[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a case of a fucked up romance/love story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1476869295246.jpg (293KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1476869295246.jpg
293KB, 1638x2048px
Has there ever been a case of a fucked up romance/love story in a video game?

The only one I can think of is the one from Neverwinter Nights 2, when you play with a male MC and the Elf druid chick pretty much tells you she was watching you ever since you were a little kid and then proceeds to tell you she wants your babies.
>>
I always like how 5% of any given Far Cry / Ass Creed game is real interesting but its covered by 40 hours of a dull open world and autistic grinding.
>>
File: Citra.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Citra.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>384863284

Yeah, the backstory with Citra and Vaas was really interesting and when you realize it's her that made him so fucked up, you'd have to be a retard to actually do what she wants at the end of the game.
>>
>>384863423
>not killing that white bitch
>>
File: Citra 1.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Citra 1.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>384863921

Why would I do that when it's clear that Citra is fucking insane and she should not be listened to? The crazy cunt drugged and raped her brother.
>>
>>384863989
>The crazy cunt drugged and raped her brother.

that's pretty hot
>>
>>384863989
What what? I thought Vaas was just a random idiot who got lured into pirate work by the Mercencary chaps for the drugs and shit.
>>
>>384864829
Didn't the weird hallucinations of him turning into you while you were banging his sis clue you in on anything?
>>
>>384864829
The story Citra & Co tell you is that Hoyt got Vaas addicted to drugs and made him a psycho killer. But through the game Citra & Co are basically grooming you to be exactly how Vaas ended up. And what >>384865324 said. It's there for you to figure out the reality. Citra mindbroke Vaas but he managed to get away.
>>
>>384863127
I have never been so frustrated by a character in vidya. Citra is so grating. I can't stand her. I'm supposed to feel romantically invested even as she drugs Jason and goes on spouting crazy shit? What was with that final choice? What motivation does Brody have to simply murder all of his friends that he spent the entire game rescuing?
I've beaten the game twice and chosen to leave the island both times. In that ending, Citra is supposed to leap in front of Jason to protect him. Since it's in first person, it looked to me like Jason grabbed her and used her as a human shield, which would have been a preferable ending. Damn I hate Citra.
>>
>>384865928

>What motivation does Brody have to simply murder all of his friends that he spent the entire game rescuing?

It's some kind of weird western fixation on morality, they seem to think that if you kill people it changes you irrevocably and you can't or shouldn't be able to function in regular society.
>>
>>384865928
>b-but, muh dick!
>>
>>384863921
That bitch is ur characters gf. She's also not crazy, and better looking than Citra.
>>
>>384865928
> rescuing bunch of fucking selfish assholes that don't give a fuck about you and do nothing besides whine and sit in a cave
> a brown goddess that teaches you to become Jason Bourne tier character
One of the most disappointing thing about the game that you kill Vas in a fucking cut scene, like welp thats it, enjoy angry business man for the rest of the game
>>
>>384865324
>>384865426
It's been a while since I've played the story. Just looked up the final fight scene with the drug trip and saw what you're talking about. Guess I never put 2 and 2 together. Even so without having rewatched the thing, I did remember feeling like they were trying to fuck with your head with the drugs and shit so you'd side with them, just didn't think about the rape part.
>>
>>384863127
>she was watching you ever since you were a little kid and then proceeds to tell you she wants your babies.
hnng
>>
File: 1438727588169.jpg (15KB, 295x325px) Image search: [Google]
1438727588169.jpg
15KB, 295x325px
>>384866568
>>
>>384866568
Except she acts like a control freak that gets pissed at you for Manning the fuck up and being able to do what you've been doing to save everyone's ass.
>>
>>384866454
Related to this but unrelated to thread, this is actually an interesting societal/media shift over the last hundred years or so.

It used to be that when a character murdered someone, they were irrevocably changed by the experience to such a degree that they had serious trouble fitting back into society or simply couldn't. Even when you had a person 'killing' someone instead of murdering them (soldier in war, villager in self defense, etc) they would be super shaken by it.

More modern media makes this look antiquated, which is why it stands out when it does still show up occasionally, because while the older romanticized media showed it as a big deal in order to appeal to our sympathy, modern media goes the more realistic route that there are startling numbers of people who can kill someone and be completely unphased by it due to morality, sociopathy, or just general apathy. We've shifted from comforting belief that 'doing bad things makes you unable to live in civilized society' to 'you can act civilized and still be a massmurdering lunatic'.
>>
>>384866754
DUDE I CAN@T BELIEVE YOU MURDERED ALL THOSE PEOPLE TRYING TO SAVE ME
I DONT KNOW IF I CAN LIVE WITH THAT
DONT SAY ANYTHING WE WILL JUST HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT SOME OTHER TIME
Like fuck you, maybe I should have come later after they raped you for a few weeks and left you starving to eating pig shit
>>
>>384866620
The entire segment with Vaas is shit. At this point, Vaas believes that Brody is dead. You could be in stealth up to that point and all of the magic televisions will still turn on right as you get near them and you still enter the Matrix or whatever. There's no explaination given as to why you've suddenly entered a surreal dream world. It's frustrating. I was ready for a cool stealth/infiltration mission and instead I got heavily scripted nonsense.
>>
>>384866946
"Flashbacks" are a reported psychological phenomenon in which an individual experiences an episode of some of LSD's subjective effects after the drug has worn off, "persisting for months or years after hallucinogen use".
>>
>>384866568
Oh wow. I am supposed to care because she is the playable characters girlfriend. That makes up for her having no fucking personality and bitching the entire game when you are the only one actually doing anything to rescue them.
>>
>>384865928
I think this whole side of the game was planned, but then completely neglected so when it shows up late-game, it is offputing and retarded.

Farcry games have always been about going native and losing your morality when shoved into a shitty situation, but I really do think Fallout 3 was supposed to actually SERIOUSLY examine the mentality behind it. There's that genuinely fantastic moment during a story mission where you're fleeing/escaping from some Vaaz cronies with Captured Girlfriend A, and your character is basically shouting "DRIVE CLOSER SO I CAN PUNCH THEM WITH MY GUN!" all the while. After escaping, he laughs and cheers, and the girl is freaked the fuck out and asks what the hell is wrong with him.

It actually felt realistic because as a player, you don't give two fucks about any of it and just want to have a blast, while in reality, it'd be one of the scariest and fucked-up situations in these people's lives. It felt like the game was, at times, trying to show how easy it was to lose yourself in it all, and how normal people don't act or think the way you are/do. That ending, then, seemed like it was SUPPOSED to be a big moment of choosing which life you prefered; save your friends and give up all the fun and lunacy to go back to civilization, or murder them and sever your ties to your old life and humanity in favor of RIP AND TEAR forever.

Of course this being modern-day devs, it was completely fucked, not explained, poorly shown and only hints of what it could have been slip through.
>>
>>384867045
One of biggest cases of ludonarrative dissonance in Far Cry 3 is the fact that Jason Brody, who has no combat experience, suddenly goes Rambo and takes down entire bases of third-world pirates who have probably been fighting and killing since childhood. It's difficult to believe that Brody could successfully fight and defeat Vaas while simultaneously tripping balls. The only explanation is that Vaas is tripping just as hard as Jason as the fight is taking place, and the actual fight is actually nothing like what either of them experienced.
>>
>>384867045
Not an excuse for shitty gameplay, I am completely with >>384866946 on this. Vaas was a great villain, and I was expecting some sort of payoff. Hell even that final villain, Hodyt or some shit, was alright. But no, both times right before the action, my character goes catatonic and apeshit and I get some trippy nonsense in place of an actual bossfight.

And then you wake up, there's corpses all around you, and you realize you hulked out during your freakout and murdered the shit out of a dozen guys single-handedly, in a sequence that would've been A THOUSAND TIMES MORE FUCKING INTERESTING TO PLAY THROUGH OR WATCH THAN DRUGSVILLE FLASHBACKS.
>>
>>384867352
I'm sort of alright with this, because Far Cry always handwaves it with the theme of "The less you care about your humanity, the more badass you get." Not a great excuse, but once the literal magic and drugs start showing up, I stopped caring for nor expecting the accuracy I enjoyed in FC2.
>>
Fuck beer, let's do sambuca shots.
>>
>>384868016
I wonder if someone got fucked in the ass in Thailand
>>
>>384866697
She dies at the end of the game
>>
What's the explanation when you choose Citra and fuck her and she kills you and after you can go free roam? What?
>>
>>384863127
The Vaas fight should've been the end of this game
>>
>>384866864
You're full of it, you twerp. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Your cultural awareness extends to 80s entertainment media.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.