[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing about this guy makes any sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: SundownerI1.png (644KB, 972x788px) Image search: [Google]
SundownerI1.png
644KB, 972x788px
Seriously what was Sundowner's deal? It feels like he was thrown into the game because they needed another boss fight.
>member of the Winds of Destruction who are all named after wind in some way (mistral, monsoon, jetstream)
>>but his name has nothing to do with wind and is about dementia
>other members all use oriental fighting styles (bo staff, sai, katana)
>>but Sundowner uses an exploding shield and giant pair of scissors
>each other members' theme song is sung by them about their past and reason for fighting
>>aside from Sundowner's theme which is about how humanity is destroying the environment(?)
Seriously what was his deal? I feel like there's either a lot of cut content relating to him or he was thrown in last minute.
>>
His role in the game was to be FUCKING INVINCIBLE
>>
Oh and I forgot to mention his boss fight was half-assed and the hardest thing about it was the invincible helicopter compared to which Sundowner himself is more of an annoyance.
>>
File: ceb.jpg (44KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
ceb.jpg
44KB, 500x540px
All those complaints, and he still is the best character.
>>
>>384889441
You can shoot down the helicopter with a rocket launcher, though.

It respawns.
>>
His role is to show the player that he is retarded enough to find reason in games made by Platinum.
>>
>>384889269
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundowner_winds

And his song is about transforming the natural with technology to reach greater heights.

Seems to me you just ignored these points or completely missed them.
>>
File: file.png (151KB, 415x516px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
151KB, 415x516px
>>384889269
A sundowner is a type of wind though.
>>
>staff
>Oriental
K m8

Also Sam's sword is a muramasa
>>
File: ???.jpg (18KB, 142x236px) Image search: [Google]
???.jpg
18KB, 142x236px
>>384890021
>bo staff
>not oriental
>>
File: 1500667891028.png (289KB, 354x385px) Image search: [Google]
1500667891028.png
289KB, 354x385px
>>384890021
You mean murasama
>>
>>384890021
Sam's sword is a katana named Murasama, which is a portmanteau of Muramasa and Masamune, which are two famous katanas of folklore.
>>
The lyrics describe the technological and visual transformation of the environment suffered by the exploitation of natural resources and contamination by humans in order to obtain more and more. The term "Red Sun over paradise," in Japanese culture, references a bloodstained night after a war, but changing the bloody moon into a red sun. The "red sun" would mean a new dawn of drastic changes, humans contaminating the beautiful "paradise," or the world. In fact, before reaching Sundowner, Raiden had to go through a Japanese garden typical of samurai stories.
>>
>>384889441
>>384889506
I just destroyed the helicopter the normal way and it was never all that hard to deal with for me.
>>
Sundowners are the warm, dry winds that make firefighting borderline impossible during parts of wildfire season in California. A fitting reference to Sundowner fanning the flames of war and being American in origin.

Also, his song is about the glorification of the war machine, considering death, destruction, and technology over nature to be beautiful things.
>>
>>384890134
Nips didn't copyright the staff.
>>384890151
>>384890247
Heck off
>>
>>384890490
No shit, the stick as a weapon has been a thing since before humanity as we know it existed, but a bo staff is a specifically eastern martial arts invention.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (118KB, 1199x848px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
118KB, 1199x848px
>>384889269

>Sundowner (wind), a local wind condition in Southern California
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundowner_winds

>aside from Sundowner's theme which is about how humanity is destroying the environment(?)

His theme lyrics are saying that conflict and fighting is a part of the natural world, how even if there's paradise, there is a "red sun" representing war and conflict. He has a big boner for war and fighting, so this fits him perfectly.

>>other members all use oriental fighting styles (bo staff, sai, katana)

He looks like a heavily armored samurai, and fights with machetes.
>>
>>384890780
>>384890268
His armor resembles samurai armor, but samurai didn't use shields (or not extensively as far as I know) nor did they use machetes/scissors.
>>
>>384890736
What makes the bo staff different from a normal staff?
>>
KIDS ARE CRUEL JACK
>>
>>384891175
AND I`M VERY IN TOUCH WITH MY INNER CHILD
>>
File: sc_kilik.jpg (42KB, 580x690px) Image search: [Google]
sc_kilik.jpg
42KB, 580x690px
>>384891068
Like the pike to the spear, a bo staff is longer and heavier than a traditional staff. They also differ in style; Mistral uses a traditional bo staff stance and fighting style, albeit altered for her cyborg hands.
>>
File: 1467038723777.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1467038723777.png
1MB, 852x854px
So the winds of destruction are TMNT. Does that make jack the shredder? What about bladewolf? Who is krang, april, and casey?
>>
>>384891608
jack isn't the shredder, but the ripper
>>
>>384891353
Well shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.