[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw nobody is playing wow anymore on EU atleast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 28

File: 1231312312312.jpg (803KB, 2827x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1231312312312.jpg
803KB, 2827x1608px
>tfw nobody is playing wow anymore
on EU atleast
>>
can you blame them?
>>
>>384869268

Why the fuck would anyone play retail? Its literally the gutted corpse of a game.
>>
>>384869791
i blame blizzards shit quest design because i cant do blood infusino alone
>>
File: 1494517952418.png (198KB, 1102x699px) Image search: [Google]
1494517952418.png
198KB, 1102x699px
>>384869268
>>
>>384870302
>all those chink games I've never heard of
>>
>>384870302

>mass effect:andromeda

really
>>
My biggest problem with WoW relates to all of these awful things like LFR and achievements and artifacts and garrisons, even the copious amount of mounts, and that is that nothing is sacred. Nothing has any value because the devs treat it that way.

You worked your butt off to get that new mount years ago, then one expansion later they are releasing reskins of that mount that don't even require an ounce of the effort you put in, and they look practically identical. You poured so much time into getting that great title, maybe it was for a final boss kill back in the day, or maybe it was some other great feat. Well now that raid is piss easy and little Timmy can still earn the title too (again, for a minuscule fraction of the time and effort), gone is the value in that. "What a waste of time" is what should be going through anyone's head when they see that shit happen to them firsthand. That is a big reason why people left. There is no reason to stay because one way or another you are going to get burned by the devs themselves. They don't care, they just want the paycheck.

The only thing I can think of that they treated with dignity were the challenge mode sets, and even those have a shit knockoff recolor released already. I realize they have achievements these days for the top tier raid kills that aren't able to be earned afterwards, but that is like a drop in the bucket comparatively. Nobody gives a shit about achievements, that is not where the players place value in the game. People care (cared) about great armor and weapons, about titles and mounts, people were once impressed by the level you were! But Blizzard has no problem tossing anything aside once they are done with it.

I suppose what this all leads back to is that the WoW team is fucking lazy, and when you combine that with their apparent inability to relate to the game and its players you end up with this rotten shit.
>>
>>384870302
Getting beat by world of tanks, a game that is losing players every month.
>>
>>384870302

>unverifiable
>there are fags on /v/ RIGHT NOW who will take anything as proof to support their bias
really activates my almonds
>>
File: CrossFire-boss-health.jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CrossFire-boss-health.jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
>>384870302
what the FUCK happened to crossfire?
>>
>>384870302
>Crossfire
>Dungeon Fighter Online
>New Westward Journey Online ll
>Lineage l
what
are these korean mmos
>>
they should just merge realms into like 5 big ones and remove all cross-realm
>>
>>384872240
merge ALL the servers together then it truly will be world of warcraft
>>
>>384869268
Blizzard doesn't care about WoW anymore now that their new focus is World of Diablo. Screencap this post for when they reveal it at Blizzcon 2018.
>>
>>384871503
WoW has less than 3 million players in the west dude its fucking dire. They let Russell Brower go because his job is literally fucking redundant now that theyre outsourcing their audio to the chinks
>>
>lead composer is gone
what does this game even have going for it anymore? the music was the last good thing
>>
>>384871240
The thing that pissed me off is you try to put inthe effort to form groups to do raids even legacy raids. Then there are so many retards it becomes like pulling teeth to get legacy stuff.
But if you wait an expansion or two suddenly all that stuff can be soloed. So in a sense co-operation is not worth it in wow
>>
>>384869268
>>>/vg/
>>
>>384873087
Nah, the music in Legion and WoD was incredibly uninspired. He hadn't done any real standout work since WotLK.
>>
>>384870302
WoW is obviously on its way out the door, your meme chart proves nothing
>>
>>384871240
>all these tears
I agree LFR, Garrisons and artifacts were terrible additons to the game but I knew exactly where your post was going as soon as you pulled meme statements like
>nothing is sacred
>you worked your butt of for a mount and now reskins
It's a fucking game, god forbid anyone have cool things. Sorry you can't sit around in Stormwind shitting into your bucket hoping people "admire" your "status symbol".
>>
I have NEVER understood the hatred for LFD and LFR. When you spend half a decade on a truly dead server
, a half hour queue seems magical.

>>384872850
Remember when people were so pissed about the state of WoD, that they had to announce Legion months before Blizzcon? It only became worse from there.

>>384872691
It will be a world of cancelled subscriptions. Nobody wants world PVP when they are trying to do holiday events.
>>
>>384875037

Spot the keyboard turning shitter.
>>
>>384875520
instead of making more empty server with lfd/lfr why wont tthey just merge servers?
>>
>>384876618
Madness, utter and absolute madness.
>>
>>384875520
>You lived long enough to see Elitist Jerks destroy WoW from the inside
Based Gurgthock and Hamlet
>>
>>384871583

lineage 1 is basically korea's ultima online, some people are so invested that they don't hesitate to spend $1k+ for in game items
>>
>>384876618
For people with graphics cards under 4GB of on-board RAM, too many people on the screen at the same time can crash the program.
>>
>>384876914
sorry to tell you but you are retarded m8
>>
>>384869268
I am tho
>>
>>384876914
Except that player models take barely any rendering or memory in WoW because they're shit.
>>
File: 1492299416506.jpg (49KB, 637x478px) Image search: [Google]
1492299416506.jpg
49KB, 637x478px
>>384869268

The format saw it's time, and now it's over.

Atari was seen as the beginning and end of gaming,and then it wasn't. WoW will experience and has, the same thing. MMO is done.
>>
>>384870302
>dota 2 not even in top 10
i am skeptical
>>
>>384869791
>>384869840
>im angry at a video game xD
>>
>>384870302
I just wish the English dfo was doing as well as this chart seems to make out
>>
>>384875520
Their new approach is to make every system in the game a fucking skinnerbox.
>>
File: Joustarcadegame.png (19KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
Joustarcadegame.png
19KB, 300x235px
>>384877215

Imagine right now, if you could play multiplayer, fighter joust right now on a PS4 or whatever.

That's what it's about. Joust is the very core of multiplayer.
>>
>>384871240
>My biggest problem with WoW relates to all of these awful things like LFR and achievements and artifacts and garrisons, even the copious amount of mounts, and that is that nothing is sacred. Nothing has any value because the devs treat it that way.

Agreed fully at Catalyscm they should of closed off the storyline and redone the whole game with a new story, maybe even reset the whole game to level 1.

Letting those people who earnt those mounts keep them on the new characters there is exactly no reason to have de-leveled legacy dungeons and the real dungeons exist at the same time.

They could of put that shit in Caverns of Time and made re-skins for old dungeons in the theme of the expansion, Imagine an Pandaeran Theme Molten Core, or a Warlord Theme Ruins of Ahraj where the insects are focus on use of metal chains.

There is no reason for the old raids from WOTLK, TBC or Vanilla raids or dungeons to exists except for the few crybabys who want a flying head and a undead flying horse.

>of these awful things like LFR and achievements and artifacts and garrisons

There is no problem with LFR and Achievements, Artifacts and Garrisons.

This all should of been done in the new game and fixed.

Garrisons they could of expanded a little in each expansion instead of fucking abandoning it where it's built upon each other, like bring your sunsong ranch to the Garrison and your Garrison Troops are linked to your own class hall
(the real problem with Garrison is that the troops aren't randomized and you SHOULD only recieve one garrison per account to share amongst your alts and make them your followers in the garrison when your not playing them.)

But now the game is focused on fucking PVP, where 95% of the patch is just class balances which no one cares about and 5% is on crappy PVE content which matters
>>
>>384877456

Be more fun than PVP WOW that's for sure.

>>384877104

Spot the Blizzard cuckoid.
>>
>>384877097

And even LOL, though you should read it's Digital Sales of games not Digital Content.
>>
>>384870302
>No pso2
>No pso2es

Worldwide my ass.
>>
>>384877828

It's all fun dude, I don't find a reason to be cynical.

I thought blizzard was done when they partnered with activision, and I was right. All the same, who gives a shit? We all saw it coming, and didn't sub anymore. So why the sour fucking grapes?
>>
File: Squiddick.png (35KB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
Squiddick.png
35KB, 221x200px
Nah, still the top MMO. Sorry youre mad Trashmyst got shut down in 5 hours
>>
They refuse to do anything about artifact power or legendaries so the game will remain a shitheap
>>
>>384877698
Your post looks like it was writen by a 13yo retard.
>>
>>384877053
Logically, one would assume that. Turning the graphics up to ultra still looks like garbage, but people with top end graphics cards tend to have less problems than people with integrated graphics. Even without spell effects.
>>
>>384878084
artifact power has been changed every major patch, what are you talking about?

it's fine the way it is now, mathematically useless to grind but still gives a sense of progression when doing random shit
>>
>>384878108
>top end graphics cards tend to have less problems than people with integrated graphics
No fucking shit, breaking news people with better hardware have better performance and people who don't meet the minimum reqs have problems. That doesn't mean that having less than 4gb of vram is going to cause you crashes because player models are on screen.
>>
>>384878108
Maybe just maybe invest into a better computer you utter faggot.
>>
>>384878237
Do you know how much of a pain it is with alts?

I need to get three artifacts per class (four for druid) Then I need to complete the class hall campaign to unlock the third relic slot. Then I need to finish the broken shore opener to unlock the empowerment quests. Then I need to do the empowerment quest for each artifact. Then I need to head to Suramar and do all those quests again so I can get artifact power quickly. And I still won't have enough artifact power after finishing the Suramar questline to bring all three artifacts up to the Concordance traits.

After that I need legendaries for each spec and they need to be good legendaries and three decent relics. Then and only then am I powerful enough to raid normal Tomb of Sargeras on one character.
>>
File: 1484477721314.png (360KB, 607x555px) Image search: [Google]
1484477721314.png
360KB, 607x555px
>>384877698
>There is no problem with LFR and Achievements, Artifacts and Garrisons.
there's nothing wrong with achievements (as they literally do not effect gameplay, and you could easily include achievements in vanilla with no gameplay changes), but LFR, Artifacts, and Garrisons all negatively impact the game.
LFR exists to sate the literal anti-social autists who are afraid of interaction, and also acts as a barrier to entry for new players who want to actually get in to raiding. They see "LFR", think "oh, that's a raid!" click it, Kill the endboss in one attempt, and think that's all the game has to offer. Not to mention the people who farm LFR, and never get out of LFR.
Garrisons were a massive resource drain to an otherwise extremely promising expansion. You can't even count on two hands the amount of MAJOR dropped features from WoD that were all sacrificed in order to "complete" the garrison (which by the way was extremely negatively received). Not to mention that they exist specifically in order to timegate individuals from future content (getting your WoD Ring). Garrisons also broke the WoW economy by injecting massive amounts of gold into the game for nothing via Garrison missions with Gold follower bonuses. It doesn't belong in WoW PERIOD.
Artifacts serve as an artificial barrier to entry for ever spec in the game. Although it's not a huge issue now, artifacts have plagued the entirety of Legions existence by making a gigantic time gate on every single class. It is actually such a gigantic time gate (along with legiondarys) that it is preferable and often 3-4 months faster to just... buy a character. Some features about artifacts are enjoyable, such as unlockable special appearances, but they enjoyment is rather short lived when you realize that we lost weapons in general as a sacrifice to develop artifacts. They exist from an objective standpoint, only in order to timegate players.
Everything you hate about legion WILL be doubled down on next expac.
>>
>>384878098

And I'm not gonna fix it for you fucking spastic. You either gonna say, why are you spending all this time writing this shit or your a fucking retard.

I take the latter.
>>
>>384869268
I quit therefor everyone else must've quit too!: the thread
>>
File: played to 890.png (407KB, 592x531px) Image search: [Google]
played to 890.png
407KB, 592x531px
>>384878825
Alts literally aren't hard at all. Your order campaign is mostly passive. You can get an alt raid ready in a weekend, tops. You don't need to do Suramar at all either, this character was at 49 traits when I took this image without touching it. The Class Hall campaign gives ~500m AP at AK 40.
>>
>>384879345
You need 2.2 billion just to get concordance

It's so goddamn boring doing it a third time
>>
>>384879426
You don't need concordance unless you're donig mythic prog, and if you're doing that then gettingi t won't be even half a problem since you'll be in on heroic farm runs which give you ~800m a week.
>>
>Decide to try a New Players server
>guilds NEVER trial their members
>large guilds with less than 8 raiders
>big raid teams with absolute trash tanks and heals
>ALWAYS looking for people on the premade finder
>guild finder filled with old messages from 2010
>transfer to a "full" realm
>never had to wait in a queue to log in
>guilds trial their members
>plenty of semi-hardcore guilds
>major cities filled with players
This game just needs to merge realms.
>>
>>384878995

I disagree, LFR is fine the way it is, some people like a challenge, some people don't want to play the game for long periods of time. You do get the clowns who only do LFR and there are some who breeze through the game without playing the game as a whole but overall LFR is just a preview to the boss.

What I hated is that Blizzard made fucking 10 difficulties of raiding when their should only be 3.

To me Garrisons belong in the game if and only if they done the right thing in the first place and they fucking didn't.

Garrisons should have expanded on the Sunsong Ranch where it was brought into Dreanor and then the Garrison brought into the Class Hall.

What I hated about the Garrison and told Blizzard about this, is that there should only be one GARRISON PER ACCOUNT, as you be spending days doing money missions, etc and they didn't listen.

Garrisons could of done so much more than it should, instead of adding shitting additions like Garrison raids mounts etc, why not just make one Garrison per account where your ALTS that you don't play at the time as followers where they are working in the workshops which you just made and each alt you maxxed level allows you to expand the Garrison, not only this would answer the massive Gold injection but give cause into leveling alts thus expanding the life of the game.

It just Blizzard down on the concept but half way said "fuck it, people won't notice", everyone did and the game suffered a massive dropout as a result.

I agree with Artifacts, and this relates the Garrison argument, if they gonna do this stop timegating the shit and if you do allow the timeplayed on your main helps your alt.
>>
>>384870302
>world of tanks

Why do people play this?
>>
I quit yesterday, sorry we've missed each other.
>>
>>384878995

I agree with you everything I hate about this expac, will be doubled down.

Blizzard are experts at it. They listen to people who don't play the game.
>>
>>384879775
probably for the same reason anyone plays most old mmos, shitty PCs, though I think WoT got graphics updates because it looks much different now
>>
>>384879634
>new players
>wow

No such thing.
>>
Does everyone get their own loot in raids now
>>
>>384880121
there is a personal loot setting (that can be toggled by the raid leader), and seals of broken fate give you untradable loot, so, yea
>>
>>384879345
but how do you get ak 40?
>>
>>384875037
>Everyone gets a trophy

Fuck that. WoW became shit the moment they started giving handouts to the shitters.
>>
>>384880404
You buy it in your order hall for 1k resources and send it to your alt.
>>
>>384880693
The handouts are essentially blues which has always been the case.

LFR gear is the 4th best gear you can obtain. That's hardly noteworthy.
>>
File: 1498728816329.jpg (108KB, 628x478px) Image search: [Google]
1498728816329.jpg
108KB, 628x478px
>>384870302
Played DFO and it seemed pretty dull. Am I missing something? Why it is popular?
>>
>>384881454
asians love dull grinders with animu characters
>>
File: 8MN1FEB[1].png (159KB, 297x248px) Image search: [Google]
8MN1FEB[1].png
159KB, 297x248px
>>384881454
PLAY YOUR ANIME WORLD!!!
It has a fuck ton of classes that play pretty unique, it's also one of the few outlets for old school beat em up fans.

What class & sub class did you try btw?
>>
>>384872850
Cap'd.
>>
>>384881819
Don't remember honestly, maybe will try it again. Is there some class that's good to start with or it doesn't matter?
>>
>>384879750
>and there are some who breeze through the game without playing the game as a whole but overall LFR is just a preview to the boss.
And this affects a significant amount of people, people who otherwise would've enjoyed raiding at a higher difficulty.

You have to understand that is in your nature to avoid effort and make things as easy as possible. People will, in the vast majority of cases, take the easy approach in games if it is offered to them even though they realize that it would make the game less enjoyable for them.

Take a single player game with an overpowered weapon in it that makes the game extremely easy. You have the choice of not using the weapon, but most people will opt for using it even though it will make the game less fun, because what they see as their goal is beating the game, not having fun while playing it. Grinding in RPGs is similar. This is why you can't include OP stuff in games, because otherwise people will find the game too easy (and therefore boring), because they can't into self imposed challenge.

LFR works in a similar way. You let people reach their goal (seeing the raid, doing the bosses) immediately with no challenge whatsoever, so their motivation to do it on actually fun difficulties basically relies on wanting to get better gear.
>>
File: hmmm.png (297KB, 358x469px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
297KB, 358x469px
>>384870302
HOW the fuck is TCGR wildlands the top grossing console game???
>>
>>384882204
Well all the classes are pretty good but some things to keep in mind.

The crusader (a priest sub class) is the most op class in the game and arguably mandatory for end game content but he's BORING AS FUCK and a pain to level, I can't recommend him to a first time player.

Other than that all class are pretty viable, but stay away from vagabond battle mage, all male mages other than dimension walker, monk, kunoichi, skirmisher, creator(has a weird playstyle), they can work but they take a lot more effort to get going

If you want a braindead class that just destroys everything up until late game though is still very good late game, try the asura.
>>
>>384878995
>and also acts as a barrier to entry for new players who want to actually get in to raiding. They see "LFR", think "oh, that's a raid!" click it, Kill the endboss in one attempt, and think that's all the game has to offer. Not to mention the people who farm LFR, and never get out of LFR.
no it doesn't. people who actually want to raid will do so
>>
>>384879345
gearing up alts is an complete and utter joke. run mythic 15 for 930 loot, and then run ToS normal and heroic, bam, 920 +
>>
>>384882343
does it have micro transactions?
>>
>>384869268
This game went to shit the second Blizzard sold out to Activision.
>>
>>384882772
This. Wrath damaged the game forever.
>>
>>384871553
>he doesn't want to play counter-strike: pacific rim
>>
File: 1429131779270.png (2MB, 10000x9441px) Image search: [Google]
1429131779270.png
2MB, 10000x9441px
>>384882343
contrary to /v/ermins opinions its a seriously fun game to fuck around in and play it tacticool with bros. but /v/ doesnt understand that since /v/ people have no friends or can't actually act sociable ever.
that being said I preordered it with friends and we played through it in 42 hours, completing every sideboss and shit and the game gave us an alternative ending. its actually a good game.
>>
I think most people sort of moved on from WoW, at least most of the players who played for years. Most people I know who played the game either moved on to ESO or FF14 (I'm on the ESO bandwagon myself desu)

ESO is a MMO designed to be able to play with smaller groups of friends which is why it's so good imo, I recommend it to anyone who's looking for an MMO to play with 2 or 3 other friends.
>>
>>384878825
>to bring all three artifacts up to the Concordance traits.
It's not supposed to be easy to gear all three specs, anon

people usually focus on gearing one spec
>>
File: 1498298611933.jpg (29KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1498298611933.jpg
29KB, 800x533px
>>384882549
Thanks, anon, will keep it in mind.
>>
>>384882858
getting wasted with your real life friends is also fun
actually i bet even collective suicide is fun when you are with friends
>>
>>384882858
To be fair tho lots of shit is fun with friends and makes something completely average way better if you got some bros to shoot the shit with the whole time.
>>
>>384883012
Why is it that /v/ can't comprehend the concept of a video game that is made to be played with friends?

There's a very clear difference between games that are funner with friends and games that are made to be played with friends.
>>
>>384882616
>Only 30% haste
>18% crit vs 53% mastery, can't even go AS
>9% fucking verse
>Shoulders and KJ

With that itemization, you're most likely only around 65-70% of the effectiveness of a properly geared Shadow of that ilvl.
>>
>>384870302
This is money from digital sales.
>>
>>384877097
DOTA2 makes money selling keys, and keys aren't DOTA2 specific, thus aren't considered DOTA2 money.
>>
besides the raids and dungeons there's nothing to do

so they try to artificially inflate the amount of hours required to finish the expansion with bullshit like having to wait a week for new items to drop from a raid boss

and having trash daily quests where you grind the same mobs every day

legendary ring = do a raid once a week for 14 weeks

then they keep the raids locked for a few weeks because they know if they released the raids one per day the community would be finished with their expansion in under a week

they're in a vicious cycle they wont break out of
>>
Why don't you faggots just play on Elysium? We have 4chan guilds there and everything. Modern retail WoW is for soccer mom's and normies. Not you.
>>
File: 1418348039490.jpg (51KB, 480x410px) Image search: [Google]
1418348039490.jpg
51KB, 480x410px
>>384883420
>no arcanocrystal
>no belt
>no sephuz'
no fun.
on a good pull I can do 60 stacks of voidform, whilst the people with the right leges and crystal can do 85+. game is rigged and extremely gear dependant and legendary dependant.
>>
File: 1500702680313.png (173KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
1500702680313.png
173KB, 287x287px
>>384870302
>DFO ahead of WoW
>>
>>384870302
>Lineage 1

This is so Asia biased its retarded.
>>
File: 1500530151387.jpg (29KB, 550x528px) Image search: [Google]
1500530151387.jpg
29KB, 550x528px
>>384883625
>We have 4chan guilds

every time someone posts a picture of a chatlog from those I thank my lucky starts that I'm not in one
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072317_122124.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072317_122124.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
Was gonna log in to take some pics of Stormwind to prove you cucks wrong, and this happened.

/v/ unequivocally BTFO
>>
>>384883651
DFO is always absurdly high on these lists, along with other random Korean games. They apparently spend a fuckton on f2p multiplayer games over there.
>>
>>384883869
>playing in a normie guild

How the fuck can you stand it?
>>
>>384870302
god damn how is pokemon go that high up without a gacha
>>
File: 1479726005441.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479726005441.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>384883941
>Jun 27 2017

Unless you're a time traveler, I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>384883869
this. plus they are mostly all awful at the game its impossible to even do anything I remember trying to run some very doable +9s and we couldn't even do that, they get killed by the most easily avoidable mechanics like volcanic
>>
>>384884136
Anon...it's July...
>>
>>384884136
that's the day of the last patch you fucking retard
>>
>>384883941
>only one other faggot in the queue
Sure showed us.
>>
>>384884136
June was last month you fucking ape
>>
>>384884196
>>384884375
When the fuck did I say he was from the future you stupid fucks, calm your fucking autism.

>>384884279
I realise this, but there still isn't proof that's actually happening. Also one other guy waiting in queue doesn't mean the game is blowing up.
>>
>>384884497
>WoW is dying!!!!1
>Evidence it's not
>THAT'S NOT EVIDENCE IT ISN'T DYING I'M REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384885042
>queue is full on the day Mythic releases
Wow what a fucking shock.
>>
>>384883625
>elysium
No thanks, ill wait for a server that will progress from vanilla to tbc.
>>
>>384883625
>4chan guilds
Have you seen /vg/ threads? They are full of tranny and drama shitter, i would rather play with redditors.
>>
>>384883625
What server are you even on, there is a bunch. And what side. And are there people leveling, cause it will take me 2-3 months to be raid prepared.
>>
>>384886324
Elysium, Horde. Dindus of Nuffin. Whisper for an invite.
>>
File: 1500543632592[1].jpg (68KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500543632592[1].jpg
68KB, 460x360px
>>384883941
>Was gonna log in to take some pics of Stormwind to prove you cucks wrong, and this happened.
>image says Jun 27 2017

What, a month ago? Took you a while to upload, are you from Australia?
>>
File: 1420053305100.png (233KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1420053305100.png
233KB, 720x404px
>>384871240
>tfw finding out the Justicar title is piss easy to get now
>got the title at the end of bc by playing battlegrounds for the fun of it without bots

Now all the instant gratification whiners can get it now by running some bg that gives out the title rep.
>>
>>384875520
>It will be a world of cancelled subscriptions. Nobody wants world PVP when they are trying to do holiday events.
WRONG TRUE PLAYER WANT THAT FUCK THOSE SCUMMIES CASUALS AND THEIR SHIT TASTE GO PLAY A SOLO FACEBOOK GAME INSTEAD OF KILLIN MY GAME
>>
>>384883941
>1 server is full
>all other servers are dead

hmmmm what did he mean by this?
>>
>>384886558
There was a webcomic called The Noob, talking about old MMOs.
One strip was about a guy going full autistic trying to craft the hardest possible sword, getting banned because the GMs thought only a bot would play so long. Then the GMs removed his ban, and to prevent this happening in the future, made the sword easy to craft after the guy spent so much time doing it. He hanged himself.
>>
>>384869268
Don't like, if you go to official wow-eu forums or to mmo-chump folk there will tell you that there is at least 4-6 milj active accounts!
>>
File: crying wojak.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
crying wojak.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
>be world top 200 guild in NH
>be struggling a bit in tomb, kill the first three bosses around 250-350
>sisters on 170 though
>mfw a bunch of people quit the game because they felt like we were regressing and then our guild fell apart and you dont wanna raid with anyone else so you quit too

I honestly believe the reasons people stop playing WoW have in the vast majority of cases absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of the game at the moment.
>>
>>384869268
dont play on a low pop server then dumbass
>>
>>384888754
You'd be right. WoD didn't hemorrhage subs because it was shit, it lost all those subs because Blizzard killed 10 man and thousands of guilds disbanded. There were dozens if not hundreds of guilds on any given server that had anywhere from 12 to 17 players that wanted to move up to Mythic, but couldn't fill out their roster and eventually disbanded either because they gave up, or because they tried a guild merger which didn't work out.
>>
>>384888908
Actually I'd say content drought are an exception to that - when people feel like there's nothing exciting or worthwhile to do, they quit.
>>
>>384871583

lineage 1 is legitimately full of 40+ years old veterans that can't let go
>>
>>384870302
>crossfire is still around
>crossfire is the second fucking grossing game on PC
>>
https://youtu.be/C-SsMQMFq8c e
>>
File: I've been duped!.jpg (105KB, 650x854px) Image search: [Google]
I've been duped!.jpg
105KB, 650x854px
>>384870302
>Earnings

If you saw the pie graph for Blizzard's earnings you'd know that subs are actually their smaller / smallest money intake right now.

It's mostly just the autists / "F2P" Whales spending money on tokens, transfers, character customization, mounts, pets, level 100 boost, ect.

I wish I wasn't serious but that's just where WoW is nowadays.
>>
File: 6372894924.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6372894924.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>384869268
When WoW gets fights like this, people will probably come back.

https://youtu.be/NsHzoOunBJ8
>>
>>384891217
>weeb DDR with music that overhypes the actual fight and 2.5s gcd with sliding combat animations
I wanted to like FFXIV, but stop embarrassing yourselves by shilling it in every wow thread
>>
>>384871240
LFR and LFG are why WoW is dead. Back in my day it was fucking hard to get into Groups or Raids. To get into raids you had to be fucking awesome. Now any scrub 110 can go fight Kiljaden with the click ofa button.

I miss forcing people to actauilly go to the dungeons/raids. It felt so good to spend 4-5 hours and then finally get into the dungeon or raid and get a nice item.
>>
File: ffxiv-login-queue.jpg (23KB, 499x186px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv-login-queue.jpg
23KB, 499x186px
>>384883941
LMAO
>>
>>384892074
Waiting hours just to get into an instance or raid just for your group top suck was not fun. WoD sucked but, Legion is one of the best expacs we've had.
>>
>>384882594
>no it doesn't. people who actually want to raid will do so
New people (this was in fact once a thing, back even as late as MoP) honestly do not know the difference between LFR and Normal/Heroic/Mythic. They think it's all the same.
as the poster in >>384882278 said, it is almost instinct to take the road that requires the least amount of effort. This includes raiding difficulties. They are avoiding content that would otherwise engage them in challenging ways, and reward them for their efforts, often times being more fun.
>>
>>384891887
So you prefer no music at all, no reactionary mechanics so you don't stand there spamming your buttons with a braindead rotation that can be macroed? Yep gotcha
>>
>>384883635
While your characters gear is itemized like shit, you're completely right about how the game is rigged and extremely gear dependent
I am friends with several rank 1 players of their classes back in SoO, ToT, BrF and HFC, and while they still perform extremely well, they can't beat no names that have BiS legendaries with Titanforged BiS trinkets and socketed arcano crystals.
The game is bullshit now and not really even fun to play anymore.
>>
>>384892607
LFR rewards are garbage. Most these people doing LFR have no desire to do anything higher. WHy do you care? LFR is for catch up and for people who dont want to raid but, still want to try it.

Why do Heroic or Mythic?
>>
I'd pay 10k to go back in time and experience proper Vanilla and TBC again.
>>
>>384883869
4chan guilds are fucking awful, MoH on Elysium is full of turbo autists and tranny's spouting shit memes all day and they can't even do the mechanics right. Normal guilds are better because you can converse with NORMAL people.
>>
the best expansion would be to roll the game back to 3.3.5 sans dungeon finder and pretend cata never happened
>>
>>384892928
>LFR is for catch up and for people who dont want to raid but, still want to try it
Normal exists for this reason. Instant gratification leads to entitlement in these types of games.
>Why do heroic or Mythic?
Why play the game at all with this nihilistic logic? Other than the obvious, objective advantages such as getting gear and actual progression, they offer opportunities to advance yourself as a player and see actual progress.
>>
File: 1436498818271.jpg (408KB, 1334x869px) Image search: [Google]
1436498818271.jpg
408KB, 1334x869px
>>384893137
Pic related is a shining example of a typical /vg/ guild from a few years back.
>>
>>384893731

I've learned never to play with anyone from 4chan. Everyone is a fucking retarded memer who can't play or focus to save their lives. I cannot count the number of times somebody needed on something "for their Alt lmao"
>>
Is there any TBC server out there that's worth playing? I heard Felmyst was closed 1 day fater released.
>>
>>384894359
WoW private servers usually work like this

No pay to win (donations for epics)
Well scripted
Good server hardware to prevent lag
Server not based in a country prone to copyright C&Ds

Pick 3
>>
>>384895329
though felmyst was obviously a scam and not C&D
>>
File: 1465151341425.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1465151341425.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>>384883498
>DOTA2 makes money selling keys
>>
>>384874909
It has been on its way out since Cataclysm, that's not saying much.
>>
>>384895329
As long as it's decent I can give it a try.
>>
>>384896396
warmane
>>
>>384869268
good.
hope blizzard will be bankrupt soon
>>
>>384895882
DOTA2 drops chests.
Steam users buy keys to open chests.
Thus Valve makes money selling keys, but they aren't DOTA2 specific, and thus DOTA2 isn't specifically making the money, it just amplifies the money made by Steamworks.
>>
>>384869268
That's good news, hopefully MMOs can evolve now, imagine all of those Korean MMOs with actual good gameplay BUT without the bullshit grinding and cash shop, it will be glorious, but frist, WoW needs to die.
>>
>>384896704
man your info is outdated by like 4 years my man
>>
>>384896704
They removed keys in 2015.

Get with the times GRANDPA
>>
>>384883941
>says we btfo
>gets btfo'd by /v/ unequivocally
wat a fucking faggot you are
i bet you suck a cock irl
>>
>>384896529
will give it a try, thanks.
>>
>>384879345
>Mastery
>Versatility
What the fuck does that even mean. It's like they do this on purpose.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.