[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo 3 Necro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 21

File: jeon-tae-kang-2.jpg (672KB, 1920x997px) Image search: [Google]
jeon-tae-kang-2.jpg
672KB, 1920x997px
Was it worth the money?
Diablo 3 thread.
>>
lol no

it's hilarious it even costs money
>>
>>384866637
Worth real money? Absolutely not.
Worth Blizzard fun bucks from WoW tokens? Probably.
>>
Diablo 3 is just broken. Adding new classes or acts doesn't fix this shit game. They need to try again with d4 without retarded skill and gear system
>>
The money goes into funding the D2 remake, so yes.
>>
>>384867108
>>384867324
They've not charged a dime for any content updates aside from RoS since the AH went away.

>>384867461
How is the skill and gear system retarded?
It provides more custimization than D2, does away with the tedium of respeccing or rerolling constantly, and allows a lot more experimentation.

You can go from playing a fire damage wiz to a melee lightning wiz to an arcane orb spamming slow time wiz in moments if you have the gear already banked.
>>
>>384867629
>They've not charged a dime for any content updates aside from RoS since the AH went away.
You say that as if they should have

what the fuck happened to videogames
>>
>>384867629
/v/ must shit on everything that's popular AND good. They really wanted D3 to fail, but it shaped up to be the best HnS on the market, and no other game in the genre received this much support over the past 5 years.

The only thing 2 did better was atmosphere.
>>
>>384867828
>no other game in the genre received this much support over the past 5 years.
support as in support from who? because it sure as heck isn't the developer or the playerbase.

I just hope they don't completely butcher the D2 remaster
>>
>>384867629
>You can go from playing a fire damage wiz to a melee lightning wiz to an arcane orb spamming slow time wiz in moments if you have the gear already banked.
That's the problem. You don't have a build. You have a wizard who happens to be using a given selection of spells at the current time.
>>
>>384868026
I wish we could have seen D3's development take the twists and turns that it did. From first reveal to vanilla release, to RoS' release to how it stands now. This game is such a cluster fuck.
>>
>>384867745
>people who spend a year working on new textures, sound effects, enemies, and gear shouldn't be paid

You do realize that Diablo 3 is a zero income game right
>>
>>384868579
You're right senpai devs should just abandon the game as soon as they fool niggas into buying it

>meanwhile d44m just made a complete multiplayer overhaul and shit 4free
>>
>>384868579
They do the work solely to keep people interested in the game and lure in new players by proving that they support the game even after release.

So yeah, they do get paid for working on the game.
>>
>>384868728
>devs should just abandon the game as soon as they fool niggas into buying it

Or support it for 1-2 years after release, which they did
>>
>>384868860
I'll give them credit for dismantling the second expansion and turning it into content patches. But ever since release, this game has felt like it's been on nothing but an apology tour.
>>
>>384868860
D2 got a content patch a decade after it's launch.
>>
>>384868993
That's because they can only afford to have like 8 people working on it. A lot of the money from release was either wasted trying to fix shit game, or directed to other blizzard projects, a good bit of it probably fell into the black hole that was Titan.
>>
>>384868728
who plays DOOM multiplayer tho
>>
>>384869371
Can't disagree there. The sad thing is, if Hearthstone would have came out before D3 did. I'm almost certain that Blizzard would not have caved on removing the RMAH and instead would have doubled it.
>>
>>384869485
I'd imagine as many people as D3 nowadays
>>
>>384867629
>How is the skill and gear system retarded?

>All damage scales off weapon damage
>All damage is scaled using the main stat
>Completely demolishes any replayability or character building
Into the trash. The skill and gear systems, like everything else in the game, is a product of the following thought process
>Remove any mechanical complexity or dumb down a system
>Apply a bandaid that "fixes" newly arisen problems

That's how you end up with a completely disjointed game design on every level, and retarded ideas like paragon levels and infinitely scaling rifts. There's no thought put into the game on the developer's side, and it's made so that no thought need be put into the game on the player's side.
>>
>>384869371
>That's because they can only afford to have like 8 people working on it.
KEK. Blizzard can afford literally thousands of developers spread over their 4/5 games in development, they just try to make games as cheap as fucking possible. Even before most of the staff of D3 was let go, they had like 20-30 people working on it. That's how a dozen kiwis can pump out more, better designed and better looking content than Blizzard can.

Don't excuse this jewery.
>>
>>384867828
>D3
>popular
I mean I guess its got a decent base but come on
>>
Of course its worth the moneys. It's always the right choice to give more money to blizzard
>>
>>384867745
honestly tho, nothing is free. Paying 60 bucks once for a game and expecting that game to get 6+ years of content is pretty arrogant.
>>
>>384869485
Right?! The community created content is waaaaay better than multiplayer.
>>
>>384868579
blizzard used to actually care about player retention through quality online products, now they just treat their IPs that aren't named WoW or OW like dog shit, because most of the old guard left a long time ago
>>
I bought this game during a console sale and never touched it. Is it worth playing or is it a repetitive game for people that enjoy dungeon running
>>
>millenials now want to pay for patches
Wew.
>>
>>384871171
If the patches actually gave me a reason to play diablo again I would

On the other hand, we currently see what "free" patches are worth
>>
>>384871078
>is diablo repetitive
>>
>>384871078
If you got it on console it might be. Especially if you co-op with a friend.

The game on PC is storyless and repetitive level grinding in randomly generated areas until you hit max level 2 hours in. Then its repetitive gear grinding in randomly generated areas...

Not that its all bad but the directionlessness of all the grinding and random stuff makes the game go stale fast.
>>
D3 necro was more fun than D2 desu, being able to swap skills whenever is a huge improvement.
>>
>>384871078
>I bought this game
>Is it worth playing?
lol

Also yes, Diablo is the very definition of repetitive.
>>
>>384871078
It's repetitive. Get it on console and play with a mate on the couch, the repetitiveness is then gone.
>>
>>384871493
Just bought it because a friend said it would be fun to co-op together on
>>384871364
>>384871405
Guess I fucked up trusting a friends taste in games
>>
>>384868017
>A dozen free maps each with their own voice acting.
>New items 9 seasons in a row.
>Constant balance updates.
>New bosses, enemies etc.
>For 5 years.
>Isn't dev support.
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>384871640
Repetitive isn't necessarily bad.
>>
>>384871830
>meanwhile some fucking kiwis are about to launch their third? expansion paid by cosmetic microtransactions
>>
>>384871939
True, I will give it a chance eventually
>>
>>384866637
No 20 permaskellys, no buy.
>>
>>384871949
It is proven that cosmetic microtransactions are a better revenue share than any other method.
Players are much more willing to spend money if the game isn't P2W by nature.
>>
>>384867828
>The only thing 2 did better was atmosphere.

And PVP, which kept D2 alive for over a decade
>>
File: wtchr.png (771KB, 588x894px) Image search: [Google]
wtchr.png
771KB, 588x894px
what REALLY bugs me with the game design of diablo 3 (and I actually bought it at release and RoS a few months ago, so I am not your typical /v/irgin who hates on everything) is that you ALWAYS have one skill slot less by default, because one of your slots WILL be filled by a movement skill (e.g. teleport, monk dash, vault, whatever). These skills should have been passives/default parts of the class kits imo. At higher levels it is just not possible to survive wihtout some kind of movement skills, which makes them extremely important, thus limiting the options of the player.

Everyone has already gone over the weapon dmg scaling shit amng other things, but the lack of skill slots is really depressing to me...
>>
> please come back
the character
>>
>>384872102
Maybe if the playerbase was as big as the hype that D3 generated.

GGG doesn't have a fraction of the funds blizzard has but those niggas are pumping out some serious content

that said I'm sticking to D2
>>
File: pvp-arena.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pvp-arena.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
I remember when Jay Wilson boasted that this was going to be a NEW game, no fucking paladin or necromancer allowed in this party because it's a fucking NEW Diablo experience.

Now they have Crusader (aka paladin) and Necromancer in the game...

Also PVP was suppose to be a big part of the game with competitive leaderboards and ladders. Game was in development for so long and they didn't deliver shit. "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great" was their mantra, so ironic.

Oh well, at least PoE exists.
>>
>>384871949
>expansion paid by cosmetic microtransactions
Versus content paid for by fucking nothing.
>>
I love D3 but I don't have much reason to buy a class I don't even care about.
That aside, the new areas are pretty nice additions and I might be mistaken but they seemed to have made the game as a whole a bit less colorful, which I like.
I don't get why people insist on hating this game. It's fun. I paid 30 dollars once for D3+RoS and I've gotten hundreds of hours out of it over the course of a few seasons.
Inb4 someone implies that I'm a D3 baby--my first PC game was Diablo 1 (when it was new) so fuck off fags.
>>
>>384872812
more like content paid by shattered dreams
>>
>>384872608

That fucking moron did all that and it launched with barbarian
>>
>>384867629
>They've not charged a dime for any content updates aside from RoS since the AH went away.
they added items and maybe a shitty map
if they expect to be paid for that awful content they should close the fucking game forever
>>
>>384872608
>Also PVP was suppose to be a big part of the game with competitive leaderboards and ladders.
Thank god that got shit canned. As if we needed another Blizzard game ruined by idiots balancing everything around a dead eSports scene.
>>
File: 1394373531713.jpg (101KB, 763x914px) Image search: [Google]
1394373531713.jpg
101KB, 763x914px
>>384872823
>I don't get why people insist on hating this game.
>It's fun
>i will not read the thread or engage with people's opinions in any way, but here's my worthless two cents
>>
Item sets both killed and made the game better. It is now required that you use a build around item sets to be successful, thus killing build diversity. However the set bonus' are ridiculous and allow for more than 1 good build so it also kinda made things better. I just want freedom in my build, is it so bad that I want to summon skeletons and use corpse explosion. But no such build exists since item sets do not allow for these skills to mix and match

The necro is actually a decent class, and definitely makes the game fun. Still not a fan of the times skeletal mages. If you are going to have them short lived then at least make them base 20 seconds with items pushing them to the 1 minute range. Also Golem is not nearly as fun as fire, blood, iron, or clay variety.
>>
>>384873461
>i will not read the thread or engage with people's opinions in any way, but here's my worthless two cents
way to put words in my mouth, also not an argument
I get the issues over item scaling and the dumbing down of mechanics but even in d2 or PoE there's only a few truly optimal builds (so people crying about build diversity are retarded imo).
Also, I don't need to argue over the fact that I like a game and to me it's fun. That's objective facts.
I'm sorry you don't enjoy the same game as me. Have fun with whatever archaic ARPG is in your mind better. I've played PoE and D2 for endless hours as well and I think D3 is better than both of them.
:)
>>
>>384873858
>this taste
I bet you think police academy 3 is better than 1/2 aswell
>>
File: 1500670882712.jpg (325KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1500670882712.jpg
325KB, 1383x1600px
What are your hopes for D4? It's pretty clear it's underway with all the job listings.

RoS and the patched content gives me some hope that they're going back to actually embracing the dark fantasy genre. If anything the Souls games (and their infinite clones) have proven it's marketable and highly profitable.

I just wish they scrap sets, weapon damage scaling, and bring back skill tress and stat allocation. I like to build characters in RPGs, but I swear D3 is just unlocking your character bit by bit.

But that's practically throwing away all of D3. Would they do that? Blizzard has one rule they can't break no matter what, and that's admitting they've been wrong about something.
>>
>>384874215
more of the same

enough people will buy it, they dont give a fuck
>>
>>384868579

>You do realize that Diablo 3 is a zero income game right

Now it is. They already made their gorillions from RMAH trades.
>>
>>384874215
There is no way they can make a game that is worthy of the brand at this stage of the company. Blizzard has all but abandon the hardcore audience in the favor of money.
>>
>>384874215
They need to bring back skill trees definitely, this makes unique and rare items have interesting build interactions. Keep up the dark and gothic like atmosphere of recent new areas of d3.

Don't limit skills slots, have items give skills. Like a glove piece that gives a rank 15 lightning bolt. Really just make items actually rpg like and not just stats.

Focus on tactical game play. I don't mean turn based or anything, I mean playing smart. Resists should again be individual and not a catchall stat. Have certain powerful abilities have downsides that make you think twice about investing in. Lightning bolt for example may shock you if it is raining, fireball can hurt teamates if not careful ect.

Speaking of team dmg bring back parties and lobbies. To incentivise things have people who party up have shared loot ala d2, but if you decide not to party you can still help and you get your own loot ala d3. Partying up gives a MF bonus as well as exp. Keeps the danger present
>>
>>384866637
>Was it worth the money

Nope, not even remotely.

Biggest catastrophe of gaming in a very long time.
>>
>>384875682
Also make Gold valuable and hard to get. If you kill a player it drops their gold, and you cannot store it in a stash. Have pets and other cosmetics for sale using a shit ton of gold to get people to spend it. Also why not have certain enemies drop tomes that can teach skills not normally obtainable, or maybe passives to make you more effective against a certain type of enemy. Heck maybe make it so it would be like the old rune system that never was in d3.

The one casual thing I would add is give each class an auto travel power at a certain lvl unique to them. That way you don't have to waste skill points for a necessary thing. However you can have certain better travel options in the skill trees that are worth investing in.
>>
>>384875682
>Lightning bolt for example may shock you if it is raining, fireball can hurt teamates if not careful ect
>dumb hazards
>in a blizzard game
I can't emphasize enough how hard this isn't happening.
>Resists should again be individual and not a catchall stat
If anything we'd get even less stats and you know it
>We hear you people complain about mainstat being too prevalent
>guess what though
>we removed it altogether
>>
>>384876014
doesn't have to be hazard, but there should be downsides to certain powerful spells. A risk reward type thing. Maybe make the more dmg spells have a cast time or something. I say this so people don't just take the most powerful skills. You can invest heavily into a powerful spell to mitigate the downside, or you can invest in multiple skills that are weaker but do not require heavy investment to be viable.

I know none of this will ever happen, but I can dream.
>>
>>384876182
Powerful spells lock parts of your mana bar, they slowly unlock again over the next 10 seconds or so, meaning that you can't just spam strong stuff 24/7
>>
>>384875789
>Biggest catastrophe of gaming in a very long time.
Do you know what a catastrophe is? Selling this was shitty but not unheard of and certainly not the worst thing in our current industry. Now Horse Armor was a catastrophe in its time and helped push current micro transaction issue which in turn led to this Necromancer pricetag.
>>
>>384872608
It's the same with the lurker in SC2.
>NUH UH, no lurkers for you guys, the baneling does the same role even though it totally doesn't
>2 expansions later
>g-guys! here is the lurker
>>
>>384872608
>I remember when Jay Wilson boasted that this was going to be a NEW game, no fucking paladin or necromancer allowed in this party because it's a fucking NEW Diablo experience.

Yet Barbarian was in this game, WD is basically shitty and lame necro, Demon Hunter is basically Bowazon and Trapsassin fucked into 1, and Wizard was their replacement for Sorc's. Monk is the only relatively new class for Diablo they did and he has Paladin Aura's with Corpse Explosion.

Wilson is a fucking self absorbed cunt.
>>
>>384874215
>What are your hopes for D4?
Not designing the game for consoles first and foremost.
>>
>>384867828
>/v/ must shit on everything that's popular AND good.
What the fuck makes you think that the game is popular?

I was ingame 2 months ago and with every chat channel combined the game had an active playerbase of about 100-250 people at most. The game straight up tells you how many people are online in your given channel when you start the game/join a channel.

And from the looks of it, the necromancer has done fuckall to boost the playerbase.

And I guess the fact that they reblalanced the loot system 2 times just proves how well designed it was to begin with right?
And the fact that build variety is extremely limited thanks to their retarded spell/skill system and for the fact thet the only real variety comes from the season gear that's going to be replaced when the next season starts right?

>They really wanted D3 to fail
It did though, it sold about 60mil copies in the first year and then the playerbase dropped of a fucking cliff because no one liked the game. It got a small boost at the release of its expansion but quickly lost all those players aswell.

The only good thing about the game is the fact that it has enough production quallity to outshine most games in it's genre. It's just sad thet all of that polishing had to be done to a turd

Please for the love of god be a shitposter, I can't take the fact that people have such bad taste when it comes to vidya.
>>
>>384878416
>it did fail, it sold 60mil copies
>>
>>384876396
That sounds suspiciously like a mana cost (o:
>>
>>384878962
The difference you can't regen the locked part of the mana and it keeps increasing in size if you use other fatigue-inducing spells
>>
>Diablo 3: 1 new Character pay 15$ you idiot
>Path of Exile: 6 new acts, Free

the diablo fanboys will still make some dumb argument to prevent their game from looking dumb
>>
>>384878731
>Sales=Quality of a product

It was a commercial success, yes, but I guess you ignored all of my other points.

The fact that they had to cancel all of their future expasions to the game thanks to how small the playerbase is just proves my other points.

Also, I'm going to correct myself, 30mil, that's how much D3 sold. and atleast half of thoes comes from the ''Buy 1 year of WoW and get D3 for free!'' shit that blizzard pulled once wow subs started to drop-off.
>>
Playing Diablo 3 endlessly with Mogwai in the background helps me block out my life.

I have spent many hours with Rathma's minion rift farming. Will spend many more.
>>
>>384866637
Who on earth would pay 15 bucks for a class that was already in the base game, of the previous title.

Blizzard can sell shit in a box, and people would flock to it.
>>
>>384867828

This. If you dislike D3 you're out of touch. This game is for the fans.
>>
File: 1500266597544.jpg (878KB, 1433x1410px) Image search: [Google]
1500266597544.jpg
878KB, 1433x1410px
>>384867546
>Blizzard needs money
>>
>>384869815
>>All damage scales off weapon damage
>>All damage is scaled using the main stat
Are you talking about D2?
>>
>>384866637
The gist is, no one would be saying a thing if they released a proper expansion since they still left on a cliffhanger from the original game.

But they didn't--it's the same game with a single new character, all for the low, low price of $15 and your self-respect. Now we have to wait how long for the next expac? Meanwhile,the game is the same inherent grindfest.
>>
>>384880208
No, I'm not talking about D2. Had you played it for more than 0 seconds, you'd know that.
>>
File: 8AEhOE6.jpg (35KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
8AEhOE6.jpg
35KB, 500x383px
>>384866637
is the game easy me and my friend are playing on expert campaign and we aren't even using 1 potion

he is a necro im a crusader
>>
>>384867629
There is no customisation you mongoloid cunt. Do you want to play above babby difficulty? You'd better use this one very specific build based off a 6-piece and exact map of skills and supporting items, or else get fucked.
>>
>>384880619
Synergies were added in a later patch, 1.12 if I remember correctly
>>
>optional purchase that just unlocks a new character you may/may not be interested in
>new things added every patch (including the necro patch) for free
FUCKING BLIZZARD WHY ARE THEY SO ANTI-CONSUMER BLUNDER OF THE YEAR ANY YEAR
Do you fags shit up FF14 and WoW threads for having paid expansions that AREN'T optional or do you just have an irrational hatred for Diablo.
>>
>>384880672
it's not really that hard until you get to mid torments+
then you're gonna get raped unless your gear is good
>>
>>384880895
Different anon? Synergies are besides the point. Most skills in D2 have fuck all to do with stats, OR weapon damage. They just have set power levels that can be further increased through items.
>>
If nothing else is amazing how they turned a complete blunder into an okay game
>>
>>384873117
I wish they just had pvp similar to 2, trying to find the most bm build was always fun but d2s pvp was surprisingly balanced for them putting no effort into it.

The big turn off for me in Diablo 3 aside from not being able to make builds for pvp and pve respectively was how it seemed like no matter what class I played the end goal was to make a character fill the screen until my eyes bled with AoE attacks. Seriously at least in d2 you kind of had to choose between decent boss killer and crowd control. But in d3 every class shits out 4 square miles worth of lightning, fire, and ice then runs in circles dodging mortars arcane sentries and fire chains. Was really underwhelming when you finally build your character and go "oh, it's just another aoe spamfest"
>>
I didn't even pay if with my money and it still felt like a rip off.
It plays like shit, sound like an edgy teen from 2005 and is literally programmed to only allow 1 build late game.
Fuck that scam.
>>
ITT: path of exile players who don't have money or are cheap pirates and thus need to make the better product bad so it's justified in their minds not to spend money and keep playing a worse game, simply because it doesn't cost anything.
>>
>>384867461
Absolutely this. Drop the awful end-game and the crap levelling content too.
>>
>>384880995
Nope, same guy. You can't deny that build power is gear oriented in both D2 and D3. Sure, more points in Skeleton Warrior means more skellies to control but when the skill cap is 20 and you have 34 points on it then gear makes a huge difference.
>>
>>384867828
You're right but D3 is no longer popular and was never good.
>>
>>384867629

>It provides more custimization than D2,

It provides LESS, because its tied to the gear. Only a couple viable builds as a result. It railroads you into playing the game in a specific way, instead of encouraging you to find ways to break the game by yourself.
>>
>>384880895
Oh so we get to judge each other's taste based on whatever patch best suits our arguments then? Okay well wow I can't believe you enjoy a game with the stupid real money auction house and pre RoS gameplay.

Isn't cherry picking fun?
>>
>>384867629

You have to be a grade A cocksucker to write something like this.
>>
>>384881195
He was judging it because it was based off weapon damage not because gear played an important roll. Did you even read the first post?
>>
>>384881195

>Nope, same guy. You can't deny that build power is gear oriented in both D2 and D3.

Except in D2 you can run endgame content completely naked if you really want to and if you're good enough. You can't in D3.
>>
>>384881290
I never once said you have better taste for liking one over the other, I vastly prefer LoD myself. I just said that gear dictating build power and stats being absolutely useless (in terms of build variety) were also present in D2. Why are you so agitated?
>>
>>384881195
>You can't deny that build power is gear oriented in both D2 and D3.
Where did I deny this? On the specific point of weapons and stats being the main determinant of skill damage, you're dead wrong. My point in saying that the D3 system is shit is because this approach is dumbed down, homogenized or "streamlined" as some people call it, to oblivion.

>picking up a spear makes your fireballs stronger
>no skill has any inherent power
This approach has zero theme, zero logic and zero depth.
>>
>>384881205
that's just a lie, or you're uninformed. it's true that d3 isn't as good as it was (but not because it got worse, simply because you can only play the content for so long). it was a great game at the start. you got at least 40h out of it, even with the stupid auction house shit. then with ros, the AH got removed, you got at least 100h out of it - ros made the game really, really good. once you played all the content it got stale of course - but thats not really the game's problem, that's just a problem with any media in general. It's definitely easy to play d3 over 200h and have had a lot of fun while doing so. For that, I definitely got my money's worth. If you start playing it now you probably won't have as much fun though, the community is smaller, but still quite active.
>>
>>384867828
>/v/ must shit on everything that's popular AND good. They really wanted D3 to fail, but it shaped up to be the best HnS on the market, and no other game in the genre received this much support over the past 5 years.

This is nu/v/ guys, enjoy it.
>>
>>384881409
Oh sorry, I misunderstood that as gear greatly affecting your damage through stats, not that everything scales with weapon damage. That is indeed stupid, especially for a class like sorc or wd.
>>
>>384881482

Shitposters pretending to be retarded is nothing new.
>>
>>384866637
Its the most boring and clunky class in the game, but with the highest damage. It ruined the meta of an already dead game and you even have to pay for it.
>>
>>384868026
That's exactly what any build is in every game you fool
>>
>>384881656
Can you name an ARPG where your damage isn't effected by your gear?
>>
>>384881658
I doubt hes trying to shitpost, i´ve seen a lot of shit with the last update of D3 claiming that is the best ARPG ever made.

Blizzcucks are the worst fanbase.
>>
Every time I tried PoE it felt really boring, none of the classes really felt like they had any identity or fun shtick to mess with and it felt like it turned into perma-speedrun muh .00001% DPS increase racing faster than other games too.
>>
>>384867629
>dog shit balance fixed for free
wew
>>
>>384866637
will anyone ever outclass monk?
>>
>>384881461
He posted that as support for the idea that you're gear and main stat don't overshadow other elements of character building and you responded with:

>but synergies didn't come out until X patch

I was just remarking on how pointless it is to cite an old version of the game to prove a point when we're talking about each game in their current state.
>>
>>384866637
>have fun only with rathmas build
>get nerfed
no, it wasn't

most sets are garbage and the one that wasn't was nerfed into oblivion

gameplay of the class is boring because all decent build revolve around a single skill with a 2 minute cooldown

magic skellies are garbage and should've never been time restricted

only 1 curse is worthy of being used because every build uses the same belt

most legendary affixes are useless and all the best ones restrict your possibilities in awful ways

Right now it's shit, I really hope they'll hear feedbacks and fix it but I know it will require much more time than I'm willing to give them.
>>
>>384882032
Yeah, like 4 other classes.
>>
>>384881884
>Every time I tried PoE it felt really boring, none of the classes really felt like they had any identity
That's true, the game has pretty shit combat mechanics and the classes are purposefully blank slate-ish (although ascendancies give them a bit more of an identity, if you played that far)

>perma-speedrun muh .00001% DPS increase racing faster than other games too.
I don't really get this point. Your DPS increases over time, sure, but there is no infinite scaling nonsense like in D3, and there is a well-defined endgame. You're working towards something, not just seeing numbers go bigger.
>>
>>384881813
That's what I misunderstood too. In both D2 and D3 damage is affected by your gear but for completely different reasons. In D2 you would be looking for the armor that gave you +2 to all skills, +2 to summoning skill and possibly +1 Teleport and it would be the hottest shit ever, in D3 you're just looking for the bigger numbers.
>>
>>384881884

Thats because the classes are there to give you a direction but otherwise you customize the playstyle yourself. You can either run the most broken shit available or try out your own home-recipes and crazy ideas for a character and then attempt to beat the game with it.

Going to try a new version of my Allah Akbar-Templar once the new expansion comes out, since allegedly they buffed the minion gems a lot. Or try a Dr.Thrax-version variant, with Shadow and zombies that explode in chaos/poison damage instead.
>>
File: 1500259018694.gif (887KB, 144x178px) Image search: [Google]
1500259018694.gif
887KB, 144x178px
>>384882112
Sure thing kid have fun having to actually attack me and my 8 mantras will just laugh at you
>>
>>384881884
Is it just me or did d2 have a really strange power level rating between classes? 32k was standard for a light sorc but if you were a bone necro and your spears did 5k you were a god.
>>
>>384882056
You're right about that. The point of that post wasn't synergies anyway, the poster wanted to show how skills don't scale with weapon damage.
>>
>>384882176
>He plays inna cuck support monk
>>
>>384881475
>it was a great game at the start.
>d3
pfft hahahaha HAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
>>384866637
Bought it because ther was some downtime in PoE and I didn't mind D3 even though it was deep as a puddle. I played it for like 20 hours and already had all my necro sets and at that point was literally just a matter of grinding minuscule upgrades and upgrading gems. So at 20 hours I had experienced 100% of the gameplay has to offer. I admit, it was fun while it lasted, but it doesn't last very long.

The problem is the game throws so much loot at you it's like why even have loot? Why not just have a drop down menu where you can select what loot you want to use because it's so easy to get it it doesn't matter. If horadric cube wasn't in it would be better but since horadric cube is in it gives you twice as many chances to get a build going (since if you get a shit version of a legendary power you can use it as cube power instead of the actual item).

The result is a game where it takes like 20 hours to get to greater rift 60 and the investment after that is terrible. play another 10 hours and you go up 5 rift levels. Then another 20 hours and another 5 and so forth. But the thing is it never changes. It's so fucking dumb.
>>
>>384882286
give me 5 other builds that are as fun as inna and i'll apologise
>>
>>384880208
the sad fucking state of blizzdrones, everyone.
>>
>>384882210
Then why even bring up when synergies were introduced?
>>
>>384882535
I said you were right, do you want me to apologise or something?
>>
>>384868579
>game is not free
>expansion is mandatory but still an additional buy
>you must pay some premiumm to get access to some cosmetic
>you must buy ther games to get other cosmetics
>including upgrading other games to premium content
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>384882356
>"I don't need to pay : the build"
>OMG SO LE FUN !! XD LOOK AT THE PRETTY COLORS AND NUMBERS I AM PROGAYMER MOM
>>
>>384882723
couldn't name a single one
wow embarrassing much
>>
>>384866637
No, at this point Blizzard lost all of it's talent and can't produce anything of quality. All of their games are dying and d3 is deader than dead. Good riddance, they chose money over fans so i hope they die faster as a company.
>>
>>384881475
I played this game on release so you can't trick me with your false nostalgia. The game was just bad from the beginning.

Every single design decision was stupid.
>>
>>384866637
Diablo 3 and worth the money in the same paragraph

LOL
>>
>>384867629
it's retarded because it's boring and terribly balanced, you compare it to the infinite costumizability in PoE or the awesome hybrids of grim dawn and it just falls flat on its face.
the leveling is terribly boring as well, the gameplay basically starts at lvl 70
also d3 got suicidally boring overall after 100h of playtime, played for a while during kanai's cube update which was interesting, then uninstalled and never looked back
>>
I always wondered if it bothered people that play d3 that most of the time, unless a certain piece of gear is unique to a certain difficulty level, there would be no way to tell what difficulty they were playing on without damage numbers. Like, seriously, if you couldn't see health or damage, and I gave you really shitty gear and put you in torment 1 or decent gear and put you in a higher difficulty would you be able to tell the difference?
>>
File: 1470191119768.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470191119768.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>when path of exile allows you to have an army of 95 skeletons
is blizzard even trying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk
>>
>>384866637
Considering the best build involves no minions or skeletons, no.

They fucked up big.
>>
>>384883208

Reminds me of that bug in Morrowind which allowed you summon skeletons without max limit. Managed to summon 135 until the game crashed.
>>
>>384882939
How many of those infinite customized builds can down shaper or uber atziri?
>>
>>384883274
But bone and poison necros have always curb stomped summoners... why wait for retarded AI skeletons to kill the first enemy when you can spear and corpse explode?
>>
File: Diablo 2 gameplay.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo 2 gameplay.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>384866637
When does it get good? I'm still waiting
>>
>>384883376

Not many but thats the fun of it, having a crazy idea, then figuring out a way how it could theoretically beat Shaper and Uber 4-boob fem-Diablo and trying it out.

It wouldn't be fun if it would be too easy.
>>
>>384883647
Fair enough but my point was that people shit on D3 for having a lack of viable endgame builds when it's honestly the same in PoE.
>>
>>384883984

Not even close. Because the only limit in PoE is the difficulty of the endgame, while in D3 you have both difficulty and the game mechanics preventing you from trying out really wacky shit.
>>
File: 1446572411666.gif (708KB, 408x303px) Image search: [Google]
1446572411666.gif
708KB, 408x303px
I'm enjoying the game solo. It's really good to play with some audiobook/twitch stream on the other screen.
>>
>>384883984
While that's true, the point wasn't about the number of viable builds but about the fact that PoE actually lets you build your character as opposed to D3 which really only has a loadout of skills in terms of character customisation.
>>
>>384883478
Nostagiafags strike again.
>>
File: kek.png (462KB, 455x561px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
462KB, 455x561px
>>384883984
you're delusional
>>
>>384866637
No, few nice ideas but overall it's rather boring.
>>
>>384883478
0/10 false flag
>>
>>384881884
that just means you're a creatively devoid casual and should go back to d3 so blizzard can railroad you into a build
>>
>>384884203
the top WD last season didn't even use one of the builds you find on the internet
really boggles my joggles
>>
>>384884342
Yes but the game really is pretty fucking boring
>>
>>384884431

And in PoE you get new broken builds all the time. To a point the game has to have new performance patches to make sure the craziest builds don't slow down the game performance:

https://youtu.be/pMQppLv-z1o
>>
>>384866637
Necro female is not lewd enough
>>
>>384884769
did they increase monsters density?
main reason i stopped playing was that only that forest arc was full of enemies sometimes
and to find 1 npc every 5 minutes i play d3
>>
>>384884769
You're talking to someone who's probably played more PoE than you. Shitty optimization (CoC is laggin muh servers!) isn't exactly a selling point. In any given patch there's as much build diversity at the top of the ladder in PoE as there is in D3. The difference is that most shit doesn't get nerfed in Diablo but everything fun in PoE gets fucking shit on.
>>
>>384884980
>The difference is that most shit doesn't get nerfed in Diablo
i dropped d2 because they started nerfing necromancer
not him but hey , sure fun shit doesn't get nerfed in blizzard (nearly 15 years of wow disagree anyway)
>>
>>384883208
I wish PoE had a better skill/trading system.

It's a fun game but, holy fuck, all I ever get to do is play totem builds because I'm not trading items on some stupid website for EVE-loving trash.
>>
>>384884918
so you either played the game last 4 years ago or never even got past normal?
>>
>>384884980

>The difference is that most shit doesn't get nerfed in Diablo

Except they have, why do you lie?

And the point is you don't have to play the most broken shit in PoE if you don't want to, it supports home-brews better than D3 does. Same strength with D2 which never really forces you to play that Hammerdin or Freeze Sorc, you can play wacky shit and beat the endgame with it once you're just good enough.
>>
>>384884918

>did they increase monsters density?

When was the last time you played PoE? PoE even had a League which specialized in activating time-limit shrines that drowned you in mobs:

https://youtu.be/81SONfauy4s
>>
>>384885306
you're retarded
>>
>>384869815
you forgot
> must work on a console controller and not too complex for the average console retard
>>
>>384885913
Is there a way to play fun builds without trading for a good staff or, whatever?

The last time I played you pretty much just wanted to roll totems on new characters. It was very effective.
>>
>>384885938
That was most probably a big part of the goal for the "design philosophy".

Funny thing about that was back in 2012 when I was telling people that they're definitely making a console version based on the quality of the game Blizzard came out with, morons both here and in another forum which will not be named didn't believe me. Why people assume artistic integrity in the face of clear profit motive is beyond me.
>>
>>384886406
when the fuck did you play last? totem builds are only recommended for absolute first time aRPG players so they can get to understand the mechanics better without completely gutting their first character.

also what's stopping you from spending 1 minute on poe.trade and trading a chaos for some leveling weapon
>>
>>384885306
the mentality of a simple minded diablo 3 player
>>
>>384886406
>Is there a way to play fun builds without trading for a good staff or, whatever?
Sure, you can buy a whole bunch of stash tabs and farm for several weeks straight until you get your fun uniques, provided you don't need any of the top end headhunters, shavs, skyforths, etc.
>>
>>384885315
>kill dominus as the shadow
>december 2015
thats the last thing i did
>2 other archievements of killing dominus at the same month
and most likely i didn't even finish the second level of difficulty
>>
>>384887042
yeah some people cannot handle the difficulty
>>
>>384883478
try median mod.
>>
he still has only 1/4 of the gear that other classes have
so no
>>
File: 1457899021212.png (183KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1457899021212.png
183KB, 500x377px
>>384887042
great so you played up to the point most people reach in 2-3 hours.
>>
>>384886406
>nu-/v/ thinks poe is difficult
>>
File: path.png (34KB, 308x88px) Image search: [Google]
path.png
34KB, 308x88px
>>384887165
i don't like enemy esponges difficulties, don't find it fun
>>384887396
sure thing pal
>>
>>384887651
so it took you 130 hours to beat dominus on normal 3 times on 3 different characters. and that was before the 4th act too. you're terrible, please stop posting.
>>
File: 1488613393442.jpg (32KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1488613393442.jpg
32KB, 572x303px
>>384887651
>130h to kill dominus on normal
>>
>>384887651
here's someone doing what you did 3 times in 130h in 46 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWz4i80twLY
>>
>>384887651

>i don't like enemy esponges difficulties, don't find it fun.

Thats not how the difficulties work, mob density is bigger (more monsters), you have reduced resistances and monsters generally hurt you more. But monsters still go down just as fast, arguably even faster because your build has advanced.

Although that won't matter for long when the next expansion gets rid of Difficulties entirely and replaces it with 10 Acts.
>>
>>384887651
>i dont like challenge,
>i want all top tier items to drop in under 1 hour
This is the current diablo 3 fanboy mentality
>>
>>384888098
my bad, that one cut off act 1, act 1 takes 25 minutes so add that
>>
>>384883478
Its good when you dont play a shit build and play something that allows you to kill all of those shit monsters in under 5 seconds
>>
>>384887651
>poe
>enemy sponge difficulties
if you aren't shit and your build isn't shit cruel and merciless monsters die twice as fast as in normal
>>
>>384886654
Probably around 18 months ago.

I just don't like trading shit on poe.trade. It's just an uninteresting way of spending my life. I understand that people enjoy "getting rich" with virtual currency or, the idea that this trading system somehow validates their gameplay by giving value to otherwise trash items. I just don't like actually trading with others. I don't want to sell items or talk to idiots. I like that you have control over a currency system but, it just seems lazy to me. Why not design a better system that allows you to pursue drops that you want? I wish I could just build currency items into armor and staves on my own.
>>
>>384887474
I don't think it's difficult. I just think it's kind of boring and I would rather play Diablo 2.
>>
>>384888373

Then play the SSF (Solo Self-Found) mode. Problem solved.
>>
>>384888373
meanwhile theres people right now in solo leagues(NO TRADING NO PARTY) that has achieved much more within 1 week than the average path of exile with trading and partying has done... ur just lazy and expect everything to drop within the first few bosses
>>
>>384887892
>so it took you 130 hours to beat dominus on normal 3 times on 3 different characters
actually i spend most time helping people doing misions i already did but nice projection you have there
>>
Im having lots of fun throwing bone spears for shit tons of dmg, trying to get the bone armor set
>>
File: 1415170492894.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1415170492894.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>384888797
>actually i spend most time helping people doing misions i already did
you a woman or something?
>>
>>384887651
>i don't like enemy esponges difficulties
>enemy sponges
that just means your build is shit and retarded and so are you
>>
>>384888797
>projection
please stop using words you don't understand
>>
File: poe of exile.jpg (229KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poe of exile.jpg
229KB, 1280x720px
>>384889014
killing dominus on normal doesnt even require a skilltree at alll even with a bad build
>>
>>384888971
remember when you run diablo for 50000x time on d2 before exp? i found it fun ,
>>
>>384889162
no lol i was still in diapers then
>>
>15 burgers for ONE (1) class and a bunch of cosmetic shit
>Worth
If you're the target audience of walking wallets, sure
>>
File: 1470256719020.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
1470256719020.png
318KB, 496x559px
>play new season for a week or two for cosmetics
>put down d3 until next season
>repeat

Welcome to D3.
>>
>>384866637

Yes
My only hope is that we see a Druid class return.
>>
>>384888797

>actually i spend most time helping people doing misions

Normal difficulty Act1-3 missions? You and your friends must be very new with this genre.
>>
>>384888643
>ur just lazy and expect everything to drop within the first few bosses
I can tell you didn't even try to understand what I was saying. It's not that I don't want to grind. That is a lot of the appeal to me. It's that I didn't really enjoy playing this totem build, and trading was my only escape at the time. I had the items to trade for another build, I just don't really want to invest my time into a game that requires me to trade. I don't like "playing markets". Games feel like work a lot of the time but, I also want games to feel like The Best Job Ever, and trading is just dull.

I'm not saying this in defense of any other game. PoE is certainly better than Diablo 3. But I still prefer D2, honestly. I like the graphics in D2 more, the universe, the mood. If PoE were exactly the kind of ARPG I wanted to play I would tolerate a shitty trading system but, it's not.
>>
>>384883208
This guy always makes cool clever creative builds
I wish I could be creative like him
>>
File: ssf.jpg (198KB, 650x347px) Image search: [Google]
ssf.jpg
198KB, 650x347px
>>384889464

>If PoE were exactly the kind of ARPG I wanted to play I would tolerate a shitty trading system but, it's not.

Play Solo Self Found mode, it is a separate mode that does not allow you to trade even if you would want to.
>>
File: 1482525405658.gif (2MB, 281x203px) Image search: [Google]
1482525405658.gif
2MB, 281x203px
>>384889562
And then GGG nerfs or removes them.
>>
>>384889660
Not him but there is no benefits playing self-found, only seperate ladder.
>>
>>384889660
Thanks, buddy. I'll check it out once I reinstall the game.
>>
>>384868579
>new textures, sound effects, enemies, and gear

woooooooooooow

>You do realize that Diablo 3 is a zero income game right

Except for the price of purchase
>>
>>384877382
>Wilson is a fucking self absorbed cunt.

I'm sure that's not the only thing he absorbed
>>
>>384889763

Its what ssf players requested and its solely meant for them, obviously. If a player doesn't want to rely on trading, he doesn't have to, he can play SSF.
>>
>>384870809
>Paying 60 bucks once for a game and expecting that game to get 6+ years of content is pretty arrogant.
worked out for terraria and that game has sold incredibly well
a fair amount of goodwill and interest in developing your game will go a long way in terms of bringing people over
>>
>>384870809
>implying Diablo 3 got 6+ years of content
Ha ha ha ha ha
It got nothing until Reaper of Souls
And then it got a new unique and a new area every few months
>>
the problem with these games is that it strings you along by unlocking content through skinner box progression
>>
>>384881342
Not that anon, but they literally didn't charge for any updates after RoS until Necromancer.
>>
>>384890131
And those updates contained fuck all in terms of content (and also required that you own RoS to access the small bites of content), so it was really more like they were giving you the last bits of an unfinished RoS.
>>
>Adventure mode contains post-RoS story
>No actual campaign added
I'd rather they released another fucking expansion
>>
>>384867828
>popular
>2 people currently online on Americas playing T13 Rifts

>>384869815
>>384870946
>>384872608
>>384878416
>>384879094
Pretty much these.

>>384868579
Game costs money, Expansion costs money, now Necro DLC costs money, not the mention to money they made from the AH.

I can't believe that there are so many people on /v/ defending blizzard and D3.

Will D3 ever get PvP or a decent endgame? Will there ever be a D4?
>>
>>384866637
no expansion or dlc will be able to fix everything wrong with with D3 as it is now. They don't even add in simple QoL shit that were in D2 like numbers over hp/resource and being able to move while the area map is up.

Necro is worth maybe $5
>>
>>384889389
Is that a problem? It's not a sub based game
>>
>>384889389
>a week or two
Unless you care about the shinier portrait frames, you should be able to get the pet and base portrait frame in a day or two.
>>
>>384866637
I don't know why some people still have such a hate boner for the game. You run rifts, get legendaries, and hope they are upgrades. The items aren't nearly as interesting as Diablo II but these threads always come off as people who haven't played the game in years who are still really bitter for one reason or another. It's an inferior game to Diablo II but most of the complaints in these threads seem constantly outdated.
>>
>>384892005
How
>>
>>384892219
Read this thread again. Most of the complaints are either about fundamental game design (skills and items), or about the shallowness of Rifting and loot.

>>384892294
Just play. In a few hours you should be Level 70 and be able to do a Rank 20 solo grift.
>>
>>384892294
I'm pretty sure the most it asks of you is clearing GR 20. Considering they hand you a 4pc by the time you need to do that, you're never really stuck at a point where you need to farm gear.

Two days is being generous.
>>
>>384892496
And again, most of the posts seem outdated. LoD was added to the game quite some time ago and is usually one of, if not the highest clear potential for every class. LoD invalidates the claim for set item supremacy as it requires no set items to be used. One can easily clear an entire season with more than just the very best class build. Even if a 'best' build exists (which goes for anything, even in D2) many of the other builds remain competitive for each class and it's rare for one build to have a huge lead on other builds. The lack of build diversity comments never seem to hold water when you have more than a dozen builds for each class clearing GR 100+
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.