[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devfag here. Is it possible to have collision masks for your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: medium.jpg (26KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
26KB, 640x360px
Devfag here. Is it possible to have collision masks for your player in a 2d platformer like game maker does? I can't use game maker because my project is for a school project and they don't allow it.
>>
File: 1484281422541.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484281422541.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>Unity
>>
>>384886878
Should be possible, yeah.
But seriously mate, why the fuck do you ask this stuff on /v/ of all places? The program has a damn fine and helpful community forum of its own.
>>
File: 1441231712147.png (333KB, 512x812px) Image search: [Google]
1441231712147.png
333KB, 512x812px
>>384887019
>cryengine
>>
>>384887113
>Not using unity forums.
>Mention Unity
>Mention game maker.
>Mention school project.
>Calls himself dev.
I suspect op is a very subtle / sophisticated troll, trying to open a flame war in this thread.

It makes no sense asking it here and not on unity forums and he used awfully lot of triggering words.

>Inb4 Unity / Dev Pick one
>Inb4 unity is shit
>Inb4 game maker is cancer
>Inb4 school project underage fag
>Inb4 hurr Durr if you don't make games in assembly you are shit.
>Inb4 hurr Durr if you don't make games in cpp you are shit.

Am I missing anything? Can we close this thread?
>>
>>384887538
actually mate im 18, i have to repeat a year
>>
>>384887019
unity is being shilled hard. I much prefer UE4 since it doesn't give errors with every little thing.
>>
>>384886878
If you have actual questions like this you're better off making use of /agdg/

In unity masks are based on layers. You can do masked collision detection raw in code but it requires bitshifting. you can google this all easily to get the details
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LayerBasedCollision.html
>>
Please try to learn something other than Unity. I'm not a developer, but I still have a right to complain about it as I've yet to play a Unity game that wasn't 2D or a strategy game that ran properly.
You're trying to make a 2D platformer, I understand. I have a high-end computer but just understand that if you use Unity for even 2D games, you're completely cutting out toasters and laptops from being able to play your game properly, which can be a big chunk of the consumers for 2D games.
>>
>>384889517
retard alert
>>
>>384888901
as I see it, unity gets a lot of undeserved hate because of shit devs, of course I'm not a developer or some shit
not a big fan of it tho
>>
>>384889862
Unity shits the bed with lots of characters in a scene. Unity also shits the bed at trying to pull off AAA graphics. The closest I've seen to AAA realism is Escape from Tarkov, and even then it's not exactly amazing. It's more like Metro in terms of visuals. This being said however, a lot of people give Unity a bad rap unjustly, as it's ultimately the developer who is able to create quality, not so much the engine.
>>
>>384886878

Holy shit I actually understood that. I gotta stop going to these threads.
>>
>>384890020
yeah from the games I've seen with unity, none of them are that amazing graphically, but for shit like the endless series, shadowrun games, furi it's decent, don't know how much better would these play on other engines
but I don't think it's as bad as people claim, if the devs got talent they can make it work, but then again, maybe another engine would be better, I'm not sure
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.