't get your reply. I'm not /his/ at all, but I know that AT units have bigger calibre rifles. Shouldnt that be a one hit kill to infantrymen too?
>>
>>384895726
Situation from silent storm.
Had faggot sniper german somewhere on the other reach of the map that pecked at my people the moment they leaned out.

Send my fucking SAS dude with MG to go and amend errors of that sniper ways.
Other people provided him with cover but he still got nicked.

Finally made it behind fucking sniper, faggot camping behind wooden fence.
Run out of ammunition for my MG along the way but its ok I still have revolver.
Pull it out, aim at the back of the head, fucking NKVD cold style bitches.
Make a shot, it connects.
Sweet feeling of fulfilment for split of a second only so short because sniper turns away and fucking ends my already injured guy who went trough hell to get to sniper from behind, a headfucking shot from, blowjob distance took away only 1/3 of his health
This is how I learned Silent Storm has bullshit balance, level up system
>>
Does Valkyria Chronicles count?
>>
>>384896435
Technically yes and the game is fun but I think its pretty weak as far as TBT games go.

SS at this point is the best PC has to offer.
>>
How would a WWII turn-based strategy game that's bigger in scale than SS work?
don't know much WWII, but all the battles I've played in RO2 had much more people than the more covert SS. The CoH games also taught me that they're more squad-based warfare, so I'm a bit baffled to how they're going to implement squads in it.
>>
I don't know how the fuck it would work but I'd like a medieval xcom style game, like for an easy example think game of thrones.
>>
>>384897098
If you have dozens of people then go with squad based control and ability to pick people individually.

If there are less than 15 people under your command then regular control is enough.

>>384897283
I swear I saw it, it was in development although I think it was more fantasy kind of game.
>>
>>384890440
I'd try Brothers in Arms. It's not X-COM style, but still requires strategy and unit control.

If you don't mind modern era, you could try Full Spectrum Warrior.
>>
>>384891807
Soldiers of anarchy?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.