[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so much hate from the community?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: brutaldoomcover.jpg (521KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
brutaldoomcover.jpg
521KB, 1024x768px
Why so much hate from the community?
>>
Because the dev's a fucksock
>>
>>384874983
But the mod still good, why he sucks?
>>
>>384874726
Gets touted as the best mod ever by people who never play doom. Draws in faggots that shit up the community and demand to make it compatible with every other mod or map. Add to that the developer was a fuckwit.
>>
iirc, the dev just stole a bunch of shit from other mods and lumped it together
>>
>>384875019
Because I said so.
>>
>>384875603
You got a point.
>>
It's not the DOOM but better that it makes itself out to be. It's a fine mod, it's just very different from DOOM's style (again, which is fine). It's not the be-all-end-all, it's just a nice mod.
>>
>>384874726
Because doom community is full of nu-male SJW cucks. Proof for this are the comments against MarkIV
>>
File: jej.jpg (30KB, 346x350px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
30KB, 346x350px
>>384874726
because it goes in the exact opposite direction from doom with gimmicks such as executions and reloading which kill the pacing yet it has the audacity to presents itself as the definitive way to play doom like carmac and romero intended
>>
It's more of a reaction to all the fucking idiots that keep spouting
>Why isn't this wad compatable with the best wad (Brutal Doom)?!
>Brutal Doom is what Id would've done if they had the tech! (Ignoring how the wad changes fundamental designs of doom
>>
>>384875757
But there is a "classic mode" in the mod, with just the gore and the good stuff.
>>
It's more popular than the vanilla game now and nostalgiafags can't handle it.
They also can't accept that it's better than vanilla Doom, which aged like shit.
>>
>>384875974
It should be the default then
>>
>>384875746
Soumds like you don't know any of the valid critisisms like the plagerism
>>
>>384876295
Why not both?
Everyone wins.
>>
>>384876241
It wouldn't say it aged all that poorly. I finally actually played E1 and E2 through for the first time recently and the only major change I felt was necessary to enjoy it was getting mouselook working better.
>>
>>384875019
>but the mod is good
The gore effects are fun, but gameplay is butchered. It's literally ADD edgelord, "muh headshots" -tier garbage reflecting the personality of the mentally unstable BR that designed it.

Just get Ketchup and some other graphical mods on the vanilla gameplay and you have much better experience.
>>
>>384876704
What's wrong with headshots? I had tons of fun headshoting demons with a pistol from distance.
>>
project brutality is better
smooth doom is the best gameplay wad
>>
>>384877064
It's from the same team
>>
People still playing the vanilla game of a 20 year old game complain when someone brings something new to the table.
>>
>>384874726
Because millennials think Doom was all about the gore now, see Nu-Doom
>>
>>384876704
You weren't even alive when Doom came out. What are you complaining about?
>>
>>384877789
But gore make it a better experience and a better game, at least for doom does
>>
the latest brutal doom updates really fine tune the details, sprites and feel of the game. I overall like sgtmark's approach to the style of weaponry.

I love project brutality more overall, especially due to the enhanced melee; quick knife and slide are essential to me now.

Though Brutal Doom vanilla has added something recently that straight up let's you grab imps and zombie guys and chuck them around (in addition to exploding barrels) after getting a berserker pack. initially you could do this by meleeing an opponent on their knees but it didn't always work; this method makes you feel like a fucking monster just literally chucking fucking bodies around it's kind of incredible.
>>
File: 2482459569256.jpg (63KB, 490x497px) Image search: [Google]
2482459569256.jpg
63KB, 490x497px
>>384874726
>Get out of my modding scene normies! REEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>384877064
Smooth Doom with the "High Quality Sound Effects" is really pretty damn neat.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.