[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1500758249698m.jpg (119KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500758249698m.jpg
119KB, 724x1024px
Is this game fun? Perusing through Steam, saw it, watched a few gameplay video's and so far the artstyle, music and narriation is fucking cool but I'm worried the Rng will lead me to breaking a monitor. Should I still buy it?
>>
>>384866991
That's a shitty party formation.
>>
>>384867103
I don't think it's meant to be in-game, probably meant to capture a realistic scenario and not the retarded immersion killing stand still face to face and wait turns, also there's eight enemies in one room.
>>
>>384866991
Depends on what you like.

It's a game about repetition and designed to screw you over at every turn.
The strongest elements are the narrator, visuals and style. Gameplay is mostly annoying with some euphoria moments.
It also leans heavily on the cosmic horror aspect, so if you like that you might enjoy this game more.
>>
>>384866991
>Is this game fun?

If you like grinding, don't care that it's not actually a roguelike and want to fight every boss being reskinned 3 times, I guess.
>>
If you're up for mobile phone - tier grindfest and le ebin dark gothic horror meme, it's a game for you.
>>
File: 1500096093212.gif (3MB, 350x263px)
1500096093212.gif
3MB, 350x263px
>>384867285
I can tell there's certainly cosmic horror with Mad Arab from Lovrcraft down to the letter. But how bullshit really is the rng? Would I need a few mods to make the game not want me to tear my room apart after some fucking bullshit dice rolls? Haven't really touched an rng turn taking shitshow since Xcom 1.
>>
>>384867879
RNG only becomes an issue at the highest level stuff and only when you come in unprepared. sure, sometimes you'll get hit by an unlucky crit, but you sometimes also get lucky crits so it's whatever

imo, it's a game meant to be enjoyed casually without investing a fuckton of hours in it. I'm not a fan of these type of games, but DD really got me
>>
>>384867879
You should play on that new "light" or whatever mode they recently released that cuts the grinding and other shit down, if you get the game.

Your best bet is to pirate the gog version, test it, then buy it if you want to support the devs if you're still unsure.
>>
>>384867103
bounty hunter is fine in rank 3. if you wanted to really brutalize the front ranks (like, the Cove) that would be fine.
>>
>>384866991
Yes.
>>
>>384867879
>there's certainly cosmic horror with Mad Arab from Lovrcraft down to the letter
wat
>>
>>384868656
Mad Arab Abdul Alahazred, keeper of the forbidden Necrinomican, there's more to H.P Lovrcraft than what can be found in gook shit games anon.
>>
>>384868751
>Necrinomican
>>
>>384868840
Fucking retarded autocorrect changed it and only noticed once so hit post. Anyway that's where the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred
>>
>>384866991
thats not right?
crusader and zealot wont work with the occultist right?
>>
>>384868840
Mitochondrinomicon
>>
>>384866991
It an amazing game, one that's lots of fun. But the RNG can and does ruin you if you aren't careful.

There are many ways to mitigate the RNG, from bringing the best parry composition, to having the proper supplies, to investing in your Dudes to make them tough enough to survive. There are a lot of ways to win.

There is also no failure state except on the hardest difficulty, so you lose when you say you lose. If it's too much, leave for a while and come back later, it's not an issue.
>>
File: 20170624144216_1.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px)
20170624144216_1.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>384866991
Nothing is impossible, if you know what you're doing.
>>
I don't really get this complaint about RNG fucking you and this is from a guy that loses his shit whenever i lose a hero/soldier in X-Com or whatever

Yeah RNG will fuck you with a crit but then it saves you with fat crits and clutch dodges as well

One time i had Dismas go from 75% health to death's door from a single crit but then manage to dodge three attacks on him before he could be healed

Its fun to see
>>
It's really fun, my opinion, when you start the game and play for a few hours but it streches for too long and becomes grindy and boring
>>
>>384868980
>>384868751
abd al-azrad is not in this game
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.