[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did nobody tell me how good this game is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: DOIPoster-1024x586.jpg (105KB, 1024x586px) Image search: [Google]
DOIPoster-1024x586.jpg
105KB, 1024x586px
Why did nobody tell me how good this game is?
>>
Because the wanker kids are playing fucking shit games like Cancer Strike

Day of Infamy should be more popular tho and the devs should nerf the fucking MG rushers
>>
>>384880204
how about nerfing rocket launchers?
>>
>>384881858
How about nerfing flamethrowers too? Okay that no one has any protection aganist fires (not even the fucking flamethrower user what is retarded) but the moment you touch a fire you're dead
>>
>>384881941
go play battlefield if you want to play as a character who can take multiple hits and survive explosions and fire.
>>
How much of an improvement is this over insurgency? I really like insurgency but it doesnt have any appeal for me to go back, which is weird because normally i like games like insurgency
>>
>>384882074
No thanks

If someone sets you on fire with a flamethrower (not continously burning you with it) then you still got a big chamce to survive if you're not a retard

Also you can take multiple hits in DoI too just from pistol bullets.
>>
>>384882302
Like 30% but it depends on what you like

You got no scopes here on other than on sniper rifles, no body armor at all and you got a few more classes

DoI is a hardcore WW2 version of Insurgency and it still gets updates atleast
>>
>>384882310
you do know that a flamethrower is throwing burning fuel right? that shit will stick on to you and burn
>>
>>384882586
Yeah it is going to burn you like shit but you really ain't gonna die in 0.3 second
>>
>>384882409
So pretty much RO2 without vehicles
>>
>>384882717
ro2 is shit in comparison. Doi doesnt have built in lag
>>
>>384882717
And without funny "taunt" voicw lines, without PTSD, no soviets just Amerifags, Commonwealth and the Third Reich

Also the movement is less realistic because it goes on the Source engine

If you are looking for fun realism then go for RO2 or if you want hardcore fun then go with DoI

You aren't going to regret Day of Infamy
[That much]
>>
>>384882759
Sweet, RO2 servers have been dead and ive been looking for something similiar, guess ill try this out
>>
>>384879940
how does it compare to red orchestra 2?
>>
>>384882684
yea, they should replace it with the soldier screaming and flailing uncontrollably in pain
>>
>>384882901
faster paced, more tactical, smaller maps, the successor to day of defeat if you like that as a kid
>>
>>384882957
How the shit is this more tactical
>>
>>384883018
where do I begin? The fact that you can even customize your kit?
>>
>>384883018
Using smoke is mandatory to make a push and it's harder to overwhelm a position since there are less players.
>>
>>384883018
Ro2 has absolutely zero team work and the maps are too big so all the memers just flank endlessly. DOI requires timing, the skill of a competitive shooter like csgo and teamwork
>>
>>384883106
Not exactly tactical

>>384883132
RO2 has smoke granades too
>>
>>384883230
You can still successfully push enemy positions without smoke or artillery in RO2. This is next to impossible in DoI. A good commander will always, ALWAYS win against a bad commander.
>>
>>384883442
Some retards only pick classes just because of the guns

E.q. fucktards picking officer for the SMG, has 0 idea how to call airstrikes

Or picking engineer just to play with the MP40
>>
>>384884174
OK. Not an issue with the game though. The same also happens in RO or any other game that's similar.
>>
For me, it was a dissapointment. All the animations are the same as in Insurgency, the game even has the same bugs as Insurgency. It feels like it was made too cheap, like it's heavily modded Insurgency game.
>>
>>384884356
>It feels like it was made too cheap, like it's heavily modded Insurgency game.
Because it is. So is Rising Storm 2 compared to RO2/RS. Doesn't stop them from being fun and somehow different.
Though I feel like RS2 is a downgrade when it comes to netcode and hit detection
>>
>>384884174
>Or picking engineer just to play with the MP40
The new maps really require engineer for attackers, especially Dunkirk. This map makes Einstoss, that area denial portable flamethrower, actually useful.
>>
File: big noses.jpg (87KB, 835x920px) Image search: [Google]
big noses.jpg
87KB, 835x920px
>>384879940
how is the community?
do players use their mics to coordinate during a typical match?
>>
>>384881941
>the moment you touch a fire you're dead
nah, it can act kinda wonky so you better get close with it which can be hard
>>
>>384885234
>do players use their mics to coordinate during a typical match?
If you play on American servers. Also there's 3D voice audio and you'll have to get a radio to speak to and hear other people with radios over long distances.
>>
>>384885234
Yes if it's an american server. Europeans communicate fuck all and play like retards

t. european
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.