[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 81lUkKN2WeL._SL1191_.jpg (334KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
81lUkKN2WeL._SL1191_.jpg
334KB, 842x1191px
Why is it so good?
>>
no one knows for sure, as the sequel proved
>>
>>384859951
It's not hard to figure out why.

HM2 maps were too big, open, and weird. HM1 maps were compact, fast, and tight.
HM1 story was sparse and abstract. HM2 story was overly present, too unfocused, and mostly poor.
HM1 masks were cool because they allowed different play styles. HM2 was far more limited, and less interesting.
>>
>>384859579
great music, violence and a good story.
thats why i like it
>>
>soundtrack that kicks the dick off of almost any other game
>gameplay has a great feel, even most of the melee weapons feel distinct from each other in satisfying ways
>on top of that, resetting after a loss is nearly instantaneous and painless
>graphical style is extremely bright and stimulating without coming off as gaudy
>neon colors, gameplay feel/violence and music combined gets you into almost a trance like state, you just keep killing and resetting until you get it right
>after your victory the music stops, the trance ends, and you get to walk back to your car, soberly surveying the carnage you caused
It's basically the perfect storm of aesthetics and good gameplay combined.
>>
>>384860836
You forgot the only two things that actually matter in video games: good gameplay and level design
>>
>>384860941
This is a well put together post that describes it perfectly.
>>
>>384860968
oh right, those are good points too anon
>>
>>384860369
>HM2 maps were too big, open, and weird. HM1 maps were compact, fast, and tight.

you either didn't beat hotline miami 1 or have a really bad memory.

Hotline Miami 1 levels stopped babying you with tiny corridors like 3/4 of the way through and Hotline 2 starts off as hard as the first game ended.
>>
>>384859579
Hotline Miami 2 got banned in Australia because of the "rape scene" at the beginning of the game. Literally pixel rape scene that wasn't even legit rape because it was actually a movie scene.
>>
>>384863561
>Hotline Miami 1 levels stopped babying you with tiny corridors like 3/4

He didn't say it was a matter of babying, there's no doubt a retarded amount of windows and long-distance enemies that WILL kill you off screen if you don't know you're there in HM2, far more of it than HM1.
>>
File: BWk4hia.png (10KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
BWk4hia.png
10KB, 550x550px
>>384863803
Is that why you can turn it off in options?
>>
>>384863917
>long-distance enemies that WILL kill you off screen

fun fact: enemies actually don't fire their guns until they are in your visual range.

You need to pan the camera to look farther, like you learned in the tutorial. Is the look button hard to hit on console or something? I know its a huge pain in the ass on the vita
>>
>>384864132
what the fuck are you talking about
They fire when they see you, not the other way around
>>
>>384860968
I wish you people would leave.
>>
>>384864232
They have the same range as the player character. If they can see you, you are able to see them by moving the camera.
>>
>>384864132
It's fine on console, just one of the bumpersbif memory serves. It does suck on Vita though
>>
>>384864253
>I wish people who like video games would leave
t. Nu-/v/
>>
>>384864441
>I wish people who like video games would leave
I'll be honest with you man, that actually sounds more like old-/v/.
>>
post sick tunes, from 1 or 2 doesn't matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICjD3f-8SXE
>>
>>384864914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaE20aXxCz4
>>
File: hm2.jpg (181KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
hm2.jpg
181KB, 986x1378px
>>384859951
Actually it's pretty easy to figure out why HM2 was fucking trash compared to HM1
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.