[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>better combat than any souls game >never even talked about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_0398.jpg (41KB, 256x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
41KB, 256x282px
>better combat than any souls game
>never even talked about
>>
>>384873097
>no meme invasions or pvp
>>
>>384873209
it has pvp

it just isn't good pvp, but neither is souls pvp
>>
>>384873097
>PS Exclusive

Simple as that
>>
It was talked about for a few weeks to help placate the people who bought the port machine, but then P5 and Nier came out and people moved on.
>>
It's good, but the levels are kinda boring and a lot of the bosses suck tits, especially that last one.
>>
>>384873097
DLC comes out next week, be patient.
>>
File: niohhino.jpg (123KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
niohhino.jpg
123KB, 740x416px
>>384873097
>little to no enemy variation
>shitty level design
>some crappy bosses
Man was I glad when I almost reached the end-boss just to find out that I have to beat 4 old bosses again but this time even stronger.
That was the last straw for me and I sold it. Their idea of difficulty is just not fun but feels like a chore.
"W-What if this boss again but this time two of it???" Yeah good job, lads.
I agree the combat was good but I wouldn't say better.
>>
>has like two different enemies
>learn their patterns
>win
>>
>>384874647
>human boss
>stunlock
>win
What a joke.
>>
What's there to talk about? The game's story is loosely based on historical events but never tries to be engaging or interesting, and the sheer amount of RNG and grind scares off all but the most autistic. There's plenty of discussion when the DLC comes out, and that's all it really needs.
>>
>>384874536
you mean a boss rush you fucking mong?
>>
File: 1445264224157.jpg (94KB, 633x591px) Image search: [Google]
1445264224157.jpg
94KB, 633x591px
>>384873097
Looked interesting but lost my attention, they should have released it on PC. I wasn't going to fork up 60 to play on my ps4.
Torrenting
>>
>>384874536
>I agree the combat was good but I wouldn't say better

it was definitely more intricate and engaging, therefore better
>>
great game and i agree the combat was great. My only gripes are with enemy variety, lack of variety in settings and the fact that eventually you become overly powerful. The devs def should've added more "end game" enemies to keep up with the powerlevel of a character with all of his skills.
>>
>worse combat than ninja gaiden
>better combat than meme souls
Nioh is a weird middle ground that didn't attract crazyfags or soulsfags
>>
>>384873097
>never even talked about

because its a ps4 exclusive. any sort of discussion quickly turns into a shitposting "shill" thread.
>>
I haven't had the time or the money to get it, but now it's about 40 on Amazon so I'll probably pick it up soon.
>>
By better combat do you mean faster?

If there's something that I kinda dislike about souls games is how everything feels kinda slow. Kinda.
>>
>>384875701
becoming extremely powerful is kind of what makes it fun

it reminded me of demon's souls

end game WotD is unbalanced and sort of a mechanics playground for the autistic
>>
>>384875835
not just faster

vast movesets and weapon skills with mechanics for refunding stamina while simultaneously swapping movesets

it's more responsive and plays at 60 fps as well
>>
>>384875980
being a PC bro is pretty fucking stupid these days, fuck.
>>
>>384876235
here is a soulsfag explaining the basic mechanics if you're interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp04chA_DFE
>>
To be honest the demo was a bit shit so I didn't even pick the game up. On paper it sounds good, but in reality it was rough.
>>
>>384873097
The PVP was largely fixed way too late and the levels are repetitive and have very poor design.
>>
File: 1499992557283.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1499992557283.gif
565KB, 147x154px
Souls boss
>balls to the wall dodging, timing, parrying, resource management

Nioh boss
>cast slow
>spam your spells
>win

>actually thinking Nioh is better
>>
>>384877003
sloth was nerfed, anon

it only lasts for ~8 seconds now on bosses or something ridiculously short like that

moreover, you can do worse with magic in souls games anyway

like kill any boss in 4 hits with css at range
>>
>>384876853
how was pvp "fixed"?
>>
>>384873097
The ambiguous storytelling thing constitutes a lot of the reason Souls/BB are still talked about so frequently. People can easily fill up a thread with their headcanon and retarded fan theories, whereas Nioh plays it pretty down the line with a PS2-era action game plot. Plus like most Kou Shibusawa games, Nioh's story and setting is pretty much aiming solely for history enthusiasts, and katana nutcases like Will /k/eith and that infamous guy on the train. People at large aren't really interested in the Battle of Sekigahara or whatever. Also you need to take into account that a lot of people here outright find the feudal Japan theme unappealing. It's not just Nioh, threads devoted to games like Onimusha and Genji always peter out at barely 50 replies.
>>
>>384877216
I'd imagine magic still trivialises the game as long as it causes Discord
>>
>>384877003
>Souls boss
>block with heavy shield
>win
>>
>>384877628
you have a set number of casts and no way to replenish them and the element infliction scales with your onmyo power so it doesn't get really good at inflicting discord until WotD when you'd have 99 in magic

its no more broken than DaS1 magic is
>>
Devil May Cry 4 has better combat than Devil May Cry 3 yet the latter is still considered the better game.

Simply having good combat is not enough to make a great and memorable game.
>>
>>384877628

You're better off equipping 2 elemental weapons to land discord, and ninjutsu builds are much more effective at cheesing enemies from long ranges. Onmyo magic is still extremely useful, but its real power lies in its buffs and debuffs rather than its offensive spells.
>>
>>384877821
>got OP sword from random first dark knight you cheesed to death with bombs
>one-hit everything in first half of the game
brilliant game design
>>
File: Oda-San.jpg (347KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oda-San.jpg
347KB, 1280x720px
Can you play as Japan's badboy in Dark Souls?
>>
>>384877946
>Devil May Cry 4 has better combat

worst meme on this board. More options at once doesnt automatically mean better unless youre a retarded robot that cant comprehend the choice of limiting player options for design purposes. It also doesnt help that it has a horrendous, clunky control scheme and one of the worst mechanics ever conceived in an action game (style switching) when other games can comfortably fit their entire toolkit on the controller without some retarded JRPG paradigm shift
>>
>>384873097
Because SoulsShit was not the standard it had to live up to so it failed miserably. This game is the biggest wet noodle in a long LONG time, other games are just naturally shit but this one had all the potential and it wasted it all away.

>ridiculous lack of enemy variety
>what enemies there are are dull
>no level variety
>forgettable plot, characters and writing
>broken mechanics left and right

I mean it's been discussed over and over, that's just scratching the surface.

Also it's amazing how this game managed to have one of the most generic and bland soundtracks in video game history. With that setting they could have literally made a GOAT soundtrack, i was expecting some Last Samurai/Onimusha 1 shit and instead i got nothing, There are only 2 tracks in the whole game worth noting, it's amazing how both Dead or Alive 5 and Ninja Gaiden ended up with better tracks of the same theme then the fucking game that's all about that very theme.
>>
>>384877894
>>384878048
I Haven't tried a ninjutsu build but don't you literally cause a elemental ailment with one summon guardian spell and another with a couple of elemental shots, which then you can cycle through your elemental weapons and finally buff your weapon for the last elemental?
Of course this only works against youkai bosses, but I'm pretty sure that a couple of summon guardians launches both youkai and humans up, which you can stab humans after they land.
>>
>>384878613
>screenshot of Ninja Gaiden 3
fuck off m8 you don't know shit.
>>
>>384878949
>Ninja Gaiden 3

You're a faggot, play some video games instead of talking about shit you don't know you underage bot.
>>
>>384879040
wow i sure like rocketlaunchers and forced combat arenas and no shops, so much fun!
>>
>>384879112
>wow i sure like rocketlaunchers

You must love Ninja Gaiden 2 then

>forced combat arenas

LMAO what is this? What genre do you even think it is?

>no shops

Fucking kek, i thought it would be the usual shit replies regarding Ninja Gaiden but it turns out to just be a legit casual shitter. There's actually a shot in the game though, just not for your misplaced healing items in an action game.
>>
>>384879379
*shop
>>
The combat is good but the player and camera movement feels like a PS2 game which sadly let's it down.
>>
>>384879379
i do love ninja Gaiden 2

the "oh no my arm hurts lets kill demons" arenas are the most lazy padding i've ever seen in the game and completly ruin the flow of the game

the shop is just a skilltree and it's terrible
>>
>>384878613
So your complaint is, primarily, that this game that isn't Ninja Gaiden, isn't Ninja Gaiden.
>>
File: Nioh.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>384873097
>>384873097
I've finishing up DaSIII I'm almost done with it. After that I'll finish Nioh, it's been good thus far some of the smaller enemies are reused too often but the bosses and the techniques have been really fucking fun thus far. It certainly is the best Souls clone ever made by someone other than From. PS4 has been overwhelmed with games this year, after Nioh I'll do Nier then finish off Farpoint and then I'll continue with Horizon which is quite massive and really has a dope aesthetic. Too many games not enough time bro.
>>
File: Nioh2.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh2.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>384879714
wrong pic
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>384879563
No retard, learn how to read instead of waving posts you don't agree with off. My complaint is that this game is a worse SoulsShit through and through instead of being it's own thing. And if it was gonna pull inspiration from other games they could have done it from their own games instead of jumping ship to cash in on the hotest meme garbage de jour

>>384879542
>i do love ninja Gaiden 2

Thus proving my point that you're a faggot with no reason behind your bot posts

>the "oh no my arm hurts lets kill demons" arenas are the most lazy padding i've ever seen in the game and completly ruin the flow of the game
>Complaining about fights in an action game
>Complaining about shit that happens like 5 times in the whole game

>the shop is just a skilltree and it's terrible

It's terrible because it doesn't let you buy the healing items you farmed essence for and brute force the game
>>
Souls is popular for more than just it's combat.
>>
>>384880310
>Complaining about fights in an action game
>Complaining about shit that happens like 5 times in the whole game
fights for the sake of having fights is terrible.
and it happens every other normal encounter dude.
it happens so often that i stopped playing the game, you should replay it and see how many fucking interruptions there are just to have a shitty combat arena
Ninja Gaiden 3 combat isn't even that good.
>>
>>384880385
the combat has always been the biggest draw for most people
>>
File: Nioh tengu.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh tengu.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>Tengu enemy
>Amazing design

>Has like 3 attacks, 2 of which he only uses once every full moon.

I'd say this was Team Ninja pandering to Soulsfags but honestly that wouldn't be doing SoulsShit any justice. How did they fuck up this game so bad?
>>
>>384880509
The fact that you keep calling it Ninja Gaiden 3 means i should probably stop replying to you.

>Fights for the sake of fights

You mean like every action game ever? Or does every combat segment needs to have a Jackie Chan "You killed my uncle!" scenario supporting it?
>>
>>384880549
Souls has an interesting original world which people loved to discuss and speculate about, and multiplayer to do even after you've beaten the game regularly.

Nioh had no real mutiplayer and is based on real japanese mythology which doesn't leave much to discuss.

I would also say the difference in combat between is a simple as "Nioh's better in every way".
>>
>>384880549
>the combat of Dark Souls has always been it's biggest draw
No.
>the perceived "difficulty" of Dark Souls' combat has always been it's biggest draw.
Yes.
>>
File: NinjaGaiden3.jpg (126KB, 1707x455px) Image search: [Google]
NinjaGaiden3.jpg
126KB, 1707x455px
>>384880716
what else would i call it you autist? am i getting baited here?
and i would like my enemy encounters to be set in the gameworld and not in my characters head.
seeing the same circular arena with the red background over and over again sure is fun for 10 hours!
>>
File: Hinoenma.jpg (39KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
Hinoenma.jpg
39KB, 600x333px
>>384873097
She's a good fight
>>
>>384873097
The combat may be better, but it lacks in so much else. The world just isn't captivating. I got about halfway through the game and just stopped playing. Didn't hate it or anything, just didn't feel like playing anymore. The game wasn't drawing me in.
>>
>>384880310
I do not agree with your assessment of either this game, the Souls games, or Ninja Gaiden.

Nioh requires more investment to open up the fighting toolbox, but it's really not that much more than, say, Devil May Cry forces you. Plus, they give you endless opportunities to completely rearrange your stats and skills if you don't like your current configuration, or if you just want to try something new.

The fact that so many enemies are repeated isn't much of a flaw, because THEIR movesets are also substantial enough to make them interesting. Especially, enemies being repeated means you get many opportunities to approach them in different ways, in different environments.

It's like Doom. Doom doesn't have much in the way of enemy variety, but their placement and environment impact how you can approach them.

The story isn't terrible; it just requires you to give a shit. I also enjoyed the soundtrack; while it was instrumentally a great deal more reserved and traditional than Dead or Alive 5 and Ninja Gaiden, it was appropriately bombastic when it needed to be, and the melancholic theme of the game carried through in the ambiance.

I think this game just wasn't for you. That doesn't make it shit.
>>
>>384873097
Fairly generic in all other ways.
>>
File: Cross my legs and hipe to die.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cross my legs and hipe to die.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>384881010
Well you should call it Ninja Gaiden 3 since you are fucking retarded enough to be talking about an irrelevant trash game instead of the completely different and actual legitimate third entry into the Ninja Gaiden series called Razor's Edge.

Serves me right for giving you enough credit to reply i guess
>>
File: Autism-Writing.jpg (645KB, 5000x3267px) Image search: [Google]
Autism-Writing.jpg
645KB, 5000x3267px
>>384881365
>wow how dare you call Ninja gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Ninja Gaiden 3. That's so wrong and disrespectful
>>
>>384881365
im with you senpai
razor's edge is so fucking hardcore, i fucking love it
fuck this souls shit meme, gaming is dying because of crap like this
>>
File: Thinkin of (You)s.jpg (51KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
Thinkin of (You)s.jpg
51KB, 640x488px
>>384881543
>two completely different versions of a game
>I'm gonna refer to them by the same name for the sake of discussion because I'm a retard who doesn't know what he's talking about

Enjoy your last (You)
>>
>>384881060
Oh anon, you were so nice and polite with your post but literally non of it is true...

I don't think the game is shit though, i just think it's the definition of mediocre when it could have easily been a gen defining title.
>>
>>384873097
>shit level design

your move creep
>>
Where my Odachi bois?
Who /HEAVYARMOUR/ here?
>>
File: 1477983385757.png (284KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
1477983385757.png
284KB, 400x473px
>>384883216
>mfw facetanking all bosses on WotD
Todo always wins, baby!
>>
>>384875675
Player action isn't the only thing going into combat. What about enemies, the area that you're fighting in, etc
>>384878613
fuck off nigger gaiden you faggots are always
>hurr fuck you ninja gaiden is hard hurr is your game hard why aren't more games like ninja gaiden hurr
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.