[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Sony make another Handheld?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Will Sony make another Handheld?
>>
Handhelds are dead after the 3DS.
>>
Hopefully not. And if they do, only a retard would go within a mile of the thing after Sony dropped the Vita like a hot stone.
>>
>>384890030
I doubt it
>>
>>384890030
Doubt.

I'd like one though
>>
>>384890030
doubt it. i have a vita and like it a lot but i wouldn't be interested in one anyway.
>>
>>384890030

Can the Vita play PSP games?

Recently got a 3DS for the first time, and was interested in a Vita.
>>
If they were smart they wouldn't. Sony doesn't have the sales pitch of Pokemon or Animal Crossing to hook people on their portables. Sure they have a plethora of weeb shit, but in house is just a fucking joke.

How many art projects from Media Molecule can you put on PlayStation handhelds before you get tired of it? They need new IP's if they ever want to see their handheld division go anywhere.
>>
>>384890593
They'd have to attract real big boy third parties to make exclusives for them, like with the PSP.
That thing had exclusive GTA, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and shieet.

Meanwhile on the Vita most of those series only got ports for it at best.
>>
>>384890030
psvita super slim is coming
>>
>>384890030
wait for TGS
>>
>>384890364
>Can the Vita play PSP games?
That's basically all mine does
>>
File: 2122742-psp.png (2MB, 1363x2690px) Image search: [Google]
2122742-psp.png
2MB, 1363x2690px
Speaking of the PSP, what's the best model for me to get if I want to dig out my old games and play them again? I have an old 1000, but the 2000s and 3000s are pretty damn cheap these days. Also, what about the memory cards and shit?
>>
I doubt they'll try, given how they came so close to the vita being a portable PS3 but fucked it up with overpriced memory, lack of cellphone services, and the lack of of basic controller functionality for PS4 remote play. The thing is bizarrely close to being really good but then fucks it all up with greed and shortsighted decisions. I mean the thing would have sold tens of millions more if you could walk in to A cell phone store and get a Vita on a cell phone plan and include all the shit that parents want their kids to have like tracking and the ability to call any time.
>>
>>384891761
>overpriced memory
Oh shit, I remember that now. That's one of the reasons why I stopped using my Vita.
>check amazon
>still $100 for 64gb
Jesus fuck, I assume nobody ever made cheaper unofficial memory cards?
>>
>>384890876

If I use a Vita to play stuff like Mohun, can you use the second stick to control the camera?
>>
>>384891761
If the PS4 hadn't been a success on the level it has been, Mark Cerny would've been out on his ass in an instant.
>>
File: E00016-1.jpg (82KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
E00016-1.jpg
82KB, 1024x768px
>>384891108
The best model is the 3001 and there are ton of MS Pro Duo adapters to put cheap micro SDs
>>
>>384890030
Yes, it will be a PS4 hybrid home/handheld console with detacheable controllers, called the Playstation Shift.
>>
>>384892032
if you have a Henkaku Vita you can get SD2Vita now
>>
>>384891761
people dont want to use their handhelds as phones.
they want to use their phones as phones.

the vita would never be able to compete with peoples iphones and samsungs they care about so much.
>>
>>384890030
Maybe, but they definitely won't support it.
>>
>>384892105
You can, you can actually fully map the buttons to anything you want, even the corners of both touch screens, it's pretty nice. Especially for shit like Megaman Legends, where people have varied control preferences.
>>
>>384892721

I figured it was a long shot, but that's fucking awesome.

Time to find me a Vita.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.